Bangkok: Anti-government protesters declare victory

webfact

Is this what you called a victory? I don't see anyone achieving anything except losses to the nation. If that is not enough, keep on vandalizing and intruding more places. Then go home and be proud that you caused deaths, economic impacts, disrupting peace to people's lives, property damages and more.

• Like 1

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot believe it is this simple, but there again maybe as in all things Thai, nothing should surprise you. If I were the anti's I would temper my celebrations until the "ink is dry'. If it transpires that Sutheep has indeed achieved his objective, then congratulations to him, but for the time being he 'should keep his powder dry'. I know for one my wife is currently over the moon thinking that Dr. Thaksin has been overcome. I wonder!!!!!

Pretty safe to say that there isn't going to be a 'People's Council' installed. Rather, something's been worked out that's amenable to both sides. I guess those who did think they were going to get rid of the 'Thaksin regime' once and for all will be disappointed, but that was never going to happen.

• Like 2

Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has given 2 million baht in cash to be distributed among police officers who are on duty, said the Pol Lt Gen.

Where did this money come from, and why has it been given should be the next question!

• Like 2

Metropolitan Police Bureau allows demonstrators to enter its headquarters

BANGKOK, 3 December 2013 (NNT) - Bangkok Metropolitan police Chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang says police will no longer use tear gas against demonstrators, but will instead welcome them inside the Metropolitan Police Bureau headquarters on Sri Ayutthaya road.

According to Pol Lt Gen Khamronvit, he has not been removed as the commander in charge of forces dealing with the protesters, as rumored. He said he had instructed police to open the line and clap their hands to welcome the protesters when they arrive.

Since the office belongs to the public and has been built with their tax money, protesters should be allowed to do whatever they want with it, including seizing it or burning it down to the ground, said the Metropolitan Police chief, adding that he would take sole responsibility of the protesters' actions.

Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has given 2 million baht in cash to be distributed among police officers who are on duty, said the Pol Lt Gen.

He added that police from now on would concentrate on protecting the life and property of individuals instead of holding off demonstrators from entering government offices.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-12-03 footer_n.gif

This is a joke, right?

Or PM Jingluck has turned the whole manifestation into a charade.

In which case I applaud PM Jingluck for her handling of Suthep's stupidity.

Where did this money come from, and why has it been given should be the next question!

who cares where from, why are they getting cash for caving in and not doing their jobs properly?

Edited by sms747

Is this what you called a victory? I don't see anyone achieving anything except losses to the nation. If that is not enough, keep on vandalizing and intruding more places. Then go home and be proud that you caused deaths, economic impacts, disrupting peace to people's lives, property damages and more.

A small price for the country to pay compared to being bankrupted by Thaksin's 2,2 Trillion loan and other extremely expensive scams.

• Like 1

why are the cops so useless?

what can the cops do? They are criticize when using tear gas....the same when they use water canon...the same again when they use rubber bullets to defend their HQ. So I guess the next best thing is to just let them walk in....even that they will also be criticize. The BIB's are pretty much useless here in thailand but they are good at collecting tea money.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It appears to be a "face saving" gesture for the anti-government protesters. The brainchild behind this "face saving" strategy is quite an astute chap. It offers an illusion of victory but in reality it has effectively doused the "fire" of the protesters.

Now that the protesters have got the concrete buildings, and unless they're now going to go after humans, I see no reason for further violent protests. Time to come back to the negotiating table.

It would probably be wise to hold fire and wait to see what is the result of the talks that have probably been going on for the last couple of days. No one in their right mind could believe that everything was played out in the open. The flames are dying down....no point in fanning the embers. Let's see what transpires.

A small price for the country to pay compared to being bankrupted by Thaksin's 2,2 Trillion loan and other extremely expensive scams.

I am glad to know that you value a piece of paper more than happiness. Even if it is so, I hope Thaksin can bring it with him to wherever he is heading.

The anti-government protesters declared victory on seizing the government offices include the Government House. However, they never notice that they have lost the confidence from the foreign governments and embassies. At the end, who lost?

since when have thais worried about foreign countries..is that the best you can come up with...put fmtv watch it live

They only worry about foreign countries when they are attacked i.e. WW2 and then they just throw the towel in !

• Like 2

The question is, what will happen next ?

Will the protesters go home, and everything in the current government will continue as if nothing ever happened, including the lying-cheating and looting the state coffers ?

Or will there be a house dissolution and new elections?

mai bpen rai, we will worry about that later

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am glad to know that you value a piece of paper more than happiness. Even if it is so, I hope Thaksin can bring it with him to wherever he is heading.

Maybe you should turn on the TV, they are all seem to be very happy now (the guy in the desert is probably not so happy but screw him and his thieving cronies)

• Like 2

I guess that sooner or later, the PM will present the bill of the Government properties that has been destroyed and the 2 million baht she paid to the police to shake hands with the protesters.

Who is going to foot that bill?

Surely not the biggest part of Thailand that are not considered as "people".

Over to you Suthep.

Maybe you should turn on the TV, they are all seem to be very happy now (the guy in the desert is probably not so happy but screw him and his thieving cronies)

If it makes you happy, I am happy with you. This is what I learned from the polices today. smile.png

Edited by stickyrice2000

Metropolitan Police Bureau allows demonstrators to enter its headquarters

BANGKOK, 3 December 2013 (NNT) - Bangkok Metropolitan police Chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang says police will no longer use tear gas against demonstrators, but will instead welcome them inside the Metropolitan Police Bureau headquarters on Sri Ayutthaya road.

According to Pol Lt Gen Khamronvit, he has not been removed as the commander in charge of forces dealing with the protesters, as rumored. He said he had instructed police to open the line and clap their hands to welcome the protesters when they arrive.

Since the office belongs to the public and has been built with their tax money, protesters should be allowed to do whatever they want with it, including seizing it or burning it down to the ground, said the Metropolitan Police chief, adding that he would take sole responsibility of the protesters' actions.

He added that police from now on would concentrate on protecting the life and property of individuals instead of holding off demonstrators from entering government offices.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-12-03 footer_n.gif

<deleted>?

What kind of police chief would say something like that?

If the police chief is too weak to deal with the hooligans then maybe he should resign.

There is big different between protesters and people who try to seize government building.

If you try to seize the government building in USA, Sweden, UK, Japan, China, Australia, Spain, Italy, Poland, Denmark, France, and ....... well any other country Police will stop you by all means but in Thailand police will open the line and klap their hands clap2.gif .

Welcome to mickey mouse country!

No, no, no... hogwash, this makes Thailand superior and the most developed country in the world.

Our status of a developing country is over now and for good. The roles in the world have changed. THB is going to be the leading currency in the world.

What a day. From now on I will consider any other country just a developing country. Thailand the only country in the world that is 100% politically correct and 100% ruled by the people. Amazing, actually that what TAT always already knew. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Richard Hall

I doubt that the Mothers of the dead people who died for this "victory" are in a celebrating mood right now. Despite the huge improvements in society that have been ushered in by this anti-democratic upheaval. My prayers are with those families that have lost loved ones, and I pray that the tragic violence by all actors in this Punch&Judy Show will end before any more lives are lost or ruined.

Frankly, I'm sick of 'the dead' being used as political tools in this fiasco. You get more shot up outside the local karaoke/campus on a daily basis than this. Quit with the mawkish bs <deleted>.

I am sorry that my devout pacifism offends you so.

I have also been to many kareoke nights and never got shot dead, so I'm just going to go with my empirical evidence on this one.

So now anyway, PTP look like they are en-route to being forced out of elected office. Which means mass-polarisation of all people who voted for them. More years of bitterness and cries of injustice beckon to us from the future. Was that "achievement" really worth these people dying and being seriously wounded for? That student shot dead, will not marry or have kids, which s/he may have doted on and spent many happy decades with. S/he might have been a great scholar and contributed to world civilisation. We will never know, because s/he was randomly killed in a powergame between corrupt and dubious political actors, with no real progress in resolving the nation's fractured and divisive climate.

Edited by Yunla