Honda NC 700

Briggsy

I am trying to follow your logic here. I am not being awkward.

This is what I think you are thinking. Since, the NC 700, any model, is massively expensive here due to import taxes, Honda Thailand only sell the top model as the more ordinary NC 700 S would look daft and not sell priced at, say, 440,000 whilst at 463,000 for the NC 700 X, they are able to sell a few.

If that is what you are saying, I can kind of understand that.

Roll on, elimination of export taxes, the faster the better.

I am trying to follow your logic here. I am not being awkward.

This is what I think you are thinking. Since, the NC 700, any model, is massively expensive here due to import taxes, Honda Thailand only sell the top model as the more ordinary NC 700 S would look daft and not sell priced at, say, 440,000 whilst at 463,000 for the NC 700 X, they are able to sell a few.

If that is what you are saying, I can kind of understand that.

Roll on, elimination of export taxes, the faster the better.

exactly!

that is why they sell 1000cc superbikes like cbr1000rr and we never get 600 cc superbikes like cbr600rr as the price different will be a mere 100 k between a 600 cc and 1000 cc superbike therefore people will go for 1000 cc.

The NC700X has been reduced in price and will now sell for 355000 baht (£6721) at Big Wing. If this is the DCT version it is cheaper than in the UK. So far the NC700X has been manufactured in Japan because they wanted premium build quality for this ground breaking bike. I don`t know if they have plans to relocate production to Thailand but at this new price I`d take Made In Japan any day. Here is a long but brilliant review of the bike by an owner

• Like 1

Does the version sold in Thailand also include ABS?

It is shown as an option on their website. Link here

The Dual Clutch Transmission version initially was released without ABS and then an ABS version came later known as NC 700 XA.

Here is the Honda UK website and UK prices for manual and DCT (no ABS).

Edited by Briggsy