Loxinfo Increase Prices

petedk

I have just received a letter from Loxinfo stating that thw DSL basic 256/128 package at 590 Baht pr. month will now be discontinued and that a new Premium ADSL 256/128 will be intoduced at 690 Baht per month.

Ok they do offer to upgrade to 512/256 for 1 year at the same price! After that it'll cost 850 baht pr. month. So I guess I'll have to pay the 100 baht a month more and go for the 512/256. They know only too well that after using 512/256 for a year I am not likely to go back to 256/128. What a great way to increase prices!!!!!.

Does anyone have any experience with this package? (512/256). Is it worth upgrading or should I change providers?

Have any of the other providers talked about increasing prices?

Sounds like the way they jacked up their dial in prices last year.

The old 300 baht a month was dropped and you got an upgrade to 600 baht and a bigger mail box...........

petedk, what speeds do you get from speakeasy.net speed test for your package? I'm considering loxinfo as an ISP.

Hi Firefoxx

I usually get around 210 - 218 kbps download and 64 -70 kbps upload on the Chicago server. I don't know how this compares with other providers but generally I am satisfied.

One other good thing about Loxinfo in my opinion is their service. I had problems with my ADSL after moving address and they sent someone to my house to help me solve them. Does True do the same?

True will send someone to your place, after you go through their nightmarish customer service. The service visit may or may not help... chances are it won't help. Might even make it worse. True is very inconsistant... or consistantly inconsistant, and consistantly incompetant.

You get about the same speeds as True's 2.5megabit package. That goes to show just how gosh-darn excellent True's service is. I'm being sarcastic here, just in case someone misinterprets this.