Thai Premier Yingluck reassures Al Jazeera amnesty bill off the table

webfact

BANGKOK, 4 December (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has reassured Qatari broadcaster Al Jazeera that the controversial amnesty bill is now off the table.

It is off the table for another 145 days whatever it is at which time a similar but slightly different bill will then be rammed through parliament the same as last time and the government will go for broke again and just hope that nobody will bother to protest this time. The government needs to be removed before they have a chance to try and do so.

Miss Yingluck also told the reporter that the government was in control of the situation. Despite seizures of state offices, the government would carry on its operation as usual, adding that it is a “must” for the government to serve its people.

Since the PT administration came to power, prey tell what have they done to serve the people ? They can't continue doing what they never started. It would be nice if they would try and do some things to actually serve the 'people' instead of just serving the Fugitive...

She went on to say that the government respected the right to freedom of expression as long as it is under the law and democracy, while suggesting that the government would be open to talks and negotiations to find a solution to the prolonged political gridlock.

This administration is now trying to hide behind the law and democracy and the constitution having flouted the law numerous times and pissed all over the constitution with their continual immoral acts includding trying to impeach judges and not accepting the authority of the courts. They also released their private militia upon the people resulting in injuries and death. They have threatened and cajoled and blood is now on their hands.

Lastly, She said the 2010 crackdown had hurt the country enough already and she did not want to see any more deaths or injuries. She also asserted that, as the Prime Minister and Defense Minister of the country, the military should obey her command.

Why is she in charge of the military ? What does she know about it ? About as much as she knows about running a country - very little. If you don't want to see more deaths and injuries then why did you bus in red shirts to cause trouble ? Why did you unleash the black shirts ?

Kudos to Al Jazeera for trying to get through all the propaganda and report the truth and asking the difficult questions.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the woman credit for having a go but whenever I've seen her speaking to the media in English I can't help thinking why isn't someone advising her against this.

You see the interviewer's face just glazing over and you know those watching on television are just cringing with embarrassment for her.

Please Your Excellency...... don't put yourself and everyone else through it. It's not what a smart Thai lady would do.

However, the main reason I came to this thread was to comment about how badly she conveyed her answers to the interviewer. A lot of the time the interviewer had a deep frown on her face as if she was trying to understand what YS was saying.

YS was just babbling, almost panicking, and saying the usual words without forming many coherent sentences. It really was a poor performance. Even worse than her brother.

Quite.

And you have to keep reminding yourself, this is a person who successfully completed a Master's Degree completely in English!

Just how exactly did that happen, when her spoken English suggests she would severely struggle doing a GCSE in English, let alone a Master's? I mean, how?!

She majored in English for her bachelors degree at Chiang Mai U and did an MBA at the Uni of Kentucky but still a very poor show. Thaksin was already wealthy then and took care of her education. So all could have been bought and paid for at CMU and Kentucky is one of those state colleges that needs foreign MBA students to subsidise the in-state bachelors degree students.

It would be unfair to say she sounds like a bar girl but there are a lot of mamasans who sounds at least as good as that, if not better.

I believe you are right in everything you say here, except, she went to Kentucky State University instead of Uni. of Kentucky. smile.png

Watched in 5 minute blocks (i was cooking) it was bearable but amusing when taking the whole interview in context. Considering I have upwards of 200 speaking tests to listen to on Friday....I won't complain about my students speaking tests anymore.

My students have asked for real media to listen to for practice listening exercises rather than the canned listening included with the texts. I almost feel like playing 10 minutes of this dialogue to them (without any video). Then I would ask them to take notes about what they heard and then try to explain it to their group members. It would be a comical exercise but without any real educational value. No, I like my students too much to do that to them.

You can always find someone to write your thesis fopr a price, but how do you defend it orally? Oral thesis defense is usually a requirement for masters and higher degrees.

In case you didn't know, brown envelopes work in the US as well. The US is only the 19th least corrupt country.

• Like 1

The video on the forum is blocked for the US so I went to Al Jazeera's website and watched. I couldn't make it to the 8 min. mark. What a waste of time. I thank all of the posters who watched the whole thing and reported their opinions here. You are heartier souls than I.

However, the main reason I came to this thread was to comment about how badly she conveyed her answers to the interviewer. A lot of the time the interviewer had a deep frown on her face as if she was trying to understand what YS was saying.

YS was just babbling, almost panicking, and saying the usual words without forming many coherent sentences. It really was a poor performance. Even worse than her brother.

Quite.

And you have to keep reminding yourself, this is a person who successfully completed a Master's Degree completely in English!

Just how exactly did that happen, when her spoken English suggests she would severely struggle doing a GCSE in English, let alone a Master's? I mean, how?!

KSU must be very proud of her.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

That video was painful to watch. If the PM is not comfortable using English in an interview why not just use a translator? It almost sounded like she ran her answer in Thai through google translate....

I think she doesn´t understand how bad her english is.

I saw her on a British network the other day.... What I took away was how poorly she answered questions. Shocking how incoherant she is for a PM.

Ever seen the driving skill of a person who just paid money to acquire a driving license?

• Like 1

Watched in 5 minute blocks (i was cooking) it was bearable but amusing when taking the whole interview in context. Considering I have upwards of 200 speaking tests to listen to on Friday....I won't complain about my students speaking tests anymore.

My students have asked for real media to listen to for practice listening exercises rather than the canned listening included with the texts. I almost feel like playing 10 minutes of this dialogue to them (without any video). Then I would ask them to take notes about what they heard and then try to explain it to their group members. It would be a comical exercise but without any real educational value. No, I like my students too much to do that to them.

You can always find someone to write your thesis fopr a price, but how do you defend it orally? Oral thesis defense is usually a requirement for masters and higher degrees.

You could always try the Sarah Palin interview with Katie Couric and see if they do any better with that.

If you live overseas, and away from your brother/sister what is normal ??? would you talk to him/her everyday ?? I would say never for sure, not even once a week, maybe on the phone for birthdays and Xmas etc.

If he wasn't telling porky pies why is he still interested in politics ??? because he wouldn't be phoning her talking about shopping malls, so out of the ordinary they phone every day just to say Hello ???

The very bright and intelligent reporter facing Yingluck Knows exactly what's going on here--it showed up a mile. This PM did herself no favours on TV. If her English was even decent she would still not have been able to answer truthfully--open book- blatant cover-up for her cronies.

I saw her on a British network the other day.... What I took away was how poorly she answered questions. Shocking how incoherant she is for a PM.

Ever seen the driving skill of a person who just paid money to acquire a driving license?

I see it daily here in Esaan. Not a pretty sight.

• Like 1

Quite.

She majored in English for her bachelors degree at Chiang Mai U and did an MBA at the Uni of Kentucky but still a very poor show. Thaksin was already wealthy then and took care of her education. So all could have been bought and paid for at CMU and Kentucky is one of those state colleges that needs foreign MBA students to subsidise the in-state bachelors degree students.

It would be unfair to say she sounds like a bar girl but there are a lot of mamasans who sounds at least as good as that, if not better.

I believe you are right in everything you say here, except, she went to Kentucky State University instead of Uni. of Kentucky. smile.png

That is correct. She went to KSU. She would have never been accepted as a student at UK.