ZX14-R Ohlins edition

Ninja4me

Finally it's official.... The 2014 ZX-14R will be a ohlins edition.

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/motorcycle_02_ninjazx-14.asp

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/motorcycle.asp

That's what it looked like on october 6th when the 2014 was presented the first time, but now it seems that it is a fact.

The strange thing is that it seems that they are keeping the 768.000 THB pricetag on the new model - unless that's a typo....

Cant wait til they can deliver the bike I ordered a little over one month ago....

Edited by Ninja4me
  • Like 2

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price at the show for the 2014 14R was just set at 895K- 5k more than I paid (list was 920K but I got a break due to delivery issues), with a 45K shock- bastards.smile.png

Selling the 2014 for 768K would for sure piss of the guys who just bought a 2013 model. 895K makes more sence. And since I expected the price to rise above 920K I still find it a good deal.

How/where did you see the 895 pricetag ? was that on the Motoaholic facebookpage ?

Edited by Ninja4me

That's a really good deal if it remains 768K- my plans were always to buy a 14R and a literbike- I should have bought the literbike first.;)

With these HUGE! price swings its a real crap shoot. The cbr1000rr with a 250,000 reduction. Thats no different then losing almost 350,000 figuring a second hand one will be 100k under new retail....

My bike went from 590k to 660k to 560k honestly i dont even know the 2014 price...

• Like 2

That's a really good deal if it remains 768K- my plans were always to buy a 14R and a literbike- I should have bought the literbike first.;)

With these HUGE! price swings its a real crap shoot. The cbr1000rr with a 250,000 reduction. Thats no different then losing almost 350,000 figuring a second hand one will be 100k under new retail....

My bike went from 590k to 660k to 560k honestly i dont even know the 2014 price...

599K, I believe.

In both our cases, a new or improved model was scheduled to be released, which is really what impacted the price- they wanted to clear out stock on-hand. I called around, and as far as the 14R was concerned, there were probably less than ten that went for 768K as there were no orders taken, and shops only had one or two in stock as it was too expensive to have several sitting around- I don't think the resale price will get hit too badly as the price has gone back up- it's not like you can go out and get another for 768K once they're gone. It was more of a 'sale' than a price decrease. If the 2014 (which is the same bike with the addition of the shock and some color changes) had been significantly cheaper, it would have been a different story.

Edited by RubberSideDown

Also no matter what happens bikes are depreciating assets. Not investments

Guys who want to change bikes every year for the latest are the ones that really

feel the pinch. If instead your satisfied & plan to keep a bike for many years

of enjoyment the price swings do not effect you as much.

Edited by meechai

^

I agree with that, but I'm referencing the point Y99 made. I do like to change my bikes every couple of years, and it can get pricey- as far as the 14R goes, unless they significantly upgrade the engine, I'll be hanging on to mine for a while as I put so much effort into setting it up the way I wanted it- if I buy a literbike this week, I'll be keeping it mostly stock and won't feel too attached to it, and I'd probably keep it for a fairly short time before something else catches my eye, which is why the potential price drop is a concern.;)

^

I agree with that, but I'm referencing the point Y99 made. I do like to change my bikes every couple of years, and it can get pricey- as far as the 14R goes, unless they significantly upgrade the engine, I'll be hanging on to mine for a while as I put so much effort into setting it up the way I wanted it- if I buy a literbike this week, I'll be keeping it mostly stock and won't feel too attached to it, and I'd probably keep it for a fairly short time before something else catches my eye, which is why the potential price drop is a concern.wink.png

Agreed it can cost if one changes often. Sounds like Y99 is the buy & hold/enjoy type as he

was not even sure what prices are now. Which is good for enjoyment & value extracted.

On the other hand years ago I would fly to Vegas 3-5 times a year.

There I would lose & sometimes win the equivalent of a bike or two in just a few days.

So the entertainment value gotten from a nice bike is a much better return in that way smile.png

Edited by meechai

Also no matter what happens bikes are depreciating assets. Not investments

Guys who want to change bikes every year for the latest are the ones that really

feel the pinch. If instead your satisfied & plan to keep a bike for many years

of enjoyment the price swings do not effect you as much.

i like to change my sport bikes every year or two. reason is the developing technology on sport bikes every year.

but if i have a carburated kawa klr650, i keep it forever. - i had one before back home but sold it as i was leaving home and i am so sad about it still.

those price fluctuations we see for some time are just because of the Japanese -Thai trade agreement same as honda?

Does it mention a steering damper? I know they're a stable bike in the front end from personal experience, but just curious.

Does it mention a steering damper? I know they're a stable bike in the front end from personal experience, but just curious.

No stock steering damper on the 14R for '14 (or any year)- it's a very stable bike, but I added a Hyperpro to mine just in case.

post-176811-0-07103600-1385798143_thumb.

• Like 1

No stock steering damper on the 14R for '14 (or any year)- it's a very stable bike, but I added a Hyperpro to mine just in case.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif image.jpg

More the reason I asked is whether anything had changed in Kawasaki's policy towards ZX14's and no dampeners. :)

Enjoy it mate,but be please careful on the worlds fastest production bike.

Thanks mate if that comment was for me. It's definately not a first time bike for anybody. I don't take the risks and chances I did 30 years ago when I first started driving motorcycles. I believe that if you drive according to circumstances the ZX-14R can in many cases bee a safer bike than most since it is more visible (lights/size), the brakes are dimensioned for much more speed than you normally drive and it has the KTRC that will help you through slippery surfaces.

• Like 1

That's a really good deal if it remains 768K- my plans were always to buy a 14R and a literbike- I should have bought the literbike first.wink.png

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I would like to put one as well, but I already got the Genmar risers (1") so it will not fit. I also got the SW motech stem Mount for the GPS so the GPR is also not possible to use...

Edited by Ninja4me

• 2 weeks later...