Where to stay in Bangkok?

TravelerVon

Hi all, I'm new to your forum so please don't judje for newbie question.

Next month would be my first trip to Bangkok, and I'm looking for some advice about where to stay for a few days in this wonderful city. Any decent hotels or residential areas?

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Any Hotel along the BTS sky train lines. A lot to chose from. That way you can easily and cheaply navigate most of the areas you'll want to see in Bangkok. Most hotel sites will show where the hotel is in relation to the BTS line. Ignore hotels which say cheap tuk-tuk or taxi service to BTS which usually indicates they are farther than walking distance.

Secure and watch your wallet. Pickpockets everywhere.

• Like 1

Florida Hotel is pretty convenient and I got a kick out of opening my window and watching people get on and off the skytrain. It is near the major intersection of Siam...I think one or two stations off.

Rooms are old, old. But it has a pool and you get right on the skytrain without walking. Good enough for me. Also, has an inexpensive restaurant next door.

Price was about 1000 baht..maybe less. The room had what I needed for a night...table, comfortable chairs, internet (I think), cable, bed was ok, hot water, good air con....but like I said...its old. Many better ones for a bit more. Just convenient for the night.

Florida Hotel is pretty convenient and I got a kick out of opening my window and watching people get on and off the skytrain. It is near the major intersection of Siam...I think one or two stations off.

Rooms are old, old. But it has a pool and you get right on the skytrain without walking. Good enough for me. Also, has an inexpensive restaurant next door.

Price was about 1000 baht..maybe less. The room had what I needed for a night...table, comfortable chairs, internet (I think), cable, bed was ok, hot water, good air con....but like I said...its old. Many better ones for a bit more. Just convenient for the night.

did i mention it had a pool....that was ok

I love the Landmark, while it is expensive.. it's worth it. Just a few steps to Nana, excellent breakfast buffet, and the rooms are perfect. Everything works like a smooth oiled machine.

Just spent 2 nights there, booked the best they had from Hotels.com, push button curtains, fast Internet, perfect beds, clean clean clean!

In BK or Chiang Mai the best deal is www.theskhouse.com

Good rates, friendly English speakers staff, free WIFI, good and safe location, swimming pool, good cable TV, good environment of mostly foreigners. Good restaurant. It is better to call for reservations...

In Chiang Mai they will get you from the airport, bus or train station for free...I do not know about BK.

Rates from 500th with AC in Chiang Mai, BK a little higher.

I love the Landmark, while it is expensive.. it's worth it. Just a few steps to Nana, excellent breakfast buffet, and the rooms are perfect. Everything works like a smooth oiled machine.

Just spent 2 nights there, booked the best they had from Hotels.com, push button curtains, fast Internet, perfect beds, clean clean clean!

I like the Landmark as well, but with the wife and kid it's as nice...

I like the Landmark as well, but with the wife and kid it's as nice...

Yea that Landmark is very good- fantastic gym there too...However can get a pricey this time of year. I Like the Arnoma, BTS & the malls within walking distance.

When you get off the plane, find the airport link (BTS)at the airport, get off at Ramkhamhaeng station. Nasa Vegas Hotel is just on the other side of the road.

few meters away from that hotel, there are bus stations. You can go to many directions you want

When you get off the plane, find the airport link (BTS)at the airport, get off at Ramkhamhaeng station. Nasa Vegas Hotel is just on the other side of the road.

few meters away from that hotel, there are bus stations. You can go to many directions you want

That's got to be the worst advise to give a first time visitor to BKK.

As the taxi fare into Sukhumvit is only 300-400 baht, why hassle with the BTS, carrying baggage? Easy if you know your way around, but not a good idea to someone who has never seen a 10 baht coin or knows no Thai language.

And for anyone to recommend to stay at the Nasa Vegas is bizzare. That hotel is one of the worst, in my opinion. At 800 to 1000 baht, I consider that overpriced. It's a dump inhabited by lowlifes. The are so many good hotels in Sukhumvit area at around 1500 to 2000 baht, with breakfast. For someone who has spent maybe 50,000 baht for airfare (my guess), to try to save a few baht using the BTS from the airport, then staying at a dirty dump like the Vegas makes no sense. Jess Sayin'

• Like 2

A lot of people like sukhumvit area.Not me.To,much smog.I like Riverside.There is A BTS station and water taxi.The hotel is Bossotel inn.It's A little over 1000 baht A night.Buffet breakfast included.They do A good job with the breakfast.Eggs cooked to order.bacon,sausage,juices,breads,Frenchtoast.Different kinds of breads.They also have A website.

• Like 1

I take it you dont know the reputation of that place or what the locals know it to be?

few meters away from that hotel, there are bus stations.

Where exactly would they be, right outside the hotel is a railway track, but never seen a bus station, in fact the closest bus station i can think of would be Ekamai.

First time in Bkk for the OP, can only mean the Nana Hotel, its a life changing experience.

I love Lebua. Cheapest and best 5 star and away from the mess. That is of course unless it is the mess you have come to partake of. Then go Sukhumvit. Try to avoid a hotel that is full of our Alah loving brothers, like Amari or JW Marriott. Unless of course you are an Alah loving brother.

It has been said many times above for very good reason. Be in walking (easy walking, have you seen it rain in BKK?) distance from BTS.

Lots of great recommendations here. I'd also recommend Wendy House. Near MBK mall and very reasonable. Close to BTS also.

OP: Please reply back with your budget, do you want to party or just visit tourist sites, etc.

Let's try this over in the Bangkok forum. Topic Moved.

I've been staying at the Watana Mansion (tell the taxi driver Soi sip jet Rachada) easy to get to both in and out, about 130 Baht from Sawanapoom, same price to Mor Chit bus station and close to MRT Suthisan, has a swimmong pool, cheap food restaurant / room service, elevator to all the roms, newly renovated rooms cost 700 baht but the TV sucks, they have installed new large plasma (not led) tv's with 3 thai channels and the english ones only have sound and are snowy, goodbye Watana, i think it's time to look elsewhere, after 7 years the lines are showing,, where can i go to now?