Yingluck denies Thaksin is 'mastermind' of govt; shrugs off 'stupid' comment

webfact

These two statements:

"people who work with me know what I am" attributed to Ms Prime Minister

"no one told me not to issue Thaksin a new passport" attributed to Mr Foreign Minister"

Most families have members who are acknowledged as slow, backward simple, etc Some people refer to them as "not knowing come here from sic-em". The families in most cases, protects them from the rigors of making their own way in a demanding world for their own and societies protection. The Shin family seems to have tried a unique approach, put them in politics.Without a doubt, another poorly planned venture into the unknown.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thay can't just dump thaksin's baby sister...!!!

She is a total lame duck in the water. The sooner PTP dumps her the better their chances of getting more MPs in the next election.

Unfortunately for YL, Thais, like most of the worlds voting public, are very fickle and she is last year fashion. Other than a few forum posters, she has been well and truly 'dumped' by the public; notice how few people are leaping to her defense - The UDD? Are they still at Rajamakala stadium in their tens of thousands? They have been very quiet, which is unusual as they normally want attention! Whats going on there?

If PTP has one gram of sense in it, they need to do dump her. Otherwise it will be a case of the ship going down with the captain, as opposed to the captain doing down with the ship. Otherwise it's checkmate with Suthep the victor.

But they could just dump her big brother.

Let's face it, when it comes to having an ability to run a country for the benefit of the country and its people, he has been shown to be sadly lacking in that department.

Cut him loose, if they make a half decent job of it, they will get voted in again next time, without his backing and money.

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday responded to persistent claims her administration is run by her brother, the former PM Thaksin, saying: "There is only one Thai Cabinet and it's led by me."

She knows this as an absolute fact. Her brother told her so by Skype....

As for remarks from opposition MPs that she was "stupid", Yingluck said: "People who work with me know what I am." This is the first time that she has responded to this accusation.

Which explains that now everybody knows that she's stupid. Not an accusation, it's a fact. A proofed fact. Waterproofed.I.Q. test will show the truth.-wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

So she basically avoided the questions then.

Why do the poor vote for her, when she can get herself a 2.5 million baht watch!!!! Who needs a 2.5 million baht watch? Can you imagine if David Cameron suddenly got one?

I'm baffled why people can't see through this government.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Simply they pay the best!

Nothing more than that!

generally it wouldn't be that bad if the PTP ship would sink, together with her... so, maybe they SHOULD keep her around - which they will most likely do anyway, regarding who her brother is...

thay can't just dump thaksin's baby sister...!!!

She is a total lame duck in the water. The sooner PTP dumps her the better their chances of getting more MPs in the next election.

Unfortunately for YL, Thais, like most of the worlds voting public, are very fickle and she is last year fashion. Other than a few forum posters, she has been well and truly 'dumped' by the public; notice how few people are leaping to her defense - The UDD? Are they still at Rajamakala stadium in their tens of thousands? They have been very quiet, which is unusual as they normally want attention! Whats going on there?

If PTP has one gram of sense in it, they need to do dump her. Otherwise it will be a case of the ship going down with the captain, as opposed to the captain doing down with the ship. Otherwise it's checkmate with Suthep the victor.

"People who work with me know what I am"

Finally. A comment, unscripted, off the cuff. Now just have to find if she's done any work with anyone else around.....

"People who work with me know what I am" - Yep and i think it's called........ 'stupid'

If YL is so "stupid"

then what dose that make Kentucky state University after giving her a Masters degree? "STUPID" American university that have no even clueblink.png

Master degree in what? Pottery, Outdoor Recreation, Basketball, Communications?

Kentucky State is far far from being an asset on a resume!

You'll also find very loose entrance requirements especially for Basketball Players!

It's not Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Cal-Poly, Columbia, Penn State, Texas by any stretch.

Just because a university is in the US is hardly an academic endorsement !

Edited by rodroy
  • Like 1

Finally. A comment, unscripted, off the cuff. Now just have to find if she's done any work with anyone else around.....

"People who work with me know what I am" - Yep and i think it's called........ 'stupid'

If YL is so "stupid"

then what dose that make Kentucky state University after giving her a Masters degree? "STUPID" American university that have no even clueblink.png

Master degree in what? Pottery, Outdoor Recreation, Basketball, Communications?

Kentucky State is far far from being an asset on a resume!

You'll also find very loose entrance requirements especially for Basketball Players!

It's not Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Cal-Poly, Columbia, Penn State, Texas by any stretch.

Just because a university is in the US is hardly an academic endorsement !

George Dubya went to Yale and got a Masters at Harvard.

So don't go 'misunderestimating' the quality of a US university education!

smile.png

• Like 1

Yingluck, I will love you always. These guys are just mean. You can dry your tears on my shirt.

They will all really howl when they see who comes along to replace you. Serves them right. You will have the last laugh.

Get a grip man. You sound like a hormone addled, love struck teenager.
  • Like 1

These two statements:

"people who work with me know what I am" attributed to Ms Prime Minister

"no one told me not to issue Thaksin a new passport" attributed to Mr Foreign Minister"

Most families have members who are acknowledged as slow, backward simple, etc Some people refer to them as "not knowing come here from sic-em". The families in most cases, protects them from the rigors of making their own way in a demanding world for their own and societies protection. The Shin family seems to have tried a unique approach, put them in politics.Without a doubt, another poorly planned venture into the unknown.

Hardly a poorly planned venture for this clan......they've all done very well from politics.....very very well!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife was watching coverage of the hearing yesterday.There was a point where the cameras showed Chalerm standing in front of a seated Abhisit, chalerm didn't look happy but Abhisit had a wry smile. I would love to know what they were talking about, probably wasn't the weather.

Discussing Chalerms possible position in the new governmentlaugh.png

Bend over nicely Khun Chalerm

That's a non-denial of the opposition remark that she's stupid. Learned from her big brother who liked to say "who am I to do such"

She was attacked for failing to keep an election promise to lower the cost of living?

Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sounds ridiculous but is a standard criticism that the masses can readily relate to, so they have to tick this box. The same accusations were levelled against Abhisit when PM.

• Like 1

If YL is so "stupid"

Kentucky State is a tiny 4th tier public university and (like some posters on here) severely under-endowed. It has about 3,000 students and a drop out rate of almost 50% in freshman.

It charges very low in-state tuition and much higher tuition for foreign students.

The undergrad program there is listed in the low 3500's if you can find it listed at all.

note ait ---- you make the logical fallacy that just because YL is stupid that it means the school is.. The school is merely poor with very low admission standards for foreign students.

And poor schools are very happy to get large endowments.

Except in the case of the likes of Oak, the lesser Shinawatra,

allegedly he and mom Potjamin were allegedly forcibly removed

from a Texas school he was applying to when Potjamin tried to force

his acceptance using boat loads of money and her sense of entitlement....

Allegedly of course.

Allegedly that went rather badly.

As allegedly the coverup also was not complete.

If YL is so "stupid"

Kentucky State is a tiny 4th tier public university and (like some posters on here) severely under-endowed. It has about 3,000 students and a drop out rate of almost 50% in freshman.

It charges very low in-state tuition and much higher tuition for foreign students.

The undergrad program there is listed in the low 3500's if you can find it listed at all.

note ait ---- you make the logical fallacy that just because YL is stupid that it means the school is.. The school is merely poor with very low admission standards for foreign students.

So according to you, "Kentucky State is a tiny 4th tier university" and " under-endowed,"

It seems a masters degree from KSU holds the same value as a single square of toilet paper, virtually useless?

you seem to know a fair bit about KSU quoting numbers and percentages, you a former student with a masters from there as well?

My wife was watching coverage of the hearing yesterday.There was a point where the cameras showed Chalerm standing in front of a seated Abhisit, chalerm didn't look happy but Abhisit had a wry smile. I would love to know what they were talking about, probably wasn't the weather.

A beheading by the end of this year?

So according to you, "Kentucky State is a tiny 4th tier university" and " under-endowed,"

It seems a masters degree from KSU holds the same value as a single square of toilet paper, virtually useless?

you seem to know a fair bit about KSU quoting numbers and percentages, you a former student with a masters from there as well?

No AIT ---- I am not. I studied at first and second tier universities. What I am capable of doing is researching and reading. If you are interested in Kentucky State University feel free to do a bit of reading about it. It only takes mere moments to do and would make you look like you cared enough to refute a fact. Perhaps you are aware of university rankings and that Thailand has several that rank very well in the world, but that doesn't change what Kentucky State University is.

Does it matter that YL studied in the USA and cannot string together a coherent sentence in English? Probably not. She's the PM of Thailand not sitting on the board of companies that do business internationally (that was 2 years ago ...) That my partner graduated from BU and is fully fluent in English without ever having had the benefit of being out of Thailand to study (or for more than 10 days at a time for vacationing) does suggest something about YL's language acquisition and retention abilities though. Those lack of skills may or not have bearing in the ability of a Prime Minister to function in the world ....

• Like 1

Problem is there isnt any party that isnt totally corrupt and out for what they can grab, Thais have no patience for elections or democracy hence the 22 or so attempted or successful; coups in the last 100 years rather than fight it out at election time.... no patience at all.

Politics are a joke in Thailand, always have and for the foreseeable future always will be.

Are you saying that there is a country in the world that has a party that is Lily white?

Discussing Chalerms possible position in the new governmentlaugh.png alt=laugh.png>

He was explaining to him that the position of Minister for toilets was already filled.clap2.gif

There IS a position for village idiot in Nakhon Nowhere. The last one quit and became a Government minister. rolleyes.gif

It is the same as in "card-counting", having a decent IQ is obviously useful, but veteran counters will tell you that skills such as 'multi-tasking' and 'pattern recognition' are more important than genius-level IQ. Non-quantifiable kinetics of human cognitive function such as 'awareness' are not directly related to academic learning or IQ, but are tremendously valuable traits in a person who performs certain tasks. Having awareness and common sense in a political leader is really more important than what Uni they went to or how much Alphabetti Spaghetti they have following their name. A combination of both would of course be preferable.

Edited by Yunla