central festival xmas tree lights up 7 pm tonight

dave2

Don't know what was going on there but all around the place were police in riot gear, and ambulances with their sirens on trying to get through the gridlock of traffic. I was stuck in the traffic jam for what seemed like 40 minutes. Anyone know what was happening?

Perhaps the BiB saw loads of folk in red santa hats & mistook them for "redshirts" planning to occupy & burn Chiang Mai's latest temple to wealth.

• Like 2

re

Perhaps the BiB saw loads of folk in red santa hats & mistook them for "redshirts"

nahhh ... they were after the fella in the tall hat

and a mask !

dave2

ps ..., the front girl on the left ... forgive her :(

pps .. electrified .. i spent two hours there last night and didnt see any police with riot shields ambulances or sirens before , during or after and the road outside was like a ghost town so i dont know where you saw them ?

post-42592-0-97490800-1385871034_thumb.j

• Like 1

re

Perhaps the BiB saw loads of folk in red santa hats & mistook them for "redshirts"

nahhh ... they were after the fella in the tall hat

and a mask !

dave2

ps ..., the front girl on the left ... forgive her sad.png

pps .. electrified .. i spent two hours there last night and didnt see any police with riot shields ambulances or sirens before , during or after and the road outside was like a ghost town so i dont know where you saw them ?

Well I was trying to take my kid out last night and got stuck in the traffic jam on the utility road running along-side Super Highway. I took a detour to the Doi Saket Road and the traffic jam was even worse. There were police in riot gear (but I did not see shields as you mentioned) all up and down the road. There must have been 6 ambulances trying to make their way through traffic. Maybe the music was so loud you missed it? There were also police in riot gear on the opposite side (utility road) at Kaewonarawat and Super Highway. So something was going on. This was around 19:30.

re

Is she directing that at you dave2?

naahh ... coz i didnt publish her picture :)

if shes thai ? .. she would never live it down :(

electrified . ( riot shields ) . my mistake ! .. sorry

i spent two hours in the middle of this picture and saw zilch of any trouble !

ps .. i think the girls were chinese :)

post-42592-0-15532000-1385879064_thumb.j