Visa extensions (Phuket)

Hello All,

I have a one year M entry non B visa, i got it in Penang. This terms 3 month entry expires on 11th December and i am due to fly home on 19th December

for my Christmas holiday.

Q) Can i go to (Phuket) immigration and get an extension to see me through from 11th -19th December? Or will i have to do a run?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

You will not get the extra day.

What you can do is apply for a 7 day extension on the 13th, that means you will have 1 day overstay when you apply.

Often in such cases immirgation will fine you 500 baht for 1 day overstay and next allow you the 7 day extension stating on the 13th. But no guarentees it will work.

The Phuket Immi at main office (Saipan Hin) extensions are handled at front row of desks. Three desks, the one in middle is very amenable gent so you may get lucky (but I doubt it). Make sure to fill in the extension form before going to see the officials. Forms are available on the left just inside the entrance, handled by the volunteers. You will need copy of passport signature page, page with your arrival stamp and the arrival card (can be copied on same page as the arrival stamp).

OK Thanks for the reply, if i was to get the 7 day extension, and overstay by one day, that would mean that my visa would be cancelled? Its valid until April 2014.

I have photocopys of PP, my actual PP and my WP and also my flight details, i plan to go down tomorrow morning.

You could always nip up to Ranong for the day and cross to/from Burma (crisp $10 for the Burma visa, plus transport/fuel).

Cost wouldn't be that much more than the 1900 THB for 7 day 'rejected application' extension plus 500 THB overstay.

When you get back from your xmas holiday, you will be stamped in again for 90 days from the date of arrival.

Then go to the border again in April just before your 90 day stamp is up and providing you re-enter Thailand before your visa's 'Use Before' date you will then get another 90 day stamp running up to July.

OK Thanks for the reply, if i was to get the 7 day extension, and overstay by one day, that would mean that my visa would be cancelled? Its valid until April 2014.

I have photocopys of PP, my actual PP and my WP and also my flight details, i plan to go down tomorrow morning.

You could always nip up to Ranong for the day and cross to/from Burma (crisp $10 for the Burma visa, plus transport/fuel).

Cost wouldn't be that much more than the 1900 THB for 7 day 'rejected application' extension plus 500 THB overstay.

When you get back from your xmas holiday, you will be stamped in again for 90 days from the date of arrival.

Then go to the border again in April just before your 90 day stamp is up and providing you re-enter Thailand before your visa's 'Use Before' date you will then get another 90 day stamp running up to July.

Thanks for your response.

Generally with my job, im out of the country every month, just turns out i have not left in the past 2.5 months, and i have booked my flights home and realized my visa expires 8 days prior to my trip home!

I have done the Ranong day trip last year, its not the worst, I think if i have no chance of getting the 8 days i will do a run before the 11th, maybe to KL.

Thanks

oh, that's a shame, i will need 8 days to see me to 19th, is it worth going to immigration and asking for 7 day extension + an extra day?

Thanks for your help.

There is not extra day;

If would be some-one would come with it: for me only 2 extra days pls.

And next would say: for me only 3 extra days pls.

etc...

The rules are rules.

This really badluck about 1 and only day.