Telephone Call Rates

wilson steer

I am looking for the best value telephone call rates to/from Thailand-U.K.

I use my cellphone now with 009 at 22 baht per minute, to phone U.K. are those computer phone calls at 12 baht any good? What's the catch?

Also from U.K. to Thailand, BT £1.03 is ridiculous, I had a S.E. Asia card once for 40p per minute.

Any advice please?

If you phone a lot between Thailand and UK (there is a 20 dollars monthly subscription), and have a broadband connection available, you could try packet8.

Phone to bangkok: 0.07 USD (mobile: 0.14 USD)

Phone to UK: 0.02 USD (mobile: 0.22 USD)

Complete list of rates here

Before moving here a year ago we used telediscount - no problems at all.

You are charged on your phone bill and do not have to give a credit card etc.

Family and friends in the UK use telediscount to call us now.

Service call quality can be a bit variable but with telediscount its cheaper to call me on my mobile in Thailand than it is to place an ordinary call to a mobile in the UK!

Before telediscount appeared we used to buy the prepaid cards from Asian newsagents - eg the Banana Card and Call Asia but these always tend to have a call connection charge so are only really economical if you call - get the person in - and then talk for a while.

• 1 month later...

I am using 1CellNet. Thats the best offer. cause I do not have a landline here in bangkok. It cost me 4 baht a minute from my Dtac Prepaid mobile to USA landline or mobile. There is no cheaper than this. I just send a sms with the number I want to call and then the company calls me back straight away. F.... genius!!!!

www.1cellnet.com/ikkan

• 4 months later...
if yer using a thai orange mobile its 15b a minute to UK landline or mobile.. very reasonable

Is that a special offer? When did that start?

There's nothing to indicate this on their website; Orange (Not that it's up to date)

I've been gettin that rate since around easter maybe even christmas, used to be 20bat? I think it maybe offpeak only tho :o