Favorite Beach in Thailand?

ChrisB87

Surin. Ban Kruit. Bang Saphan (south). Vong Duean (Samet). White Sands (Chang - I'm a sucker for this beach). Khao Lak. Use to love Chewang/Lamai, but too over developed now. Kinda the same thing with Chang. Khanom is pretty nice. I'd really like to visit Wua Laen some day. Along with Laem Mae Phim in Chantaburi.

Soo many options!!

Glad you havn't been to any of my favourites.

Bang Saen is totally mindblowing, it´s a real Thai-beach, with good food, umbrellas cover-up the ugly beach, that´s good, don´t go in the water, it´s polluted, but it´s so Thai, I really like this place, no farang, no russians, but plenty of thai´s going crazy with all their cars, and showing off, try it ...

laugh.png

• Like 1

Surin. Ban Kruit. Bang Saphan (south). Vong Duean (Samet). White Sands (Chang - I'm a sucker for this beach). Khao Lak. Use to love Chewang/Lamai, but too over developed now. Kinda the same thing with Chang. Khanom is pretty nice. I'd really like to visit Wua Laen some day. Along with Laem Mae Phim in Chantaburi.

Soo many options!!

I didn't list all of my favorites. thumbsup.gif

Koh Phayam.....and some beaches on the other side of the pond...Koh Chang in Trat is nice. I like the fresh air of both. Seems like the Lush vegetation and ocean air in Koh Chang (Trat) is just full of oxygen. Lots of beaches with variety....some quiet, and then White Beach (fun with outdoor BBQ and some nightlife)

Koh Chang has many nice beaches also is an Idyllic Island for holidaying. only 4 hour drive from Pattaya also!

4 hours to Koh Chang seems a long time...wai2.gif

I think it would be 4 hours if you included the wait at the ferry, the crossing and then the drive down the island to your hotel?????

Bang Saen is totally mindblowing, it´s a real Thai-beach, with good food, umbrellas cover-up the ugly beach, that´s good, don´t go in the water, it´s polluted, but it´s so Thai, I really like this place, no farang, no russians, but plenty of thai´s going crazy with all their cars, and showing off, try it ...

laugh.png

I live near Bang Saen - polluted is a kind description - like many Thai beaches, and in fact a lot of Thailand itself - they are simply horrific disaster areas - but mid week it is much quieter, a lot of the unsightly umbrellas are gone and the beach has a great atmosphere - nice breezes and blissfully quiet, compared to the riotous weekends!

I have to say that recently they are trying to clean up the beach front, but the sheer numbers that descend on this beach each weeks (especially on Thai bank holidays) means it is a tough battle to win -but for all that Bang Saen is great fun and a genuine Thai experience - loads of great bars along the southern beach front - very few foreigners - top seafood - but in the end the piles of rubbish just get you down - it is the main thing that really spoils this fabulous country for me - the mountains of plastic garbage everywhere......

As someone who has lived in Australia for many years - though i am British - there is not a single beach in Thailand, that i have been to, that holds a candle to an average beach in Aussie - please please tall me where the really good ones are?

White Sands on Koh Chang - Koh Chang southern side in general is really nice - is really nice, but even this far south the beaches still suffers from Thailand's plastic holocaust.

• Like 1

Koh Kood Island a bit off Koh Chang. We been there at a beach where the sand was so white and the water so clear, that it was difficult to tell if you were in the water yet or not. Only negative are the sandflys giving you a 3 month itch.

Edited by PrimeAsia

Koh Kood Island a bit off Koh Chang. We been there at a beach where the sand was so white and the water so clear, that it was difficult to tell if you were in the water yet or not. Only negative are the sandflys giving you a 3 month itch.

. WoW a 3 month Itch, No Thanks, Thanks for the warning, I heard the Mossy's are Huge on Koh Samed, is that true???

Soo many options!!

I didn't list all of my favorites. thumbsup.gif

For me dirty water makes a dirty beach,

If i see stinking sewage canals enter on the White sand beach (North side)

and all this shit water from the hotels and bungalows enter in the sea ,and

small children playing in it ....i advise you to finish your beer ,go to the sea and fill

the glass ,hold it to the sun and open your eyes.

If you see 2 full glasses.......continue your dream.

• Like 1

14 years ago, Sai Keow at Ko Samed was beautiful..Clean sea and beach. No plastic. Same 10 years ago at Ko Chang..Soon as a nice beach is discovered in LOS, it's the beginning of the end. Not much left now. Beaches I've seen in Cambodia are even worse. Still some beautiful beaches in the Philippines if you're willing to travel. Palawan has some beauties..No plastic, waves, clean beach and empty..Try Sabang.

I agree with Petercouz that very few if any hold a candle to the average Queensland beach. I don't live here for the beaches, though...smile.png

• Like 1

I will not list my favorites because most are hidden gems lol. But will say that my top 4 are all on Koh Lak, Koh Kood and Koh Mak. Koh Mak has probably my favorite beaches in Thailand simply for the fact that tourism has not taken over the Island yet like it has on many others. It it still one of my favorites to sit on the beach with a cold beer and my feet in the water.

• Like 2

I will not list my favorites because most are hidden gems lol. But will say that my top 4 are all on Koh Lak, Koh Kood and Koh Mak. Koh Mak has probably my favorite beaches in Thailand simply for the fact that tourism has not taken over the Island yet like it has on many others. It it still one of my favorites to sit on the beach with a cold beer and my feet in the water.

Yes best to keep these places to ourselves seeing as there seems to be so few -a sad conclusion to this question.....

Best beaches in Thailand..KOH SAMUI...that was until the Russians arrived

That is the second negative reference to Russians in this thread. We come here ourselves to live in one of the worlds biggest tourist destinations,so not sure we really have a right to be sniping at the real tourists!

• Like 2