Yingluck denies Thaksin is 'mastermind' of govt; shrugs off 'stupid' comment

webfact

Problem is there isnt any party that isnt totally corrupt and out for what they can grab, Thais have no patience for elections or democracy hence the 22 or so attempted or successful; coups in the last 100 years rather than fight it out at election time.... no patience at all.

Politics are a joke in Thailand, always have and for the foreseeable future always will be.

Are you saying that there is a country in the world that has a party that is Lily white?

Nope im simply stating the truth that in Thailand has politics have no respect for the election process...A record like Thailand has simple proves my point.

Try and have an intelligent conversation with any average Thai politically and you'll see their eyes glaze over ;)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday responded to persistent claims her administration is run by her brother, the former PM Thaksin, saying: "There is only one Thai Cabinet and it's led by me."

Easy enough to prove/disprove. Order her records from Skype, Line, etc. and all of her e-mails along with her cronies for say, the last six months to 1 year. NO political contact with TS, case dismissed, multiple contacts then publicly shout "Liar".

Edited by mrwebb8825

Here is what truly baffles me. The poor Thais worship Thaksin like he is a God but he has robbed them of billions of dollars through his monopolized cellphone company that he owned. Like Carlos Slim in Mexico he is a robber baron of the poor. Can they not see that he has screwed them out of their wages every time they used his monopolized phone company in the past? He has taken more from the poor Thais than any tax will ever do.

Totally agree. They can't see past the fact that he paid the poor money to vote for him.

if this government would be followed up by a Dem. government, the story of unrest will continue.

there should come a new political order in the country, where different groups finally for the first time since 1932 are going to govern the country, instead of wasting time to fight each other .

I don't think it really matters who is in office. They are all easy targets; some more than others, but always they are easy targets; past, present and in all probability the future.

Discarding the fact that Thailand's economy is not largely dependent on the export of a single limited-resource product (e.g. brain-damage), they certainly are beginning to fit the definition of a proper banana republic.

If Parliament were an Australian Rules football team, they would hold the record for the longest scrum in the history of that sport.

What a bunch of never-ending bickering, quarreling, squabbling. miserable lunatics all!

Do they have scrums in Aussie Rules ? I though that was a feature of Rugby football.

jdinasia f

Cool I happy for your partner, I'm sure she is a lovely person and educated as well, I do sincerely mean that.

It seems your partner and mine have a little in common, that they are both Uni grad's and both fluent in English, also without having not studied outside of Thailand and only out for holidays.

You volunteer that (your partner) graduated from "BU" would that be Burapha University in Chonburi? if so, that would be an excellent University indeed,,,

I believe it is currently ranked second in the 2013 University reviews & rankings, only toped by Chiang Mai university, which happens to also be the very same University Yingluk got her bachelors degree form. So I think it would be fair to say It's no slouch that has bachelors degree from Chiang Mai Uni.

I have listened to Yingluk speak and I have no problem with her English, sure it's not fluent but hey neither is my Thai, But Yeah there is room for improvement.

Having lived in CM for ten years and having known and taught a lot of CMU students I can assure you obtaining BA there is no great shakes. It never ceased to amaze me how some students obtained their degrees until I got to know how things are done here.

Correct. That's why I would vote for a English grad (like Mark) than a Thai grad (like Chuan) any day.

Abhisit graduated from Oxford. The standards there are well known and integrity respected. There is considerable variability in degrees at UK universities and I know some Masters programs that academically are very weak. I know several American professors, associate professors and lecturers. They say the same thing about American universities.

I know 2 Thais who received Master's degrees from Australian Universities, yet neither speak or comprehend English well.

My experience with Thai universities - very similar variability and also variability between courses. My wife graduated from KU. I thought the bachelors was weaker in academic rigor than similar in the UK. However, the Master's was comparable academically with good UK programs and better than several I know. BU and Assumption have big International schools with many foreign students. I have seen Thailand's MOE enforcing rules on a PhD program quite strictly.

CMU - no idea but doesn't sound good. Having said that, I could make a similar comment about BA programs in some UK, Indian and UAE universities that I know.

Does she think anyone believes anything she says?

Starting with "my helicopter doesn't have lights, there is no corruption in the rice scheme, there will not be a cabinet reshuffle, the rice scheme does not make a real loss only accounting, etc etc.

Denying Thaksin calls the shots, when so many PTP others regularly let the cat out of the bag is really too much.

But, if the really is the one running the show, then she can't deny knowledge and responsibility anymore.

When will they realize that Thai people are no longer just accepting their contradictory and very obvious lies anymore ?

I don't think it really matters who is in office. They are all easy targets; some more than others, but always they are easy targets; past, present and in all probability the future.

Discarding the fact that Thailand's economy is not largely dependent on the export of a single limited-resource product (e.g. brain-damage), they certainly are beginning to fit the definition of a proper banana republic.

If Parliament were an Australian Rules football team, they would hold the record for the longest scrum in the history of that sport.

What a bunch of never-ending bickering, quarreling, squabbling. miserable lunatics all!

Do they have scrums in Aussie Rules ? I though that was a feature of Rugby football.

No, Aussie rules players don't like to sniff the bums of other players.

Edited by waza

Perhaps he meant "balls-up" or whatever it's called.

quote:

[Abhisit claimed the level of corruption under the Yingluck government had more than doubled - and the problem meant the country lost as much as Bt235 billion per year.]

This probably due to the huge backlog they have compared to the old power in this country who have had the opportunity to rape and pillage Thailand for decades.

The difference between both powers is, just as Abhisit states just, the level of corruption.

So maybe if Yingluck could control the money grabbing a bit all would be OK.