Irrational emotional behaviour !

benalibina

I have a whole thai family to deal with and as u can imagine nobody openly supports me or acts on the best interest interest of the children. The silent support, face value, i need to thred gently with. But my wife controls the outcome of 5 lives, 6 maybe. This by silly childlish behaviour which is beyond any normal persons understanding.

It's entirely normal behaviour for the family of sex workers.

Stop giving them money. Wait 6 months ...... then

Offer the SIL a cash lump sum, paid once you have the kids and have left Thailand with them.

She will betray her sister for cash, they always do.

What a crappy situation. I feel for you because you want to do the right thing, despite all the shit you have to deal with. Must be very stressful.

But I have to agree with FiftyTwo.

You need to use the only leverage you have to fix this, and that's money.

You need to stay firm, weather the inevitable emotional shitstorm that will come, the blackmail and the threats...and then at some point, when the timing is perfect, make a move to fix this once and for all...and get your kids with a settlement offer.

...the only variable is that she finds a new income stream that delays or derails your plans...

I wish you the very best of luck.

• Like 2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, it was 30%.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1228144/Third-children-dad-divorce.html

http://www.dad.info/divorce-and-separation/making-it-work/separated-fathers-how-often-do-they-see-their-children

In most of the western world fathers have no rights.

"For 38 per cent of children, separation meant they never saw their father again.

Although 70 per cent of parents said their childrens welfare was the most important factor in a divorce, a quarter of children said they had been forced by one parent to lie to the other.

Some 15 per cent had been asked to spy on one of their parents."

I am very shocked by these numbers. And I do apologize, I do not want to derail the thread. Thank you anyway.

• Like 1

If there's anything that's irrational, it's this thread.

The OP has decided to give little detail other than some photo, which could be quite innocent based on what little we know. Abortion is almost certainly out of the question - if there ever was a pregnancy in the first place - due to the time frame of the supposed photo evidencing an advanced pregnancy.

If the ex-wife/wife/girlfriend was pregnant, who is the father? Was the OP here nine-months ago? Could the OP clarify? I doubt it, though, just more smoke and mirrors from the OP to come.

On the basis of such a loose and defensive half-story, I can only conclude a naïve and immature OP who appears to have abandoned his family other than send some money, which, again, is so vague we'll never really know.

I mentioned before that i dont spent any bth i dont want to spent. I stick to that.

U really dont trust me do u, with ur smokescreen ? I was here in March, so if my guesstimation of pregnancyduration is correct, there is a slim chance it could be me. In her behaviour towards me it rather seems unlikely though but TIT !

For ur point of abandonment. I keep quiet because its insulting. As there are children involved please for ur sake do not see everything through the eyes of the beholder. Thanks.

Now, Ben. Please allow me to ask you this:

What is your major concern? And I don`t want to insult you. What do you want? The missus?, Which seems somewhat unlikely at this point, or your kids?

In my language, we have a saying: Kvinder kommer og går, men familien består. It rhymes :) Meaning: Women may enter our lives, and they may exit, only thing that really matters is Family. In that respect I am with the thais.

The photo on which i saw the pregnancy, i wish i could put it on here but cant/wont. Surprisingly people who i show the photo to, thais, friends etc say that she looks/is pregnant. They dont know her so is somewhat difficult for them to opinionate about it. The FIL members claim to say initially that she is not pregnant but after some pushing just dont say, yes she is. It confuses me a little.

The irrational behaviour from my other halve, haha, i have never seen in all the years living together. The more difficult it is for me to understand it all. 1 thing i heard today about the fact that a niece, in the village, told me that 30.000 bth is just about enough for her to live on so i can imagine the costs of living for a family of 4. Funny girl. She mentioned as well that my wife was just fat. No way IMO.

I perceive myself as an honest and reasonable man and all this irrational behaviour combined with lies and family influences makes it sometimes very difficult to keep a clear head. No kids i would have walked away long time. But because of them i cant.

If there's anything that's irrational, it's this thread.

The OP has decided to give little detail other than some photo, which could be quite innocent based on what little we know. Abortion is almost certainly out of the question - if there ever was a pregnancy in the first place - due to the time frame of the supposed photo evidencing an advanced pregnancy.

If the ex-wife/wife/girlfriend was pregnant, who is the father? Was the OP here nine-months ago? Could the OP clarify? I doubt it, though, just more smoke and mirrors from the OP to come.

On the basis of such a loose and defensive half-story, I can only conclude a naïve and immature OP who appears to have abandoned his family other than send some money, which, again, is so vague we'll never really know.

I mentioned before that i dont spent any bth i dont want to spent. I stick to that.

U really dont trust me do u, with ur smokescreen ? I was here in March, so if my guesstimation of pregnancyduration is correct, there is a slim chance it could be me. In her behaviour towards me it rather seems unlikely though but TIT !

For ur point of abandonment. I keep quiet because its insulting. As there are children involved please for ur sake do not see everything through the eyes of the beholder. Thanks.

Now, Ben. Please allow me to ask you this:

What is your major concern? And I don`t want to insult you. What do you want? The missus?, Which seems somewhat unlikely at this point, or your kids?

In my language, we have a saying: Kvinder kommer og går, men familien består. It rhymes :) Meaning: Women may enter our lives, and they may exit, only thing that really matters is Family. In that respect I am with the thais.

Kids.

i do feel for you,but your gotta admit you were?are a shit husband..why would you allow her to leave the kids..?,why is she in patong flogging her mutton to all and sundry,so to me shes not your real wife.just the mother of your children,unfortunatly you asking about mood swings opened the floodgates for me and others to give you these not very nice comments your reading,the answer is simple stop the money..she will change in a heartbeat , then talk about a deal/compramise....remember stopping the income doesnt mean your lovely children are going to be eating grass..be strong and very very good luck ..

The photo on which i saw the pregnancy, i wish i could put it on here but cant/wont. Surprisingly people who i show the photo to, thais, friends etc say that she looks/is pregnant. They dont know her so is somewhat difficult for them to opinionate about it. The FIL members claim to say initially that she is not pregnant but after some pushing just dont say, yes she is. It confuses me a little.

The irrational behaviour from my other halve, haha, i have never seen in all the years living together. The more difficult it is for me to understand it all. 1 thing i heard today about the fact that a niece, in the village, told me that 30.000 bth is just about enough for her to live on so i can imagine the costs of living for a family of 4. Funny girl. She mentioned as well that my wife was just fat. No way IMO.

I perceive myself as an honest and reasonable man and all this irrational behaviour combined with lies and family influences makes it sometimes very difficult to keep a clear head. No kids i would have walked away long time. But because of them i cant.

I give my MIL 3,500bht a month to live (not with us) on (she has a paid off farm house to live in).

In the village, not only is it enough, but she is considered one of the wealthier villagers.

A normal family of 4 in a rural village would live on 5,000bht a month or less.

30k for one person ...... don't forget EVERYONE lies to the foreigner.

Edited by FiftyTwo

School of Thai soap opera ?

My x wife ( 12 years married ) can't talk to me without screaming. I have my kids though. Screw her and the horse she rode in on.

My x is a total backstabber. I can't stand the thought of her and her issan ways.

Lucky we live Hawaii now.

she is the worst lier and a total nut case.

I was planning to retire in thailand - but no way now.

I won't let my kids out of my site for more than a few hours (school etc, ).

Shiat happens then you die :-)

My x will try to grab balls - scratch your face - anything. Serious - knives, bottles, breaking stuff. Just totally off the chart stuff. She sure did seem nice for the first 5 years or so.

• Like 1

Not that I don't trust you, but five pages in and none of us are any the wiser.

You have been constantly evasive throughout and generally refuse to answer wholly pertinent questions.

These are facts:

1. Photos are deceiving;

2. There's absolutely no evidence that your wife/ex-wife is/was pregnant; and

3. You are acting irrationally/paranoid on a baseless assumption.

You state you were in LOS in March. If your wife/ex-wife fell pregnant on 1 March 2013 then the baby would have been due yesterday, 1 December.

We can beat about the bush all day, but asking strangers why your wife is acting irrationally based on an assumption is plain daft.

I can only assume that you and your wife/ex-wife are estranged. If she is/was pregnant and the assumed baby is not yours, then what business is it of yours?

If you are so concerned, turn off your computer and get on the next flight to LOS and see for yourself.

• Like 1

She is your "other half", ( does that mean she is your wife ) and you have children with her ,

and yet you leave her and the children alone long enough to miss an entire pregnancy?

I don't know that I blame her if she slipped up, slipped one in and got knocked up!

If she even did get pregnant!

Your whole thing is based on a web photo?

If it's important to you at all, get off your butt and get over here and deal with it face to face like a man!

Who is really the irrational one here?

Thank u for ur kind and insightfull comment. Reading the point of a thread properly is not your strongest point. I confronted her only this week. A photo is a photo. This 1 is very clear and surely not photoshopped.

I let her alone during the entire pregnancy ! Well .....i am flabbergasted by this comment. I was unaware of it so..

So read the OP again. Thanks

You are missing the point, when last have you seen your children and your gf/wife? Why is your wife/gf and children not living with you? Do you think it is doing the children good to have a father in Europe and a mother in Phuket? If you fathered these children do you not think you owe them more than money? Something called love and attention, it cant be bought and cant be replaced by family.

I love my children and when she went to phuket before and left kids with SIL i came to collect them. NO she said.

So what. She is neither the father or the mother. If you as legal father take them there is nobody who can stop you.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

. 1 thing i heard today about the fact that a niece, in the village, told me that 30.000 bth is just about enough for her to live on so i can imagine the costs of living for a family of 4. Funny girl. She mentioned as well that my wife was just fat. No way IMO.

I give my MIL 3,500bht a month to live (not with us) on (she has a paid off farm house to live in).

In the village, not only is it enough, but she is considered one of the wealthier villagers.

A normal family of 4 in a rural village would live on 5,000bht a month or less.

30k for one person ...... don't forget EVERYONE lies to the foreigner.

30K? This is absoluty ridiculous. The "official" minimum wage is now 300 baht a day. A bit depending on the region.

In the villages, many people dont depend too much on money, they depend on the exchange of services being rendered and crops to be exchanged.

I was once a village dweller, I as a farang could easily live on 30 K a month supporting me wife and child, not that I want to do that at this present day, but I once did that with even far less income.

You just tell your "niece" to get lost. In fact go tell her, to get foked sideways.

I do believe that you are a honest and reasonable man, you have just not as yet taken any control over your family, and worst of all you have allowed your children/child to be whisked off to people you most likely don`t even know.

I would have torn the world apart, before allowing anyone but myself and my now ex-wife to have any saying over my kids.

Ben? If you really, really want to pursue obtaining the custody of your child/children. Gimme a PM.

Cheers

• Like 2

I love my children and when she went to phuket before and left kids with SIL i came to collect them. NO she said.

So what. She is neither the father or the mother. If you as legal father take them there is nobody who can stop you.

Right. If the mother is not around you can show up at the SIL house with the police and take the kids. Nothing she can do about it.

In regard to psycho freaking out yelling and screaming my wife and two out of 5 SIL's are the same.

She is your "other half", ( does that mean she is your wife ) and you have children with her ,

and yet you leave her and the children alone long enough to miss an entire pregnancy?

I don't know that I blame her if she slipped up, slipped one in and got knocked up!

If it's important to you at all, get off your butt and get over here and deal with it face to face like a man!

Thank u for ur kind and insightfull comment. Reading the point of a thread properly is not your strongest point. I confronted her only this week. A photo is a photo. This 1 is very clear and surely not photoshopped.

I let her alone during the entire pregnancy ! Well .....i am flabbergasted by this comment. I was unaware of it so..

You are missing the point, when last have you seen your children and your gf/wife? Why is your wife/gf and children not living with you? Do you think it is doing the children good to have a father in Europe and a mother in Phuket? If you fathered these children do you not think you owe them more than money? Something called love and attention, it cant be bought and cant be replaced by family.
U hit the nail on the head. Thank you. Eventhough offtopic. I want my children here. She is in control because she is thai and wants to replace my love and attention by HER family. For the possible newborn, well.....dont know from who it is. So no reason for me to go be on her side and sit out the pregnancy. I love my children and when she went to phuket before and left kids with SIL i came to collect them. NO she said. In my time of absence before i trusted her fully to take proper care, financially 2 ( yes yes STUPID but in good faith ) of the kids. When i was there my kids had been so put up against me, PARENTAL ALIENATION, that everytime they came to close for wife and SIL liking they were cleverly manipulated when i was asleep or out of the house. I blamed it initially on my previous absence from them until i read about PA on the internet.

I have a whole thai family to deal with and as u can imagine nobody openly supports me or acts on the best interest interest of the children. The silent support, face value, i need to thred gently with. But my wife controls the outcome of 5 lives, 6 maybe. This by silly childlish behaviour which is beyond any normal persons understanding.

Okay now understand. Good chance someone elses child and she don't want you to know. When born the child would be given to a cousin etc to raise so that you will not know. Her reaction to you is her only defence as she have no logic explanation. When I caught my ex western wife cheating and divorced her, she tried the same tactic.

Don't assume things unless you yourself have seen them by your eyes. A photo may give you the nerve to go and see her the soonest possible time, in a surprise way, then if its true, shes not trustworthy and hence doesnt deserve you (if you were honest to her), but if she just got fat, then problem solved.

I just skimmed through some of the previous post and I didnt see any mention of the OP being married to the mother! Are you or were you married to her? This is a very important point regarding your children. If you were not married you are not legally recognized in Thailand as the father of your Thai children (birth certificates, childs passports, etc. do not make you the legal father). This would be a much more important concern for you versus her irrational behavior (which btw is perfectly normal and should be expected from a Thai) and whether or not she is pregnant. If you werent married you need to focus on getting legally recognized in Thailand as the father of your children. At this point you would need the mother and children to accompany you to the Amphur to sign off that you are the legal father. If she wont do that then you will have to go through the court system (nightmare which im dealing with right now).

To add, without going in detail, i am in europe, she is in patong beach, our kids stay, against my wishes, with SIL up north. No not Issaan !!

My concerns lean towards the children with absentee parents. It's really not my place to judge you but you posted it. I don't know the whole circumstances but why haven't you tried to get your

children? Why is it that they only thing your concerned about is that she is pregnant. That for me would be a good thing. Maybe a way to manipulate her into giving me the children with promises of gold and diamonds at the end of the rainbow, but I wouldn't leave someone else to raise them. I wouldn't let them alone by themselves culture or no culture, don't you realize those children want to be with mom and dad..or at least one. The fact that your only worried about seeing her pregnant means the kids are most likely better off where there at.

Thanks till now for the people who have wrote constructive comments. To the 1s who make a joke out of it, well...this is to be expected when opening a topic on this forum.

For the posters who write that i have the right to take the kids away from any other than the mother.

Yes i know that i can do that. Children are however no toys, they are human beings. Till now the present situation has been created by my WIFE. She has made the choice that the kids will be raised by FIL and are being withheld from their father. As parental alienation had already been effected before i came there in March, now this is still ongoing. ( if anybody interested in reading about it and the effects on both the alienated parent and the child, read a topic on the fam&childforum from me and the topic of Scott1999). In the eyes of my children i am a bad man, this most likely repeatedly told by SIL. I have to wait in order to get everything sorted before i will try 1 time to go there and take my kids with me. This without knowing till what extend members of her family, and herself, will go to prevent me from doing. Fysical ? I need to take them with me with mothers consent otherwise it will be parental abduction. Not so much in thailand but in my homecountry.

For the posters who write that i need to stop sending money. I do that, unfortunately, already. I know they will be fed there. I am fully aware that this will get other posters of their sofa who claim; u have kids and dont provide for them, irresponsible etc... All my years of providing and trust has led to this, so....its only leverage i have. Sadly enough ! I have had threats continiously from wife and SIL, not being able to speak with kids etc. There are though people in the family who understand what i am doing. These are however not influential enough. I am trying to work around the centre of influence by being consistent that all this brings nobody anything. But the family and thai culture prevents real progress. With the latter i mean, saving face, lack of confrontation, in this case irrational emotional behaviour without any form of empathy due to simple vision ( LOS is centre of the world) and really thinking about best interest of the kids.

To the posters who write to let it all go. Well.....i cant, i wish i could care nothing about myself and thus my kids. The emotional attachment to my kids i need to let more go though to make it for me more bearable. Is difficult because they are in my heart 24/7. I know that it is my weakness in their eyes. I know. I know too that i am a way better parent than the 1s who are in control now. Apparantly this is a path of life i need to follow. Never ever thought that the present situation would be a reality. The guilt i feel reguarly is enormous because as i am part of it, i am too blame 2. Letting go however is no option. It would be the ultimate failure of my life. Mistakes i have made plenty in my life. Plenty. Trust in my wife was the last 1.

All this happening now is beyond comprehension. It is difficult to listen to people who say that she as an individual needs 30k a month to live on. Gotta stay nice because she can come in handy later on. Biting my tongue is a neccesaty. My children have a mother and a father and going to act similar as them makes me no better. Playing games well......sadly enough.......yes, because reason is not really possible with them.

I wish i could turn back times....but....cant.

• Like 1

To add, without going in detail, i am in europe, she is in patong beach, our kids stay, against my wishes, with SIL up north. No not Issaan !!

My concerns lean towards the children with absentee parents. It's really not my place to judge you but you posted it. I don't know the whole circumstances but why haven't you tried to get your

children? Why is it that they only thing your concerned about is that she is pregnant. That for me would be a good thing. Maybe a way to manipulate her into giving me the children with promises of gold and diamonds at the end of the rainbow, but I wouldn't leave someone else to raise them. I wouldn't let them alone by themselves culture or no culture, don't you realize those children want to be with mom and dad..or at least one. The fact that your only worried about seeing her pregnant means the kids are most likely better off where there at.

Read correctly please. A topic is a topic. If no children involved, i could care less. Yes i think same as u, hence

This topic.

To me the irrational emotional behavior that Thai women from time to time can surprise us Farang's with, is a simple act of self-defense.

Scream and shouting avoids all normal conversation from taking place, meaning that the subject remains untouched and the truth therefore also never comes out... If first a Thai woman starts screaming, then its best just to give up, go further and forget anything that just relates slightly to what could be called an "adult conversation". If in drama-mode, you will just get more drama, the more you confront her. (Could be an effect of her watching too many Thai TV-dramas)

But if you turn it around - then why start screaming and shouting if there was/is no problem? :-) So screaming and shouting most likely already answered your question...

In our three years together ... I have to be honest that the Thai gf has never raised her voice once ... and considering that she's preggers at the moment ... a great effort ... thumbsup.gif

that said ... I don't get off scot free ... the 'Thai Sulk' can last hours, one even longer then a day ... facepalm.gif

But khunpa, I know what you mean ... I've seen the screaming matches ... I think we all have.

Wrong, i never have with mine, but she is a very intelligent lady with 2 uni degrees and from a balanced reasonably well off family.

It can be replaced, plenty of people do it all the time.

But it shouldn't be replaced.

As for the other things in your post...there is obviously way more to this than the OP is letting us know, so all these things can be the reason why he is not here etc etc.

I presume from what he has said so far...she left him, he did not want the separation...but obviously now time to move on, forget her and concentrate on kids.

With a woman like that, i would like proof of paternity

Thanks till now for the people who have wrote constructive comments. To the 1s who make a joke out of it, well...this is to be expected when opening a topic on this forum.

For the posters who write that i have the right to take the kids away from any other than the mother.

Yes i know that i can do that. Children are however no toys, they are human beings. Till now the present situation has been created by my WIFE. She has made the choice that the kids will be raised by FIL and are being withheld from their father. As parental alienation had already been effected before i came there in March, now this is still ongoing. ( if anybody interested in reading about it and the effects on both the alienated parent and the child, read a topic on the fam&childforum from me and the topic of Scott1999). In the eyes of my children i am a bad man, this most likely repeatedly told by SIL. I have to wait in order to get everything sorted before i will try 1 time to go there and take my kids with me. This without knowing till what extend members of her family, and herself, will go to prevent me from doing. Fysical ? I need to take them with me with mothers consent otherwise it will be parental abduction. Not so much in thailand but in my homecountry.

For the posters who write that i need to stop sending money. I do that, unfortunately, already. I know they will be fed there. I am fully aware that this will get other posters of their sofa who claim; u have kids and dont provide for them, irresponsible etc... All my years of providing and trust has led to this, so....its only leverage i have. Sadly enough ! I have had threats continiously from wife and SIL, not being able to speak with kids etc. There are though people in the family who understand what i am doing. These are however not influential enough. I am trying to work around the centre of influence by being consistent that all this brings nobody anything. But the family and thai culture prevents real progress. With the latter i mean, saving face, lack of confrontation, in this case irrational emotional behaviour without any form of empathy due to simple vision ( LOS is centre of the world) and really thinking about best interest of the kids.

To the posters who write to let it all go. Well.....i cant, i wish i could care nothing about myself and thus my kids. The emotional attachment to my kids i need to let more go though to make it for me more bearable. Is difficult because they are in my heart 24/7. I know that it is my weakness in their eyes. I know. I know too that i am a way better parent than the 1s who are in control now. Apparantly this is a path of life i need to follow. Never ever thought that the present situation would be a reality. The guilt i feel reguarly is enormous because as i am part of it, i am too blame 2. Letting go however is no option. It would be the ultimate failure of my life. Mistakes i have made plenty in my life. Plenty. Trust in my wife was the last 1.

All this happening now is beyond comprehension. It is difficult to listen to people who say that she as an individual needs 30k a month to live on. Gotta stay nice because she can come in handy later on. Biting my tongue is a neccesaty. My children have a mother and a father and going to act similar as them makes me no better. Playing games well......sadly enough.......yes, because reason is not really possible with them.

I wish i could turn back times....but....cant.

Although i am sure most of us are sympathetic to you and your problems and wish you luck. However i feel that there is really nothing that any one of us can do for you and this includes offering advice. You appear to be set on accepting the hand that you are dealt.

OP, you appear to spend a vast amount of time on social media, prying, spying, corresponding with minor family members, engaging in tittle tattle and wasting time. Where has this got you? You are a mess.

For God's sake, try to stop playing the victim. It takes two to tango and you've now achieved a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Get off bleeding Facebook and get a grip.

First things first. Visit your wife and try to achieve an amicable arrangement between you. Is there a chance of reconciliation?

You cannot conduct family matters through Facebook and hearsay.

You are a child and now need to start acting like an adult, a parent and a husband.

Your immaturity will kill you if you're not careful. Now is the time to grow up and get a plan. Jeez.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1