Thaskin must stop education in Issan

tezzainoz

When I first met my Thai wife who comes form Issan..... Kalasin

She was doing what her family told her to do and not to think for herself

By the 2006 election she was sitting on the fence

This year she is out there with all her friends protesting about the Government

Thaskin I think made a big mistake when he pushed Issan youth to become educated, as they now can think and see the truth

I have talked to all my thai wifes girlfriends who are Uni educated, and they are all the same

Against Thaskin and protesting

Has any other married expats seeing the same thing?

and to be fair, are girls in Issan with no advanced education still following the Family rules to think and do what they are told ?

• Like 1

Thaskin - The Man, the Myth, the Legend right? Issan youth to become educated - haha you kidding, they can't think for themself because they don't have any higher education..

And they will do as they are told and thats the way it will be and the way it will stay. Now get back to the rice paddy.crazy.gif

• Like 1

With more education she will learn protests are effecting tourism,and local business and the economy.

Hard to run a street stall for a struggling thai when the streets blocked day after day.

What if anything is being achieved,both sides are paying protesters,both are corrupt,under both governments what was different for the average person.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

With more education she will learn protests are effecting tourism,and local business and the economy.

Hard to run a street stall for a struggling thai when the streets blocked day after day.

What if anything is being achieved,both sides are paying protesters,both are corrupt,under both governments what was different for the average person.

Or ... With more education she will realise that change is painful but has to happen. That local businesses can adapt or seek assistance from those that damaged them, and that the economy is tanking and needs help

Street vendors can switch products and capitalize on having a captive audience day after day.

Your claim of both sides paying protesters needs validation. I don't even think the reds are currently paying or there would be more at the stadium. Maybe they arranged funds for this weekend. We will see.

Thaskin - The Man, the Myth, the Legend right? Issan youth to become educated - haha you kidding, they can't think for themself because they don't have any higher education..

Thanks for your phd input.
  • Like 1

If you'd had anything to do with Thai tertiary education (apart from the very few top universities), you would realise that it does NOT teach people to think. What I think it does do is to mix people from different provinces and different backgrounds, and that is how they learn that the way that was drilled into them is not the only way to approach a subject.

Or ... With more education she will realise that change is painful but has to happen. That local businesses can adapt or seek assistance from those that damaged them, and that the economy is tanking and needs help

Street vendors can switch products and capitalize on having a captive audience day after day.

Your claim of both sides paying protesters needs validation. I don't even think the reds are currently paying or there would be more at the stadium. Maybe they arranged funds for this weekend. We will see.

That would be because they are working, cutting the rice paddies. Not everyone get's to simultaneously down their i phones at noon for an hour.

Wow up till now I thought it was the Thai's that where lacking in the brain department

I see with your answers you must be 1 night stands with Thai ladies

doubt after listening to you you would last more than that

all your talk made with out even knowing my wife's education standard

• Like 1

I think you mean Thaksin (Thaksin Shinawatra)

• Like 2

OP, the litmus test is in asking your wife and her friends, why they are against Thaksin and are protesting. Do you get a reasoned response with arguments on what he has done wrong and how other leaders are better, and how they can lead the country forward??

As a side not my MIL is in Bangkok protesting and told us they're winning. I asked, winning what??? No reply.....................pawns, or should that be prawns............. :-)

• Like 2

If you mean that the red schools must be put an end to I completely agree with you.

Be teaching young children one particular political point of view which, I have no doubt includes lies like Abhisit is a murderer is only instilling hate and ignorance of the truth.

Education is the key to growth and prosperity in any country, any society.

Unfortunately for all the money that goes in to education in this country the end product is woefully lacking in quality.

• Like 1

Quote from OP:

"Thaskin I think made a big mistake when he pushed Issan youth to become educated, as they now can think and see the truth".

Please share some details, especially the "...when he pushed Issan youth to become educated..." part.

Thanks.

What do you mean, no higher education?

I used to work n a very good university. In Khon Kaen alone, there are umpteen higher education institutions, including at least 5 universities.

Thaksin was responsible for terrible things in Kalasin around 2002 and many here still remember. Yes, many did whay they were told to do and didn't know or want to know the truth. Still they are doing what they are told to do apart from a rapidly increasing revolutionists.

You dont need an academic education or higher academic qualification to be intelligent or have a grasp of the realities that are going on in Thailand at this time!

I know many so called (their own self view) intellectuals and academics who think like some of the morons on this thread who seem to have delusions of grandeur in supposing that because a person may work at a manual job or they have had little or no formal education they must then be stupid or ignorant!

Those who advocate and further this nonsense are themselves the ones who are stupid, ignorant and very very arrogant

Love your work mate...

unfortunately that is a culture here in Thailand, both Thai and expats,,,! A culture of thinking and behavior is a very hard thing to change but with education it can be done, unfortunately this culture is not just familiar to Thailand, it extends to every country on this planet.

• Like 2

you still hangout with uneducated issan people? maybe that's why you feel offended of my superior post..

She might also learn the difference between "effect" and "affect."

you still hangout with uneducated issan people? maybe that's why you feel offended of my superior post..

"Uneducated issan people"

It's this elitist attitude that shows you up here in TV and shows you bigoted attitude is FAR FROM SUPERIOR..!

this is why Thailand has the problems they have, very common knowledge that southern Thai's look down with your same bigoted narcissistic attitude at the north east Thai people, and it's people with this attitude like yourself that keep Thailand in the dark ages.

Quote from OP:

"Thaskin I think made a big mistake when he pushed Issan youth to become educated, as they now can think and see the truth".

Please share some details, especially the "...when he pushed Issan youth to become educated..." part.

Thanks.

No response.