Xbox One BKk

skippybangkok

I am in Chiang Mai and have Xbox One and when I talked to support at Microsoft because I was having trouble getting onto Xbox Live he told me Xbox Live is not available for Xbox one in Thailand yet I was really looking forward to playing the Division anyway you can still play the games just not on Live I am still super happy with my system it is very solid and would recommend if your ok not playing online for now

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in Chiang Mai and have Xbox One and when I talked to support at Microsoft because I was having trouble getting onto Xbox Live he told me Xbox Live is not available for Xbox one in Thailand yet I was really looking forward to playing the Division anyway you can still play the games just not on Live I am still super happy with my system it is very solid and would recommend if your ok not playing online for now

Can you buy and play games downloaded from the Microsoft store ? Or the free games with gold .

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been doing a bit of research into this.

The xbox one has a regional setting in the settings. No matter where you are in he world as long as you don't change the regional settings on the xbox. You will be able to play games that are from the UK or from the UK marketplace. Apps use geolocation so bbc iplayer or netflix won't work. unless u use a service like uno telly which tricks the box in to thinking your in the UK.

P.s physical discs are region free so if you buy a game from the UK it will be fine

• 1 month later...

Guys, i need a new power supply for an x box one asap! I bought one off lazada and it was a japan model so 110v. There was a hand written note in thai which i cant read saying i need a 500w voltage adaptor so i plugged it in and its fried. Im in chiang mai and asked around but if anyone has a lead to where i can get a 220v one id be much appriciated. Seems incredible they dont just sell the international power adaptors in every market which are 100~240 volts......

• 10 months later...

hey guys... wonder if we can revive this thread!

i finally got my xbox one.. bought second hand.. it's a day one edtion.. in pretty good condition! the previous owner didn't even peel off those plasticy films (i always remove them on any brand new gadget immediately!)

anyway... everything is working nicely... but has anyone got a solution to run Xbox one guide with true visions cable? or is there any third party app that we can download to try and get it working?

also.. i have 6 digital games.. previous owner tag still signed in... hopefully i will get to play them finish.. provided he doesn't buy a new xbox or sign in elsewhere!!!

i wrote to him to ask him to hand over his gamer tags/ msoft id nicely.. hopefully give gives them to me..

anyways.. hopefully we can have some xbox one friends on here... though i doubt i have much time for multiplayer on a regular basis!

i think.. i have..

1. pneumonia

2. fifa 2015

3. dance central (2015 i think)

4. tomb raider.. definitive

5. some old war game.. can't remember

6. forza (on a disc!)

i also ordered

7. shape up (disc)

8. sports rivals (disc)

• 1 month later...

I just bought an Xbone for my oldest son in Udon. The game that its bundled with didn't work after I input the redemption code (because I'm not in the UK I guess) so I'm now wary of buying any other games over the net for it. I suppose I'll have to stick to buying discs for it, if I can find any in Udon.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm happy to see this thread revived.

I feel conned by Microsoft. They claim that the XBox One has no region restrictions yet many games are now only available as downloads.

I want to download Elite Dangerous from the UK XBox One shop but I cannot use my credit card or Pay Pal account because they are registered in Thailand.

As previous posters have pointed out Microsoft do not support the XBox One in Thailand.

The only solution I can think of is to buy a Microsoft gift card online and use it to download games.

Has any member tried this ?

• 3 weeks later...

I feel conned by Microsoft. They claim that the XBox One has no region restrictions yet many games are now only available as downloads.

I want to download Elite Dangerous from the UK XBox One shop but I cannot use my credit card or Pay Pal account because they are registered in Thailand.

As previous posters have pointed out Microsoft do not support the XBox One in Thailand.

The only solution I can think of is to buy a Microsoft gift card online and use it to download games.

Yes. I bought a 12-month Gold subscription for the US store from play-asia. Also bought gift cards from them. I use my Thai PayPal account. Once you buy, literally takes a few minutes until you get the codes and are good to go. Like someone mentioned before, whatever store you want to buy from, just keep the region settings the same. I've been playing online and downloading games since about September last year doing this.

Yes. I bought a 12-month Gold subscription for the US store from play-asia. Also bought gift cards from them. I use my Thai PayPal account. Once you buy, literally takes a few minutes until you get the codes and are good to go. Like someone mentioned before, whatever store you want to buy from, just keep the region settings the same. I've been playing online and downloading games since about September last year doing this.

Sorry for my ignorance but how does it work?

So you have an Xbox one in Thailand.

You buy a 12 months gold subscription from Play Asia website using any means of payment (credit card or PayPal Thai)

You get a digital code that you enter on your Xbox. That will give the gold privileges?

Then you buy a gift card also from Play Asia website. Let say you buy a gift card of 100USD value.

Then you go in "store" on your Xbox, select a game let say 20USD. You enter your gift card code and then you can download your game and you have a remaining balance of 80USD on your gift cards to still use?

Is it as that simple?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys!!

funny how i first asked how to get an xbox one.. and finally did..

however i have since decided to sell it off because i don't quite have enough open living room space to enjoy the kinect fully!

any takers?

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/electronics/computers-for-sale/xbox-one-kinect-some-games-to-go-359665.html

will consider serious offers :)

cheers!

ps. set works beautifully and has some addtional games :)

Archived