Places to take a couple of 5 year olds

2008bangkok

looking for free or inexpensive places to take a couple of young kids, i went to pattaya sheep farm the other day that was good so plaxe like that, also as a side not are there still jellyfish round the beach, went to jontiem beach about 4-6 weeks ago and there was a few on the beach near to playing kids i wouldnt want mine touch or swimming near those.

Thanks

looking for free or inexpensive places to take a couple of young kids, i went to pattaya sheep farm the other day that was good so plaxe like that, also as a side not are there still jellyfish round the beach, went to jontiem beach about 4-6 weeks ago and there was a few on the beach near to playing kids i wouldnt want mine touch or swimming near those.

Thanks

This topic has been covered many times, and as recently as a few months ago. So just search for forum for a wealth of ideas.

• Like 1

At 5 almost everywhere can be interesting if it is not for too long. They also need a chance to run around a bit too when they go out. Bangkok and Pattaya has changed too much since I had a 5 year old there but I am sure there are even more things to do.

Of course you could always book a trip in bussiness class somewhere with them just to see the attitudes of many people. smile.png

My suggestion is just get out and play it by ear. I can remember at that age my daughter would like me every time we walked past a rice field to tell her the story of rice. And a walk along the river could give lots to see too. Just keep every activity to less than 1 hour total.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Thanks

This topic has been covered many times, and as recently as a few months ago. So just search for forum for a wealth of ideas.

Lighten up dude, if you can explicit find me a thread on someone asking where to take 2 5 yr olds round Pattaya ill phone me boss and work the weekend for free

• Like 2

Thanks

Lighten up dude, if you can explicit find me a thread on someone asking where to take 2 5 yr olds round Pattaya ill phone me boss and work the weekend for free

I found at least one, but what do i benefit from it that you're working for you boss for free ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/620543-exerciseattractions-with-small-child/?p=6138860&hl=%2Bwhere+%2Bto+%2Btake+%2Bkids

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/567584-pattaya-hotel-for-kids-reco-wanted/?p=5464178&hl=%2Bwhere+%2Bto+%2Btake+%2Bchildren

• Like 2

I'll suggest these realitively low cost options -

I'd recommend Art in Paradise. I wrote about it some time ago, read about it here along with info from others

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/570592-pattayas-new-3d-art-museum/#entry5495490

Fun Ball Battle in Central Mall on 4th floor is great for kids for an hour or two at a time. Go from about lunch time onwards so there are more kids there which makes for more fun / chaos. Also Central have a reasonable food court on the ground floor. Fun Ball Battle will give a paper wrist band for your kids which they can keep hold of and come back later on the same day (best you confirm with staff too). Maybe you go for the cinima, but the next showing of the movie is in a hour, take them to fun ball battle, then cinima, then have option to go back and play more, which they usually want to do providing not too late (meaning less kids to interact with as gone home). Or perhaps 3pm kids can play, whilst they play you can go to Se-Ed book shop and get a 50 Baht kids book (examples with English & Thai - The Ugly Duckling, Little Red Ridding Hood, etc) for later, or better to take the kids there first so they can choose, after an hour or so go to the food court, have a small rest / kids read book and then can go back to play again. Tires them out for bed time.

3D Cinima in Central Mall, Big C North (very near Art in Paradise), The Avenue Mall. Can check on the internet for what's showing. Note that all cinimas tend to have quite cool air conditioning, so best to take jackets or similar for everyone, I also take a blanket to cover my kids legs.

Beach to play on the sand. Maybe go to Toys-R-Us (also in Central Mall) and get a kite for 159 Baht each, if I remember the price correctly. They can then run up and down the beach flying their kite(s). Beach is realatively safe for kites as there are no power cables. Also a good time to educate kids on that matter, but not to scare them.

Take a trip into Bangkok for the day, Siam Ocean World in the basement of Siam Paragon is good. Also there is a food court one floor up from Ocean World, so have option to avoid the hi-so restaurant prices.

As always, if you are an expat here, take whichever form of Thai ID you have with you.

Also, if you come up with other options, please post about them. Hope the above helps.

Just remembered something else, today Nov. 30th, 2013 is the second day of fireworks show in the evening. 100 Baht each for beach deck chair, or further along the beach its 50 Baht per chair, which is just as fine to watch the fireworks. Alternatively you can take your own large mat and sit on the sand for free, but I'd definitely recommend getting deck chairs instead. If its only you taking them and both kids fall asleep, that could be awkward as Beach Road is closed off for traffic during the event.

Edited by seefah
  • Like 1

Maybe go to Toys-R-Us (also in Central Mall) and get a kite for 159 Baht each, if I remember the price correctly.

Boy, does a kid love Toys-R-Us. Great suggestion about the kite (seriously), but the buying process may well not stop there. It could get very expensive. wink.png

• Like 1

Do you not have any money?

Yet another 'i don't have kids so I dont understand the question' answer.

Of course i got money otherwise I wouldn't be able to spend the last 10 yrs in Thailand and raise a family.

Yeah, pretty much like those 'why do they allow children on airplanes' posts.

They're not from parents and don't have a clue.

Edited by LongTimeLurker
  • Like 1

Excellent free train and construction machinery clean and not dangerous and an aeroplane for children to climb all over in green suroundings at northern entrance to Siam Country Club Golf Course,

Here is a GE image it shows only one train, this one has engine and coaches in clean condition. All the other stuff, is not shown as too recent

The GPS co-ords are N 12° 55.170 E 100° 59.267
post-193362-0-06131300-1385857720_thumb.

You can also take the real train weekdays about 5 baht. Be careful as to where you go as returning may be a problem. WE went to Chonburi Station and hoped to get a bus back..it is nowhere near a bus route, I had to wave Baht1000 notes under the noses of truckers at the nearby gas station to get back.

PM me for a lot of specifics, for planning a feasible train trip as I doubt if they are of much interest here,

Edited by drx13
  • Like 1

Of course i got money otherwise I wouldn't be able to spend the last 10 yrs in Thailand and raise a family.

Erh, I DO have kids.

So who's the clueless one now??

Erh, I DO have kids.

So who's the clueless one now??

So if you got kids why did you write do you have money? Because you would know that taking a family of 4 to a place which cost a grand each to get in is gonna cost u the best part of 7- 8 k after extras, dinner and ice cream so if you can find somewhere cheap to get in ur straight away winning.

I can aassure you I have had kids....at least I had one but she generally had a friend or two tagging on.

I never had the need to spend thousands to keep her amused as a 5 year old. What does make her happy is you and what is around that she can share with you.

Yes my daughter at that age grew up with me in Thailand thought we did move when she was a little older.

• 1 month later...

Hello Viewers!

Well i have to admit i took a trip to the " Pattaya Sheep Farm " a few weeks ago! ( i am not a child..) In fact i am a 50 year old farang! and i was probably one of the youngest people in there! It was all adults! Great value at 50 baht entrance fee and well worth a visit!

The Pattaya Sheep farm is " cool " ..... 555

post-193254-0-63206400-1389927200_thumb.

+ 1 for Pattaya sheep farm 50 baht entrance for adults kids under a certain height get in free no double pricing clap2.gif

bit of a pain to get to if you don't have your own transport as it's out by the Regents International School.

post-2109-0-58126300-1389940159_thumb.jp

Edited by johng

I took a couple kids to Silver lake and also to 'The Chinese museum" Silver lake is free and The Museum cost 50B for adults not sure on children's prices. At the Museum there is a large lake filled with fish you can sit there and feed the fish. To do this trip you will need your own transport. Another one is Nong Nooch Gardens Im not sue of the cost as I haven't been there for over 20 years.

Last month I was in Korat and took some kids to the Zoo. We all had a great day, cost was 70B but 500B for Farang, they will let you in on Thai price if you have a Thai drivers licence. I know its not in Pattaya but if your ever in Korat its well worth a visit.

Hope that helps and the kids enjoy.

Greta Farm and Wonder Farm. Both on the way to Wat Yan... Do a search here and you'll find details of both. Also the Crocodile Farm/Million Years Stone Park - not free but not expensive if you have a Thai Driving License. Sriracha Tiger Zoo - also not free but (I think) great value given all the activities/shows you get for your money.

You can take the kids to Wiggle Town next to BIG C on Sukhumvit Road indoor and outdoor play centre cost 150 baht for all day play air conditioned inside bikes slides sand pits basketball swings trampolines toys and more plus a cafe and free wifi

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app