Briton victim of armed street robbery in South Pattaya

webfact

British victim of armed street robbery in South Pattaya

brit-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just after 4.30am on Monday a British National reported an armed street robbery which occurred in a South Pattaya street.

Mr. Raymond Carlyle aged 58 reported the incident which occurred in Soi 15 off Soi Baukao. He was walking back to his Hotel after a night out and was half-way down the street when two men on a motorbike drove in front of him, and with knives drawn, ordered Mr. Carlyle to hand-over all cash and valuables in his possession.

Mr. Carlyle was forced to hand-over 10,000 Baht in cash, a gold ring worth 26,000 Baht and a Samsung Smart Phone worth 10,000 Baht.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/110069/british-victim-of-armed-street-robbery-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-25

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tourist courts were suppose to make the Streets safer for foreigners. Obviously the court concept isn't working and is a laughing stock.

What on earth do the tourist court have to do with this my man??

They first have to catch the bandits before the tourist court can do their job which I hope they do.

Tourism Ministry to set up tourist court for better protection of foreign travellers

Tourism Minister Somsak Phurisrisak said on Monday that the idea of the tourist court establishment was conceived to provide fair and better "protection" to visiting travelers after more and more have been reportedly harmed while traveling in Thailand

• Like 1

The missing line above is.

Police will check CCTV in the area as they attempt to identify the assailants and arrest them as soon as possible before they are able to strike again.

But I think it is too late......... getting dangerous out there. Couldn't have been far from the entrance to the Mercure Hotel.

i think westerners should be made to watch "crocodile dundee in new york" so they can be armed and better prepared for their holiday in pattaya

....the Thais are always let off....the Westerners would feel the full brunt of the law.....

...so that would be a 'no win' move........

The missing line above is.

Police will check CCTV in the area as they attempt to identify the assailants and arrest them as soon as possible before they are able to strike again.

But I think it is too late......... getting dangerous out there. Couldn't have been far from the entrance to the Mercure Hotel.

4AM and drunk is not a good deal any place. Gold and cash are too big a challenge for the ganster to ignore.

Was he drunk??? Crooks don't just attack drunks. So many always assume that if a foreigner is attacked or robbed then they are automatically drunk.

• Like 1

Guys,

This is not the Pattaya, where you can walk alone at 4,30 am.

You have to recognize it, or if you are not willing to do it, you have to pay the price like this.

Edited by Loles
  • Like 2

The tourist courts were suppose to make the Streets safer for foreigners. Obviously the court concept isn't working and is a laughing stock.

Pattaya is still safe compared e.g. with Ho Chi Minh City. There police totally lost grip on scooters with thieves robbing people. But walking around with jewelry is not smart at all.

Too bad for him. Walking the streets with that cash and jewellery does not necessarily make him a potential target. But walking the streets alone at 4.30 in the morning and being a 'farang', that's putting a target on his front and back! Anybody who does that is in the crosshairs of a criminal waiting to take a shot.

If you can't even walk around safely in the early hours of the morning near Soi Bukow- then things are getting desperatesad.png

Yes, in an ideal world walking the streets at any time would be safe. However, the world is far from ideal and at 4:30 am it's far more likely any walker will appear as a target to nefarious types.

Showing my prudishness perhaps,, at 58 years old maybe the victim should have been 'tucked up' in bed a few hours prior. On the other hand was he an early riser anticipating a glorious sunrise !!!

I suspect he wouldn't be walking around 'flush' with money and valuables, if he were back home in UK. As always, it pays to exercise a bit of common sense.

Just between you and me ... isn't Bt 10,000 crisp Bills a bit much to be walking around with in the wee hours?

Sure @ 2pm doing some business ... but @ 4.30am doesn't show much Street Smarts.

+1

4.30am after a night out and STILL has 10.000Baht on him, I don't think socheesy.gifcoffee1.gifw00t.gif

• Like 1

Too bad for him. Walking the streets with that cash and jewellery does not necessarily make him a potential target. But walking the streets alone at 4.30 in the morning and being a 'farang', that's putting a target on his front and back! Anybody who does that is in the crosshairs of a criminal waiting to take a shot.

society is changing fast in Thailand due to economic pressure and this is a wake-up call that you can't walk anywhere during the darkness any more without fear of being potentially being held up.

Maybe it's time to start using that shiny fleet of taxis during the night-time?

• Like 1

I can only say that 4am is danger time man, it's a freak show that time of the morning, I am surprised the LBs did not get to him before the motor bike bandits. Maybe that's why I see a lot of blokes do there drinking day time , as for me I am tucked in by 11.00 pm counting sheep.