Moving to BKK

jamilsiddique

Well firstly thanks to all that replied to this thread and gave me so much useful information .

Final decision is for now I'll just ride the bike in and keep in on SH plates for 6 months and ride it out for a border run. Will give me abit of time to decide what to do and buy a bike in BKK.

Bring me onto next point . Are there good places to buy a used bike . Would want a Japanese 600 or 400 sport bike for track riding . Maybe event an Aprillia RSV4 600.

Cheers

Well firstly thanks to all that replied to this thread and gave me so much useful information .

Final decision is for now I'll just ride the bike in and keep in on SH plates for 6 months and ride it out for a border run. Will give me abit of time to decide what to do and buy a bike in BKK.

Bring me onto next point . Are there good places to buy a used bike . Would want a Japanese 600 or 400 sport bike for track riding . Maybe event an Aprillia RSV4 600.

Cheers

I dont think so there are many aprillias in thailand.

Check mocyc.com but be careful with the bikes with no or dodgy book.

Options for decent second hand supersports especially 600 ccs are very less as there are no 600 cc supersports for sale here new.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 months later...

Hi All

Firstly thanks a lot to all those that gave me advice on this thread a few months ago.

Secondly thanks a lot to you Monty1412 for the advice on the Fat Ducs. I bought one and it really was the bees knees. It completely sorted out all my low speed surfing issues. Thanks a lot.

I decided for now am gonna ride my bike up to BKK from Singapore and I'll keep it here for a while and just do border runs every two months. I think there is a small fine to pay for going beyond one month but according to the Thai customs website as long as you don't breach two months can avoid major hassle.

I plan riding up during the May holiday. Should be doable in less than three days.

Shall be keen thereafter with hooking up with like minded riders for as much riding that can be done. So if you have rides planned out a bar where you hang out with your bikes them let me know. My adopted watering hole is going to be wall street on soi 33

Cheers

Sent from my K00E using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cheers

Monty1412

Lovely, it looks great. Seems you have done exactly the same as me. Fitted ALTRider rad cover and header guard. Also is that a set of twisted throttle footrests on the front?, which I have fitted also.

I would be very interested to know how you settled the low rev fluctuation issue. I have the same, and because mine comes with a termi-slip as standard, then I haven't bothered fitting a straight through pipe and ECU.

Here is a picture of my multi. I had the top box and pannier colour coded to go with the corse colours. She's a great bike . This weekend my mate broke down on his fireblade and so I towed him with my Multi for about 50kms back to the workshop. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385957944.669248.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385957971.108368.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Great bike.. here is my MTS 2011.with straight through termi and racing ECU and the piece de resistance.. fat duc's fitted. smooths out the low fuel low revs issue

see you tube clip

attachicon.gifIMG_1677.JPG

Low rev fluctuation is because the mixture is deliberately leaned off sub 3000-3500 rpm to pass Euro emissions... Fat Ducs from Performance boulevard are the single best thing I have added to the bike and transformed its low end behaviour.. they are custom made plug and play and just great.. no I dont work for them In fact for USD 150 they are single biggest performance improvement Ive ever seen on any bike... they work by modulating the signal from the oxygen sensor in the exhaust.. yes straight through termi system has sensors.. ECU receives modulated signal and then because its reading too lean pumps more fuel in... effect is that engine no long splutters and burps at low rpm and guess what.. fuel economy is better .. why.... I am no longer riding around at higher revs in lower gear trying to stay out of lean air:fuel mixture territory..

a happy snap of the product for you.. UPS'd to me in three days 10 minutes if that to fit. hard on for 50 minutes after that priceless

http://www.fatduc.com

attachicon.gifIMG_1582.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1585.JPG

Hi Monty fitted the thing myself took less than 5 mins and is one of the better investments I made in the bike . thanks a lot for the tip

Cheers

Hi All

Firstly thanks a lot to all those that gave me advice on this thread a few months ago.

Secondly thanks a lot to you Monty1412 for the advice on the Fat Ducs. I bought one and it really was the bees knees. It completely sorted out all my low speed surfing issues. Thanks a lot.

I decided for now am gonna ride my bike up to BKK from Singapore and I'll keep it here for a while and just do border runs every two months. I think there is a small fine to pay for going beyond one month but according to the Thai customs website as long as you don't breach two months can avoid major hassle.

I plan riding up during the May holiday. Should be doable in less than three days.

Shall be keen thereafter with hooking up with like minded riders for as much riding that can be done. So if you have rides planned out a bar where you hang out with your bikes them let me know. My adopted watering hole is going to be wall street on soi 33

Cheers

I hope you are familiar with your way around Bangkok? Especially with the no go roads as is the case with certain bridges and all.

I live in Asok, just round the corner from soi 33. Would be great to meet up for some drinks. If you are also into off road, there's a group of guys who call themselves the Bangkok Weekend Warriors who meet regularly on soi 11 (it's not just off road, they ride on road too :) )

Yikes what there is more than just than toll roads? In that case I have no idea. Guess I'll have to learn as I go along unless you can give me a crash in the no go areas for bikes.

Went for my driving licences a few weeks ago and was amused at having a second license just for bikes.

PM me we can exchange contracts and meet up.

Never been off roading but sure happy to give it a try . Am more of a track junkie but off roading can develop skills for the track too

Cheers