Where to go for my next visa?

Hello,

I am confused as to whether I should go to Penang for my next visa, or elsewhere.

I previously had 3 (60days + 30 days single entry) tourist visas in a row, all issued in Penang. The last one was converted to a 3 month Non-B visa in Bangkok, but now that is about to expire, so I need yet another tourist visa.

If I was to apply for this in Penang, do you think it would be approved or not? If not, would another embassy approve it? And is there a Thai Embassy/Consulate where I could do this in Burma?

Thank you smile.png

Edited by fin5prtw

Can't say forsure you would get another visa in Penang. A agent there could probably give a firm answer.

The embassy in Yangon Burma does 2 entry visas but you have to get a visa in advance and the only good option to get there is by air.

Vientiane Laos does 2 entry visas.

Great, thank you for the information. Would love to go to Burma so would be a good excuse for a trip there, but too much of a hassle in too shorter time.

All I worry about is that I've been reading a couple of posts about a lot of people getting refused/the red stamp in Laos.... Of course no one can be sure but considering the amount of tourist visas in my passport (although I am now on a new passport which doesn't show them but I guess they are in the system somewhere), do you think it is still likely I will get the double entry?

Thanks so much again

Alternatively, what are my chances like in Kuala Lumpur? (I'm based in Krabi province so Laos is a bit of a trek, just weighing up my options!) ... or I heard you can get visas in Kota Bahru (Malaysia)?

Edited by fin5prtw

Hi, I am in Kuala Lumpor right now and about to go and get a new tourist visa tomorrow. With regards to your earlier comment, my old passport had 4 Tourist Visa stamps from Penang. I have now got a new passport issued in the UK and i'm on my 2nd Tourist Visa... so i don't think it is all kept in their system as it's different Passport number, etc...