bkk/ekermai to pattaya

salavan

I did that route the other week, Ekami to Pattaya,it was 124 baht, near enough that, took just over 2 hours to Pattaya North ( nua) bus station.

You`re right there is another bus service from there also, maybe quicker, was happy enough with the one I took, driven quite well I thought.

Whatever you do, DO NOT take the second class bus. You may save 20 or 30 baht, but the trip will be 5 hours instead of two, and you will not be dropped at the usual bus station in pattaya. You will be dropped on the expressway with all your luggage, where you have to find a motorbike to take you to your hotel, thus negating the few baht you may have saved. What a nightmare, which I will never repeat.

I did that route the other week, Ekami to Pattaya,it was 124 baht, near enough that, took just over 2 hours to Pattaya North ( nua) bus station.

You`re right there is another bus service from there also, maybe quicker, was happy enough with the one I took, driven quite well I thought.

Yes, but on the way back, when arriving in Bangkok, in my experience, it is very slow most of the journey because of the traffic and waiting time at traffic lights. Anyone else got an opinion on this?

Whatever you do, DO NOT take the second class bus. You may save 20 or 30 baht, but the trip will be 5 hours instead of two, and you will not be dropped at the usual bus station in pattaya. You will be dropped on the expressway with all your luggage, where you have to find a motorbike to take you to your hotel, thus negating the few baht you may have saved. What a nightmare, which I will never repeat.

I have travelled to Pattaya from Ekamai several times, I did not know about 1st class or second class, and it was always what the OP said. I must make sure next time to ask for 1st class bus.

How about the Airport Bus from Jomtien direct to Swampy then the BTS to where ever in BKK.Direct bus 121 baht.

I have travelled to Pattaya from Ekamai several times, I did not know about 1st class or second class, and it was always what the OP said. I must make sure next time to ask for 1st class bus.