Xbox One BKk

skippybangkok

you know of one do you ? wai.gif

I guess i see where your coming from. if pixels close to each other, will not be able to tell apart. Can say having bought a new tv recently, same size, but more pixels / colour etc, the difference is stunning.

Can you also elaborate what was the resolution of the old tv and of the new one. If going from 480P to 1080P then it will indeed be a big improvement, but 720P > 1080P is difficult to discern with the human eye unless you look from very close distance or at a large screen.

It is quite possible his new tv does look stunning compared to his old one. He could have bought an LED LCD which offers higher contrast levels. He could have splurged and bought one of the top of the line Samsung or Sony sets which when compared to a lower quality set the picture isn't even close to the same due to the advanced processors both companies have developed. Too much is made of 720p, 1080i, 1080p, UltadHD and 4k, those have become nothing more than marketing terms. There is so much more at play than resolution. Compare the black levels of a Samsung OLED (or better yet a Panasonic Plasma) to one of the numerous low budget LCD's and tell me you don't see a major difference.

I was referring to Skippy's remark about the more pixels, which would be not possible since a 1080p resolution has a set amount of pixels, be it plasma, led or whatever.

The colors however would without doubt have improved as technology has improved, and that is also what I said in my previous post.

Now that Skippy has told us that his previous tv was a rear projection, there are no doubts anymore that he notice a big difference, since it are two completely different technologies.

Not that I am doubting you but when did 480p's have HDMI connections and what purpose did they serve? I am not saying your lying I just don't ever remember seeing them.

As far as I'm aware all flat panels that are HD-ready have a HDMI slot, regardless of which resolution they are, as they would need the HDMI to connect to a HD source.

All flat panels of 42" and up were HD ready as far as I'm aware.

I still have here a cheap LG plasma which I bought 7-8 years ago, and it has a HDMI slot.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where to get them and when ?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Ingame thailand have got US ps4's for about 25 k but will be stocking Asia ps4's from dec 20 for about 16-17k. Only place I know with xbox ones is champ games in cm but there 31k and comes with FIFA 14 . Cheaper Asian versions of the xbox will be available 1st quarter next year.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good thread, if anyone gets an Xbox One please let us know whether the HDMI input works with True Vision.

The hdmi input will work. but until the console is officially released over here I doubt they will support the programme guide feature .

Best and cheapest place in Bangkok with most shops to choose from is at "Saphan Lek" .

Use google map and you find it, it's not a shopping mall but a market built om top of the Rop Krong river.

Entrance and exit is in Charoen Krung Road and Yaowarat.

They sell all kinds of game consoles, Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo WII, PSP. And games who works on this consoles.

Difficult to find, no advertising or signs outside, it's kind of a black market for thai people.

Link to the market:

https://maps.google.no/maps/empw?url=https:%2F%2Fmaps.google.no%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3Dsaphan%2Blek%2Bbangkok%26aq%3D%26sll%3D61.143235,9.09668%26sspn%3D8.928218,26.784668%26vpsrc%3D6%26ie%3DUTF8%26hq%3Dsaphan%2Blek%26hnear%3DBangkok,%2BThailand%26ll%3D13.746795,100.503701%26spn%3D0.004377,0.006539%26t%3Dm%26z%3D14%26iwloc%3DA%26cid%3D4127389586591926333%26output%3Dembed&hl=en&gl=no

Thanks for this! wai2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

There's 3 games shops next to each other on the 5th floor of digital gateway Siam square . Nadz,superrich,gameshop all should stock it

Perhaps, perhaps not.

So called 400 usd PS4 is sold here for 550 usd. Unless Microsoft sells xbox one directly or sells cheaper in SG / HK, don't expect them to sell XB1 for decent price.

If PS4 price is 550 usd here, expect XB1 to be atleast 670 usd perhaps more. I don't think Thai gamers will be interested in XB1 at this price.

Anything solely consumed by farangs are always expensive here in Thailand.

There's 3 games shops next to each other on the 5th floor of digital gateway Siam square . Nadz,superrich,gameshop all should stock it

Perhaps, perhaps not.

So called 400 usd PS4 is sold here for 550 usd. Unless Microsoft sells xbox one directly or sells cheaper in SG / HK, don't expect them to sell XB1 for decent price.

If PS4 price is 550 usd here, expect XB1 to be atleast 670 usd perhaps more. I don't think Thai gamers will be interested in XB1 at this price.

There £349 in the uk and on today's exchange rate that's 18100 baht so I picked one up for 17500 . So it didn't bother me too much.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

There £349 in the uk and on today's exchange rate that's 18100 baht so I picked one up for 17500 . So it didn't bother me too much.

Try importing an XB1 from UK, because we are talking about buying one here in Thailand, not buying one from your Homecountry and bringing in a luggage.

I was thinking about xbone first but decided to skip it reasons are plain simple: It will never support Thai cable providers, heck now it doesnt even support EU ones.

Kinect is still just a gimmick, take a look at review for kinect games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/the-fighter-within-review

I also dont want to sit and talk to my TV all the time, its a nice feature which I thought I will use a lot (Sir, Google Now) but it gets old quickly and sometimes its faster to do something with controller.

Anyway with PS4 having more power I think I will go for that.

Good thread, if anyone gets an Xbox One please let us know whether the HDMI input works with True Vision.

The hdmi input will work. but until the console is officially released over here I doubt they will support the programme guide feature .

Has anyone tested the xbox one guide here in Thailand using True Vision?

I spoke to a Microsoft rep here and they confirmed that they have no plans to officially release the One or Xbox Live in Thailand. Their research does not support a release, apparently the market is too small.

So knowing that there will never be any official release I too find myself tempted to go over to the PS4 (for the first time since the PS One!).

I spoke to a Microsoft rep here and they confirmed that they have no plans to officially release the One or Xbox Live in Thailand. Their research does not support a release, apparently the market is too small.

So knowing that there will never be any official release I too find myself tempted to go over to the PS4 (for the first time since the PS One!).

nah.... you just scared to encounter big bad skippy in BF again !! :)

Cheers, i loved the old battlefield.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I spoke to a Microsoft rep here and they confirmed that they have no plans to officially release the One or Xbox Live in Thailand.

Can't you just buy one in Singers?

Could do, I have an original Xbox and a 360 (both purchased in SG) but increasingly Xbox is releasing more and more regionally restricted apps and features on Live, e.g. voice control for kinect.

So wondering whether its really worth it.

In fact, looking at the latest game releases, I might even skip a generation.I haven't seen a stand out, must have, game yet, that I can't get on the PC.

Box contents

• Xbox One Console, Kinect Sensor (In the States, voice feature is English language only. Kinect voice search available with select games and content, and varies by feature, provider and region)
  • Xbox One Controller, Xbox One Chat Headset, HDMI Cable, Wireless Networking Capability (Dual band 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz spectrums, compatible with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n networks)
  • HDMI Cable, 500GB Hard Drive

So it has everything, but console is 110v. They say they provide 110-220V transformer included in this price, but I'm not sure. A minimum 300w transformer is recommended for XB1.

• 7 months later...

I am very sorry to ask my own questions on your thread but i dont know how to create my own .. But I am moving to Southern Thailand to live with my family over there. They have WIFI Access in all rooms but I wasnt sure what my UK xbox one would allow me to do over there.. Can i play online? Will the games work that i have taken into the country from the UK? I have been puzzled for weeks but have no way of finding out any specific information.. So will i be able to play online and interact with others over party chat and game play etc?

PLEASE HELP!

Archived