Drug addicts and tour guides arrested in Pattaya

webfact

Drug Addicts And Tour Guides Arrested

228.jpg

Pattaya police have arrested a gang of drug addicts and tour guides that persuaded tourists to go and see obscene sex shows. Police arrested 30 people in walking street south Pattaya.

PATTAYA – November 26, 2013 [PDN]; At 4.00 a.m. Pol. Lt. Col. Anake Sathongyu (Inspector of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) together with Pol. Capt. Netithorn Rattanasuchanan (Deputy Inspector) mobilized forces and plain clothed police and volunteer police to inspect Walking Street, south Pattaya, according to a commandment from the superior police to arrest people that had various infringement behavior that causes annoyance to other people and tourists.

The officers spread out to search for the people in question. The officers were looking for gangs who assembled to drink liquor take drugs, beg for money, persuaded tourists to see the obscene show, ladyboys that sold sexual service and the street musicians from the beginning to the end of Soi Walking Street.

The police arrested almost 30 defendants which included men, women and under 15-year-old children. Then the police took all of them to Pattaya city police station in order to check for their criminal history and the arrest warrants and also to test for drugs.

All of the defendants were charged with the allegation of “Wandering to make trouble and annoyance in the public place” and will be prosecuted with the light punishment by being fined for 100-200 THB per person then the police warned them before letting them go.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/11/26/drug-addicts-and-tour-guides-arrested/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-11-26

Obviously they were very serious about the situation. 100/200 baht fines ! My goodness, how will those touts ever support their legions of wives, mias and gigs if they lose 5-10% (or less) of their earnings for that evening ?

All of them were no doubt back on the street and had recouped their losses within a few minutes anyways but by gosh golly darn they sure learned a good lesson !

OK, maybe by the time the police let them go it was too late to go back and try to make up the loss, but they'll be back, tonight, same place(s), same time(s) doing the exact same things.

[

this is crack down month,,, meaning that they need to have numbers in the thousands to show how hard they are working,,, arrest anyone/quote]

"The officers were looking for gangs who assembled to drink liquor take drugs, beg for money, persuaded tourists to see the obscene show, ladyboys that sold sexual service and the street musicians from the beginning to the end of Soi Walking Street."

What is the law for selling sexual services? Ladyboy = not okay, biological born-with-a-vagina female = okay?

was attacked by one of those musicians once, in front of 3 thai policemen, when I got up the guy was prancing around behind the policemen, I said that guy just hit me, they said he was mafia and couldnt help me, so I for one am happy to see them getting a little harassment

Almost certainly not RTP. Possibly 'Municipal Officers' from City Hall. As to the musician being 'Mafia'....they probably meant that he was paying to be there....

Why didn't you go over to the Tourist Police at the other end? They are marginally less useless.

In the end, it's usually who you know.

was attacked by one of those musicians once, in front of 3 thai policemen, when I got up the guy was prancing around behind the policemen, I said that guy just hit me, they said he was mafia and couldnt help me, so I for one am happy to see them getting a little harassment

Almost certainly not RTP. Possibly 'Municipal Officers' from City Hall. As to the musician being 'Mafia'....they probably meant that he was paying to be there....

Why didn't you go over to the Tourist Police at the other end? They are marginally less useless.

In the end, it's usually who you know.

the guy was still threatening me and preventing me from getting past him so I had to leave in the other direction, but I think its fairly normal, yesterday I saw a jetski thug take a punch at a tourist in front of some policemen and they pretended not to see