Favorite Beach in Thailand?

ChrisB87

Why does this question keep popping up like a turd bobbing up

up & down in the ocean?

If you have a favourite beach it's best to keep that place a secret.

NB...edit to add a couple words.

Edited by sunshine51

I will not list my favorites because most are hidden gems lol. But will say that my top 4 are all on Koh Lak, Koh Kood and Koh Mak. Koh Mak has probably my favorite beaches in Thailand simply for the fact that tourism has not taken over the Island yet like it has on many others. It it still one of my favorites to sit on the beach with a cold beer and my feet in the water.

Yes best to keep these places to ourselves seeing as there seems to be so few -a sad conclusion to this question.....

It really is sad, it seems like it wasn't that long ago that Chang, Lanta and even Tao were all unheard of and unspoiled paradises. Seems each year a new set of bungalows gets built and more and more bars and 7/11's.

Bang Saen is totally mindblowing, it´s a real Thai-beach, with good food, umbrellas cover-up the ugly beach, that´s good, don´t go in the water, it´s polluted, but it´s so Thai, I really like this place, no farang, no russians, but plenty of thai´s going crazy with all their cars, and showing off, try it ...

laugh.png

It's a total dump, full of Thais with absolutely no class drinking Chang beer and blasting music in their pick-up trucks. I'd rather spend the weekend in Southend-on-Sea.

• Like 1

Bang Saen is totally mindblowing, it´s a real Thai-beach, with good food, umbrellas cover-up the ugly beach, that´s good, don´t go in the water, it´s polluted, but it´s so Thai, I really like this place, no farang, no russians, but plenty of thai´s going crazy with all their cars, and showing off, try it ...

xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.png alt=laugh.png width=20 height=20>

It's a total dump, full of Thais with absolutely no class drinking Chang beer and blasting music in their pick-up trucks. I'd rather spend the weekend in Southend-on-Sea.

Really, Southend on Sea? Good luck.

Pass -- No ocean beaches in Thailand. (Cue YouTube ocean wave loop)

Please explain your comment, I'm not sure if I understand it.

Are you saying VietNam beaches are beaches on ocean but not here?

What's to explain -- look on a map. Vietnam beaches are on the South China Sea. Thailand beaches are on either the Gulf of Thailand or the Andaman Sea.

In my opnion there is nothing better than Mu Koh Phetra, Koh Adang, Koh Lipe, Koh Tarutao and Koh Langkawi (Malaysia). Try all Thai/Malaysian curry are all great! The taste of saouth is wonderful!
In the gulf of Thailand, I love Koh Mak (great small island).

Pass -- No ocean beaches in Thailand. (Cue YouTube ocean wave loop)

Please explain your comment, I'm not sure if I understand it.

Are you saying VietNam beaches are beaches on ocean but not here?

What's to explain -- look on a map. Vietnam beaches are on the South China Sea. Thailand beaches are on either the Gulf of Thailand or the Andaman Sea.

You do realize the Andaman Sea is part of the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Thailand is considered part of the South China Sea right?

• Like 1

I think what he means is there's no direct access to one of the major oceans. Thus, no real waves for surfing. Unlike in many other countries where waves have thousands of miles to build up power.

If you look at a map, you'll see Thailand is relatively well protected by various land masses on both sides.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/7b/d0/e0/nias-island.jpg

I'm not a surfer but if I'm going to make the effort to go the beach and maybe want to play in waves, this is what I want. I was in Pulau Nias off the coast of Sumatra in 1995 or so. As per Craig above if you put your toe in the water it is an ocean as in Indian (in this case), Pacific or Atlantic. Otherwise, I have a beautiful 30 meter salt-water swimming pool up here in Isaan -- no sand fleas.

Edited by JLCrab

From the ones I've been to these are my top 3

1) Koh Ma (Phangan)

2) paradise beach (Phuket)

3) railey krabi

I'll be heading back to Phuket in the new year so will hope to hit the similans, Tachai as well as laem sing, Nui and freedom beach. Koh chang is also on the itinerary.

I enjoy the Army Camp Resort,50 Klics south of Hua Hin. Rent a Bungalow there each Year, Not in School Holiday time though, the Boy Soldiers clean the beach, nice resturant and no freakin Loudspeakers early Morn. First Army place on the Left, going South, anyone can stay there.thumbsup.gif