People and their Motorbikes in Thailand(images)

Dancealot

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What size do you guys do the the attachment, I seems to get it wrong, above is just under 400kb and it is still too big, will 300kb be fine??

It's not the size of the photo as judged by the memory used (400kb vs 300 kb) ... but the dimensions of the photo.

This photo is 640 x 480 ... fits nicely on the screen.

P2090227LR_zpsa7dbd304.jpg

P2090228LR_zpsd6008dee.jpg

These images are stored off-site with photobucket.

If you upload a photo like you have, it will appear as a thumbnail and, when clicked exand to it's pre-determined size.

post-104736-0-82462600-1408408323_thumb. post-104736-0-19980600-1408408320_thumb.

^^ Just to add, both samuijimmy and Dancealot's photos are of a format larger then the screen, so when they post my screen is distorted.

I use Firefox as my web browser and it doesn't auto resize photos, so, while it might look like that it fits perfectly on their screen, it distorts mine.

You can go a little larger then the 640 x 480 above ...

The one immediately below is 800 x 600 and still fits comfortable on my screen

DSCF6552800x600_zps31e6f0d7.jpg

And this one is 1024 x 768 and has already disappeared off of the right of screen.

DSCF65521024x768_zps82d44f75.jpg

Edited by David48

^^ Just to add, both samuijimmy and Dancealot's photos are of a format larger then the screen, so when they post my screen is distorted.

I use Firefox as my web browser and it doesn't auto resize photos, so, while it might look like that it fits perfectly on their screen, it distorts mine.

You can go a little larger then the 640 x 480 above ...

The one immediately below is 800 x 600 and still fits comfortable on my screen

And this one is 1024 x 768 and has already disappeared off of the right of screen.

Interesting David, you having that problem @1024 x size.... makes me wonder if there is not a setting in Firefox or on your computer to solve your problem???

I too use FF on my 11" Mac Air and pics are fine... as they are in 24" screen or on my 42" television with Mac Mini, which I sometimes use... but clarity is a bit off on TV.. .

I think you mentioned this before? ..... , but not one else seems to have an issue, at least not read anyone else mentioning, ....

Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to resize Picasa uploaded images... it is very tedious as has to be done one by one!! ! tongue.pngfacepalm.gif

^^ Yep, have mentioned it before.

Nope, no settings to automatically resize the image.

I'm not here to tell anyone what to do.

I just inform people how their images look.

Interested in reading more ... here it is from the Moderator ... posting-images-guidelines

Currently it reads as the final sentence ... "Please keep all image sizes, attached or remote images, to no more than 1024 pixels wide. 800 wide is pretty optimum for the vast majority of browsers/monitors."

But even that size distorts the screen.

I could capture 'Print Screens' to demonstrate the distortion ... but why bother.

I'm not here to tell anyone what to do.

Usually, I just ignore the image and move to the next one.

I don't know what else to say, David.... probably should be a topic heading rather discussing here... see what others have to say! Perhaps you could start a new topic! wink.png

Jimmy, you are correct, not worth discussing her as the Moderator has addressed the issue already.

BTW ... I didn't bold and make the font red as an emphasis in my comment above ... that comes straight from the Mod (Admin) Tywais instructions on how to post images on the Forum.

Nice photo BTW ... I have a great affection for those style bikes as they are the workhorse at the Farm.