Ubon Internet

Mike45

I'm wondering what type of cable brings Internet into your home and who the service provider is?

Cable TV Cable, telephone line cable, fiber optic cable?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I use 3BB and have found the service very good. They are advertising fibre optic to the house but I believe this is dependent on where you live in Ubon city. There is a cable TV service called Suphon or something like that but it is only in certain areas of the city.

What kind of cable did 3BB bring to your house? Is it the coaxial cable? Does it go into a cable modem box in your house and what kind of cable cones out of that box, Ethernet?

What kind of cable did 3BB bring to your house? Is it the coaxial cable? Does it go into a cable modem box in your house and what kind of cable cones out of that box, Ethernet?

I would say that the cable that is run to the house would be just ordinary copper phone cable and is then connected to the phone outlet in the wall. A modem is then connected to this outlet and I can connect either by Ethernet cable or wireless connection to the internet.

Hope this helps

What is internet like in the villages in Ubon? Let's say within 40km of the city?

If you are in a village I would guess that the only carrier to give you internet access would be TOT. Friends of mine from Khemarat (larger town 100km north) can only get TOT wired internet to their house. I also have friends just on the fringe of Ubon city who can only have TOT internet. They have asked 3BB for internet but have been told that they are too far out for their service.

3BB gives me 10mb every day for 631bht. The cable coming into the house is single core copper, no phone. I have wifi modem from 3BB which cost 750 bht. I can watch films via the net on my main PC whilst a laptop is doing similar stuff upstairs and the mrs is using Line or facebook on her iPhone. smile.png

If you go to 3BB's office in SK Mall they will look to see if their cables are in your area.

• Like 2

3BB gives me 10mb every day for 631bht. The cable coming into the house is single core copper, no phone. I have wifi modem from 3BB which cost 750 bht. I can watch films via the net on my main PC whilst a laptop is doing similar stuff upstairs and the mrs is using Line or facebook on her iPhone. Posted Image

If you go to 3BB's office in SK Mall they will look to see if their cables are in your area.

I'll go to the SK Mall tomorrow and ask them thanks.

Does anyone know where I can find 100 meter rolls of Cat 6 or Cat 5 cable? I've looked at HomePro and they don't have any at all. Unfortunately it got late before I could try all the others.

• 3 weeks later...

USB dongles are about 2k baht plus service. At the moment dtac has better 3g coverage, but everything changes. The other option if you have a smartphone that will act as a hotspot is just get a simm with voice and data. Have gotten 11meg down and 5 up on my iphone5 and dtac 3g. Thats as fast as my 4g in Texas.

USB dongles are about 2k baht plus service. At the moment dtac has better 3g coverage, but everything changes. The other option if you have a smartphone that will act as a hotspot is just get a simm with voice and data. Have gotten 11meg down and 5 up on my iphone5 and dtac 3g. Thats as fast as my 4g in Texas.

Like Marty said everything changes. In my MIL village the only 3G is with True.

If I were you I would start with one Sim from one company and only buy 3G for the day. If it doesn't work where you need it to change companies.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app