Thailand's state unions to retaliate if force is used against demonstrators

webfact

Pictures of demonstrators actually cutting power lines to the Police HQ, and of a policeman injured during the process, can be found on Richard Barrow's twitter page.

https://twitter.com/richardbarrow

The Police General Hospital has also lost power. Only to the forensics facility. Confirmed by Reuters and Hospital Director.

Edited by JohnP1752

So much for peaceful protesters, a report on news last night there are some people spraying graffiti on police care and even stealing police cars,

assault's on police officers, and they are say you can't use force... also others invading government offices and video them selves and their behavior in government office and upload it on utube, WOW,,, and they are supposed to be the intelligent people of Thailand, NOT...!blink.png

Got a source for that one? I'll assume no as you would have posted it, right...

The only "vandalism" I've seen is pics of protesters letting down the tyres of provincial police vehicles on Tuesday night (I think it was).

No reports of theft of police vehicles or vandalism to said vehicles...

But nothing wrong with whipping the TV crowd into a bit of a frenzy though, right?

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Seems as if the Thai Airways union movement may well be going to act as there have been a large number of days leave granted to workers of Thai Airways. One can but presume that other state enterprises may well follow the lead.

Whether the Thaksin puppet government like it or not or even understand or want to understand the public's sentiment this Thaksin puppet government is about as popular as a pork butchers in Mecca.

• Like 2

How does cutting the power to the RTP headquarters and hospital help these thugs get what they want, oh thats right, Suthep wants to die on the streets.

Just to clarify that the power to the hospital was not cut - one cable to the forensic lab was cut, and they are running on generators now. Not the main hospital - I don't blame John for this mistake, it was reported badly/incorrectly.

• Like 1

So much for peaceful protesters, a report on news last night there are some people spraying graffiti on police care and even stealing police cars,

assault's on police officers, and they are say you can't use force... also others invading government offices and video them selves and their behavior in government office and upload it on utube, WOW,,, and they are supposed to be the intelligent people of Thailand, NOT...!blink.png

get back to us when you can't see the city for smoke from the burning shopping centres and tires.

No'p haven't seen that yet, and think it won't as there is a big birthday coming up so hope it will shut down for a few days,

but it dose show up the "peaceful protesters" for what they truly are, or would prefer just some bad apples, others trying to discredit the protesters, or they are just being paid by some other group, dose that sit better for you?

Pictures of demonstrators actually cutting power lines to the Police HQ, and of a policeman injured during the process, can be found on Richard Barrow's twitter page.

The Police General Hospital has also lost power. Confirmed by Hospital Director.

Incorrect - see Post #35 - Hospital have categorically stated that there was no power cut, but they have generators just in case. It was poorly reported.

The Police General Hospital has also lost power. Confirmed by Hospital Director.

Incorrect - see Post #35 - Hospital have categorically stated that there was no power cut, but they have generators just in case. It was poorly reported.

Yes, that is correct, just the forensics lab.

get back to us when you can't see the city for smoke from the burning shopping centres and tires.

No'p haven't seen that yet, and think it won't as there is a big birthday coming up so hope it will shut down for a few days,

but it dose show up the "peaceful protesters" for what they truly are, or would prefer just some bad apples, others trying to discredit the protesters, or they are just being paid by some other group, dose that sit better for you?

Found those pictures yet? I looked around and have nothing ..... maybe you are having some of those anxiety attacks that the Dr's are warning about.

BTW ... graffiti and even unreported car theft .... not violent. The Plaa Raa at the market in the village is far more violent than even what happened to NN, the reporter!

Could Suthep's strategy be to provoke the police to retaliate against the protestors so the military could save the day with a coup as in the past?

That is one of a minimum of 4 possible outcomes.
Just so I don't have to bother doing any thinking, could you post the other 3 possible outcomes? Thanks.

Could Suthep's strategy be to provoke the police to retaliate against the protestors so the military could save the day with a coup as in the past?

Just so I don't have to bother doing any thinking, could you post the other 3 possible outcomes? Thanks.

Snap elections

a coup w/o the intervention of the police

an announcement from on high that a time for squabbling to end has come and a unity government.

not to mention any of the minor variations

Snap elections

an announcement from on high that a time for squabbling to end has come and a unity government.

All of your outcomes involve the current government giving up power. Is that a mistake?

What about 'Demos weaken in strength, police prevent further encroachment on ministries (like they did a couple of months ago at a yellow demo), government continues in power until next elections'?

Snap elections

All of your outcomes involve the current government giving up power. Is that a mistake?

What about 'Demos weaken in strength, police prevent further encroachment on ministries (like they did a couple of months ago at a yellow demo), government continues in power until next elections'?

Not a likely option at all, but it could happen. The flaw there is that it is not only the Dems that are out there.

I won't be willing to even make a friendly wager with a friend until I see which way Newin jumps. Currently my odds are on a snap election announced very soon. I predict a significant shift in the balance of power in parliament, no Shinawatra in the PM slot, and whoever survives having a weak coalition government. (Which while building the checks and balances is the only real option for democracy here at this time)

Snap elections

Not a likely option at all, but it could happen. The flaw there is that it is not only the Dems that are out there.

I won't be willing to even make a friendly wager with a friend until I see which way Newin jumps. Currently my odds are on a snap election announced very soon. I predict a significant shift in the balance of power in parliament, no Shinawatra in the PM slot, and whoever survives having a weak coalition government. (Which while building the checks and balances is the only real option for democracy here at this time)

So it'll be back to the good old days of weak coalitions rendering themselves ineffective through infighting. Ah, I remember them well. Hardly progress, but possible I guess. By the way, in my previous post I said 'Demos' (as in 'demonstrations', not 'Dems').

How does cutting the power to the RTP headquarters and hospital help these thugs get what they want, oh thats right, Suthep wants to die on the streets.

Just to clarify that the power to the hospital was not cut - one cable to the forensic lab was cut, and they are running on generators now. Not the main hospital - I don't blame John for this mistake, it was reported badly/incorrectly.

And your comments on what happened at a certain hospital when red shirt demonstrators, having been fired on from the hospital went to investigate ???

Hypocrisy is alive and well here.

And your comments on what happened at a certain hospital when red shirt demonstrators, having been fired on from the hospital went to investigate ???

Hypocrisy is alive and well here.

My comment? I don't believe I made any at the time. Although if I had, there would be a stark difference between Red Shirts storming a hospital and current demonstrators not cutting a power cable to the police hospital, now wouldn't there.

//Typo: Missed an 's'

Edited by wolf5370

Snap elections

So it'll be back to the good old days of weak coalitions rendering themselves ineffective through infighting. Ah, I remember them well. Hardly progress, but possible I guess. By the way, in my previous post I said 'Demos' (as in 'demonstrations', not 'Dems').

Unfortunately, very likely so.

Snap elections

Unfortunately a strong govt this time has only led to corruption, an incompetent rice scheme that has taken away Thailand's position as world leader, attempts to push through legislation without debate, intimidation of the judiciary and an amnesty bill that no one but PT wanted. Sometimes weakness is of benefit to the country.