Thai govt urgently selling rice to fill state coffers

webfact

For all the pessimists I point out that Thailand is still the largest Rice Exporter in the word by tonnage, including this year, and will most likely be so in 2014. I suspect that this government is good for Thailand even though unpopular with the minority.

This has to rank right at the top for troll post of the year award. Not only from indyyuk, but banned and present members of Thai Visa.

If you are in a condition that you believe what you have written, I would strongly urge you to get immediate help from a eye/ear clinic, get off the multitude of substances you are abusing, find a dark corner/hole and reflect on the wayward ways, that would have brought this condition to this state.

This is not all a troll post- in fact you are guilty of trolling for suggesting that Indyyuk is a troll. Good job the rice scheme is in place because it has given the government a revenue stream whilst the neo-Nazi Suthep's friends occupy the finance ministry and try to paralyse the government.

Some thing tells me you know nothing about business. You do not buy high and sell low. That is what one would call losing money.

If indyuk is not a troll he best get some professional help.wacko.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all the pessimists I point out that Thailand is still the largest Rice Exporter in the word by tonnage, including this year, and will most likely be so in 2014. I suspect that this government is good for Thailand even though unpopular with the minority.

This has to rank right at the top for troll post of the year award. Not only from indyyuk, but banned and present members of Thai Visa.

If you are in a condition that you believe what you have written, I would strongly urge you to get immediate help from a eye/ear clinic, get off the multitude of substances you are abusing, find a dark corner/hole and reflect on the wayward ways, that would have brought this condition to this state.

This is not all a troll post- in fact you are guilty of trolling for suggesting that Indyyuk is a troll. Good job the rice scheme is in place because it has given the government a revenue stream whilst the neo-Nazi Suthep's friends occupy the finance ministry and try to paralyse the government.

Remember when that unpronounceable volcano kicked off in Iceland a while back, it kicked massive amounts of unwanted stuff in to the atmosphere, it also stopped a heck of a lot of air flights for a while.

When the numbers were worked out, the volcano caused less damage.

Sound familiar?

I think you're trolling, as usual

http://oryza.com/news/rice-news/india-forecast-remain-world%E2%80%99s-largest-rice-exporter-2014

post-187611-0-60545300-1385745745_thumb.

Last week the Govt put up 82 billion of bonds for tender.

This was part of the 140 billion that the BAAC was supposed borrow to go towards the 270 billion it will need to pay for next years crop.

The Govt managed to sell 37 billion of the 82 billion on offer at several points above market rate.

That 37 billion should go to the BAAC which will then be able to (partly) pay farmers for this years crop.

Just how much the BAAC sees of that 37 billion is anyones guess for there are bound to be "Expenses" removed before anything gets to the bank.

Even if the BAAC is able to pay off all the farmers for this seasons crop it will still be in a position where it has to borrow for next seasons crop.

And that doesn't take into account off seasons crops from places where farmers are getting 2 and sometimes 3 crops a year.

Given that the Govt could sell less than half of the bond issue at a higher than market rate, then it would seem unlikely they can borrow more unless they pay way over market rate.

Considering that the BoT has just dropped interest rates that would make Govt bonds even less attractive.

Proceeds from the urgent sale should be going to the bank but as we see it is said to be going to 'State coffers"

Whoever takes over after PT is ousted is going to have an unenviable job of trying to sort it all out.

It gets worse Robby.........

"November 27, 2013 1:00 am: About Bt57.11 billion worth of Thai bonds have been dumped by foreign investors this month on concerns over likely reduction of the US quantitative easing programme, while the local political developments have not had any impact on bond investment, according to the Thai Bond Market Association."

What's the rush, I thought the 2 trillion "slush fund" had been approved by the red elite and senate. Everybody's pockets will be full to bursting so no need to fanny around making themselves look silly by trying to export spoiled overpriced grain, although reading about these invisible secret deals are always good for a chuckle.

Oh really! I think we are all getting very tired of negative comments. Why don't the doubtful crawl back under the slimy rock that they came out of.

Insulting the poster when replying - makes you look uneducated, biased and sensitive to comments that expose the people you support.

The 2.2 trillion loan bill is waiting comment from the courts. The 350 million water management loan is held pending all the public forums that the government seem to be losing. Strapped for cash - the farmers ain't been paid and the gravy must be drying up.

What would you consider positive - "Yingluck is really in charge, the majority of people voted PTP, Thaksin doesn't run the government, there have not been any illegal acts by the current government, PTP's occasional breach of parliamentary rules are not aimed at depriving the opposition of a chance to speak and vote - just honest mistakes". Sadly all white lies, but ethical if it makes people feel good. thumbsup.gif

If you're fed up with comments you perceive as negative, then why read them? Or is that question to intelligent ?

Interesting how often supporters of the current regime post a comment which is completely contrary to the facts. Facts that are easily researched. And, when caught, just like the current regime, still refuse to admit it.

So much has been written about Thailand's loss of the number 1 rice exporter - how could anyone miss it ???

Revenue stream - how can the farmers be paid when the rice is being sold off at vast losses or bartered?