Anyone know where I can buy kerosene for outdoor lamps?

makecoldplayhistory

I'm only after a few litres (home use) as I don't want to spend a fortune on citronella oil.

I'm near Bypass Road (Phuket).

Thanks a lot,

Mike

Seen this in Supersports at Central!! camping section!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by dogpoo

I didn't make it out shopping today.

As well as the crazy price of citronella oil, I also asked as the flame seemed a bit weedy with 3/4 citronella oil and 1/4 cooking oil.

Any suggestions for making the flame bigger?

Cheers

What about alcohol from the chemist?

I didn't make it out shopping today.

As well as the crazy price of citronella oil, I also asked as the flame seemed a bit weedy with 3/4 citronella oil and 1/4 cooking oil.

Any suggestions for making the flame bigger?

Cheers

You can't be bothered to go to central even though you live close by, there is no helping some people!!

ummm... ??? Bad day for you?

I didn't make it out shopping today as I worked for 10 hours (ate lunch at my desk too) and then came home to see my wife and son. Decided that getting some fuel for the lamps could wait until tomorrow. Is that okay? 

Yea sorry about that, nothing worse than battling traffic when you are tired, hope the fuel is there!

You can buy kerosene at any reasonable hardware shop on the island. Its usually stored near the thinners and comes in a bottle like the thinners does. If you ask for "naman gaht" you should receive a positive answer. Homeworks has it in 4 litre tins and it is clearly marked in both Thai and English.

Good luck.

• Like 1

You can buy kerosene at any reasonable hardware shop on the island. Its usually stored near the thinners and comes in a bottle like the thinners does. If you ask for "naman gaht" you should receive a positive answer. Homeworks has it in 4 litre tins and it is clearly marked in both Thai and English.

Good luck.

Does that translate into oil that bites?

Thanks for all of the replies.

Apparently, it's not as easy to come by as you'd imagine. I found it today in a Thep side hardware store after trying Central shops, Bypass Lotus shops and other places. Camping shops (and the like) have moved on to butane cannisters.

In the end, naman gaht worked. Esp. after a nice old guy transcribed it into Thai for me to show.

• Like 1