Road Safety

evadgib

Having read this link & then finding myself @ midnight shadowing a huge cement mixer with no rearward lights whatsoever between Lamai & Chaweng rendering it completely invisible it occurred to me that the authorities would improve road safety significantly if they implemented compulsory checks of documents & serviceability-light checks to be videoed in case of accident- on all incoming ferry traffic as a pre requisite for boarding the boat.

http://www.samuitimes.com/minister-tourism-sports-reassure-russian-ambassador-samui-safe-island-russian-tourists/

^^

Very well put Rob!

Yes well put and nothing will change.

I do think it would be possible though to provide some kind of flashing warning light at night to warn drivers/riders of a open drain as opposed to something the equivalent of a toothpick.

Also, why are government vehicles, such as garbage trucks driving around without lights? Is it too much to ask for them to set some type of an example?

Now wait for some fresh face on the island who just luuuuves the danger to post that if you don't like it why don't you leavebiggrin.png

• Like 1

^^

Very well put Rob!

I do think it would be possible though to provide some kind of flashing warning light at night to warn drivers/riders of a open drain as opposed to something the equivalent of a toothpick.

Also, why are government vehicles, such as garbage trucks driving around without lights? Is it too much to ask for them to set some type of an example?

Now wait for some fresh face on the island who just luuuuves the danger to post that if you don't like it why don't you leavexbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.zYprVTCWT1.web alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Carmine, Rob already acknowledges that most likely nothing will change, that's part of why the post is so well put together.

^^

Very well put Rob!

Now wait for some fresh face on the island who just luuuuves the danger to post that if you don't like it why don't you leavexbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.zYprVTCWT1.web alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Carmine, Rob already acknowledges that most likely nothing will change, that's part of why the post is so well put together.

Sorry, is there point to your post or are you giving me a ticking off for having the temerity to post a thought of my own?

• Like 1

yes,and what exactly do the police do all day?you never see them out patrolling except when some dignatory arrives on the island.

You must pay them, then they will come and patrol your house.

Costs 1000 baht / month.

...and even then you only see them on pay day smile.png

Actually I see them almost every day at my place.

• Like 2

^^

Very well put Rob!

Sorry, is there point to your post or are you giving me a ticking off for having the temerity to post a thought of my own?

Touchy?

• Like 1

No Limbos, just confused. Why..well because you are no a moderator, not the OP and not my dad so what right do you have exactly to stick your beak in and question whether other members should be posting their opinions?

The answer of course is none at all so mind you;re own business.

• Like 1

yes,and what exactly do the police do all day?you never see them out patrolling except when some dignatory arrives on the island.

You must pay them, then they will come and patrol your house.

Costs 1000 baht / month.

...and even then you only see them on pay day smile.png

Actually I see them almost every day at my place.

My place daily too. They sign the book, chat to the security guard and say hello when they see me - very polite thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

^ Same here, sometimes twice a day. If I ever have a problem, 1 phone call and they are here within 15/20 minutes.

Yes, you guys are right, they actually do come, but I am never there....only on 'payday' they come in for a non-alcoholic drink while the wife prepares the envelope....and yes, they are nice.

No Limbos, just confused. Why..well because you are no a moderator, not the OP and not my dad so what right do you have exactly to stick your beak in and question whether other members should be posting their opinions?

The answer of course is none at all so mind you;re own business.

Actually, funny that you mention it, but I am minding my own business on a public board.

Having a pms moment?

Having read this link & then finding myself @ midnight shadowing a huge cement mixer with no rearward lights whatsoever between Lamai & Chaweng rendering it completely invisible it occurred to me that the authorities would improve road safety significantly if they implemented compulsory checks of documents & serviceability-light checks to be videoed in case of accident- on all incoming ferry traffic as a pre requisite for boarding the boat.

http://www.samuitimes.com/minister-tourism-sports-reassure-russian-ambassador-samui-safe-island-russian-tourists/

Yarp there is a long to do list then organisation with that

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

the increasing amount of cars on Samui is astonishing and somehow worrying, traffic jams getting regular and we getting used to that. There a cars, cars and cars, even in the smallest Sois and shortcuts. No more 30 minutes Chaweng to Nathon. A clear sign of the times is the huge amount of parked cars on streets without parked cars not so long ago.....it's crazy.