The march of the Condos in the Darkside.

wineman

Yep...SSCC and Kao Talo are starting to get them. Should do wonders for the already growing traffic congestion. Kinda wonder who would want these 25 sqm studios...oh yeah, those Bangkok Thais looking for weekend getaway homes.

Many a Darkside surbubanite needs a discreet little bachelor pad tucked away nearby.

Here we go again, a real estate thread on TV never goes ''well'' because of all the posters sitting at home in their house on the name of their wives and complain how people cant or dont want to live in small spaces. Wake up people, perhaps some people would like to live in a condo at the Darkside which they can actually can own on their own name without the B*.

Personally I like to live in a bigger house with my dogs but I can understand why people choose to live in a condo, the ones from CC on Khao Noi and SSCC are both on a good location and offers a great deal for little money. There are loads of shabby rooms for rent at the Darkside in the 5-8k range so this can be a improvement.

IMO its a good development that condos are being build at the Darkside. Aslong its not gonna be the same as in Jomtien but I dont think there is that kind of land available on the Darkside, CC got the best 2 spots of the Darkside already. The ones on KhaoTalo cant be a called condo complex as its quite small though. Maybe more traffic yes but thats gonna happen anyways. It will not be more quiet at the Darkside but just will only get more busy.

BTW I am not a real-estate agent :-)

• Like 1

Here we go again, a real estate thread on TV never goes ''well'' because of all the posters sitting at home in their house on the name of their wives and complain how people cant or dont want to live in small spaces. Wake up people, perhaps some people would like to live in a condo at the Darkside which they can actually can own on their own name without the B*.

Personally I like to live in a bigger house with my dogs but I can understand why people choose to live in a condo, the ones from CC on Khao Noi and SSCC are both on a good location and offers a great deal for little money. There are loads of shabby rooms for rent at the Darkside in the 5-8k range so this can be a improvement.

IMO its a good development that condos are being build at the Darkside. Aslong its not gonna be the same as in Jomtien but I dont think there is that kind of land available on the Darkside, CC got the best 2 spots of the Darkside already. The ones on KhaoTalo cant be a called condo complex as its quite small though. Maybe more traffic yes but thats gonna happen anyways. It will not be more quiet at the Darkside but just will only get more busy.

And of course after whole 122 posts you are the expert because???????
  • Like 2

Because I only made 122 posts on this forum it means I cant say anything, further more I am not a expert, just giving my opinion about this post. As I am always interested in real-estate as a ''hobby'' in Thailand i felt a urge to comment similar like your urge to reply :-)

Its a open discussion right, I was a bit prejudiced in my post but most of the time its always quite negative about real-estate in Thailand. In Jomtien and Pratumnak they are building indeed too much but the number 1 rule in Real Estate is location location location and there wasnt any condocomplex at the Darkside yet so a good development IMO.

I expect there are actually people who have lived in Thailand for quite awhile and have a fair amount of knowledge about this or that, but have even fewer than 122 posts on Thai Visa. In fact I sometimes wonder if the truly well-informed don't steer clear of Thai Visa altogether.

• Like 1

When i was a teenager it was fine to live in a bedsit ,as i got older ,well you have no room to move and for anything you own and as most are about 1 million baht ,work it out even renting at 6000 a month it would take nearly 14 years to pay for it ,if you baught for cash ,which means you are stuck there all that time and can you imagine what the state the block is going to be in if people do not pay their maintanence? which i am sure very many will not .

No sorry, I am not poor enough to sell any of my properties :-)

Great reply from you again Thailandbeachisland, but probably you wont live at the Darkside otherwise you wouldnt have called it a shithole :-)

I am not even going into the fact that Pratumnak and Jomtien is being ''overbuild'' at the moment, at the Darkside thats not the question and the prices are more reasonable. I dont know you so I wont be assuming things but please hold on your Pattaya property as your are not poor enough to sell, thats always a good reason of course.....

What I do not understand is why buying at the shithole darkside when same places are available for the same price closer to the beach ?

Every Sunday I drive over to the darkside for Sunday lunch and passing the Mountain condo (and a couple of others under construction) I ask myself the same question you do. I just dont understand the attraction of having a condo on the darkside, unless perhaps it was a high-rise on the lakeshore. Jomtien seems much nicer all round for similar prices.

I am not even going into the fact that Pratumnak and Jomtien is being ''overbuild'' at the moment, at the Darkside thats not the question and the prices are more reasonable.

Pratumnak is indeed a complete mess but actually Jomtien has vast tracts of totally undeveloped land, even right on the beach. The darkside condos seem to be built right on the busiest roads and in the most crowded areas. They dont seem attractive at all and the prices there dont appear to be much lower than in Jomtien.

Why do you think the darkside is a shit hole, and the lovely clean beach, is not a shithole? People have different requirements, and for some, its not living on the lovely clean Pattaya beach.

Also, I wonder why this constant bickering about which is best, condo or single house. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Which is better, a Ford or Chevy?

• Like 1

Yep...SSCC and Kao Talo are starting to get them. Should do wonders for the already growing traffic congestion. Kinda wonder who would want these 25 sqm studios...oh yeah, those Bangkok Thais looking for weekend getaway homes.

Many a Darkside surbubanite needs a discreet little bachelor pad tucked away nearby.

Not really a "batchelor" pad then :) I guess Thais need places to stash their giks as well. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

What I do not understand is why buying at the shithole darkside when same places are available for the same price closer to the beach ?

I think you meant "... why buying at the shithole darkside when same places are available for the same price closer to the shithole beach ?"

I always thought that Kaotalo, Boonsampan and Nernplabwan was pretty much 'the ghetto' and not really anywhere near the real Dark side (although it was once upon a time).

Edited by NanLaew

// because of all the posters // complain how people cant or dont want to live in small spaces.

Personally I like to live in a bigger house //

"Small space", "Bigger house",... I will never understand that.

Many condos are bigger than many of the small houses we find in Pattaya.

• Like 1

I always thought that Kaotalo, Boonsampan and Nernplabwan was pretty much 'the ghetto' and not really anywhere near the real Dark side (although it was once upon a time).

Isn't the darkside anywhere that isn't on the beach side of Sukumvit? I always thought of if that way, especially back when that whole area was indeed just dirt tracks and no lights.

Cant say I fancy "ghetto" at all.

Why do you think the darkside is a shit hole, and the lovely clean beach, is not a shithole? People have different requirements, and for some, its not living on the lovely clean Pattaya beach.

Also, I wonder why this constant bickering about which is best, condo or single house. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Which is better, a Ford or Chevy?

Surprised that no-one from BKK has leapt in to tell us that its ALL a 'shithole'. I can only assume the view from their own penthouses isnt quite as tranquil as they were hoping for.

0891E7D7-84AD-4932-B140-D6AE08181FB5_w64

• Like 1