Don't try this at home....

webfact

If you look close the plane could never make that maneuver with the light pole in that position.

Now that you mentioned it, I noted it too. There was also a plane in the gif.

Hoax !!

If you look close the plane could never make that maneuver with the light pole in that position.

Ah, Gee-whizz Mister Smiles, here I was think'n to meself 'bout how clever the pilot was.....U Darn gone spoiled it fer me!

A 747 can fly upside down. But it is not recommended. However this clip is bogus of course.

I can't speak for the 747 but do agree some 'medium and heavy' aircraft can fly inverted.

Air frame designers try to factor in any flight scenario during design of the aircraft.

Certainly it's desirable for planes to fly normally but it's also desirable for aircraft to remain intact if something catastrophic happens which might initiate unforeseen flight behaviour. Inversion or cork screwing induce phenomenal stress loading on the wings and fuselage, so flight may not be prolonged !!

I liked the post which stated wing design meant an inverted aircraft would necessarily plummet to earth.

As pointed out, aircraft only gain flight when sufficient thrust forces air around and under the wing to create lift. Since air is present during normal flight or inversion, it's therefore logical for flight to be possible either way,albeit trim would be reversed, as would column control, to avoid said plummeting !

Still, this was a nice piece of trickery that got a few of us thinking.

Remember, a plane needs to fly to stay up in the sky, the top of the wing creates LIFT so when it is flying up side down, where will the lift go,, D-O-W-N and down goes the plane. Should have focused more on the girls.

Your not really serious? cheesy.gif