Jomtien Soi 5

prk888

just completed my 4th visit this year to Immigration Office for 90 day reporting. Each visit on different days and at different times saw me processed in under 5 minutes. Efficient and courteous. Thanks to that Office and the officers.

• Like 2

I did my mothers yearly visa extension a few weeks ago. Went in around 10:30 and was out well before 11. Came back at 2PM to pick up the new visa.

For 90 day reports, I've found afternoons midweek are the best. 5 minutes in and out.

Glad it worked out for you also!

I extended my tourist visa (based on marriage) this Tuesday in the morning.

Got the form a the counter and went to the small copy shop next door. The girls in there knew exactly what to copy of the stack of papers I gave them while I filled in the form.

Went in again, got a number, waited 5 min until my no was up. The officer asked me if the 60 days extension I applied for was sufficient as he was willing to give me a year.

I told him that I will go overseas working within the 60 days so thanks but no thanks.

Yes good service for sure and surprisingly not many people that day, sometimes it's very crowded.

Tip: Dress nicely (No flip flops and Singa beer armless T-shirt) and don't look like you just woke up after a night out parting and always be polite. If you show respect towards them they will be more positive towards you too.

• Like 1

With the three new desks at the left for 90 day reporting, I took a ticket, sat down and my number was called before my back hit the seat. 2 minutes. But the round trip there and back took close to an hour from Mabprachan ......not their fault though .... smile.png

I fully agree with the OP's comments. In all the years I've needed to visit Jomtien Immigrations, they have been quite efficient and courteous,

whether for the 90-day report or visa renewal.

Residents and tourists in Pattaya and Jomtien are fortunate!

Yet, I often hear friends having complaints of slowness and problems with the immigration services in BKK and some other provinces.

Edited by LukDod
  • Like 1

I fully agree with the OP's comments. In all the years I've needed to visit Jomtien Immigrations, they have been quite efficient and courteous,

whether for the 90-day report or visa renewal.

Residents and tourists in Pattaya and Jomtien are fortunate!

Yet, I often hear friends having complaints of slowness and problems with the immigration services in BKK and some other provinces.

I think time of year is a factor also. I did my visa extension last year in March. It was incredibly busy and was actually turned away when I tried to get my multi-entry permit as I wasn't traveling within the next week.

I've only ever used the Jomtien office so have no personal comparisons other than those critiquing other offices here on TV.

Jomtien has been no problems - 90 day reporting, proof of address, re-entry permits, retirement extensions. All done in next to no time and no problems. In fact it was on the advice of one officer there that I figured out how to get 2 years out of my first retirement visa by re-entering just before the first year was up.

However, I do hear many complaints from blokes sitting on their barstools. In most cases they appear deficient in organisational skills and would have difficulty getting their flip-flops on the right foot, or not getting their wifebeater on back to front before going to Immigration, so no surprise they encounter difficulties. "They wanted a copy of this, and a copy of that, and I didn't have a photo, and I had to borrow a pen, and I'd lost my departure card, and the passport got washed, and yackity yackity."

I'm not very sympathetic towards those that cannot organise themselves, so I see no reason for the Immigration staff to be any more sympathetic. whistling.gif

• Like 2

I concur. It's become a pleasant experience. Same in Jamchuree in Bkk. Last year and this year when I went to renew my work permit, the staff were pleasant and efficient and very helpful when there was a small problem. In fact it's so nice I think they should have 30-day reporting.