Non B extension of stay to Non O

Hi all,

This is for my friend.

He is currently on an extension of stay based on Business (from an entry on a Non Imm B Visa). This will expire soon.

He is very soon getting married and will get his extensions of stay based on Marriage from now on.

What's the process here? Does he need to leave the country to get a Non Imm O (Marriage) and then extend at CW or can he do it all in Bangkok?

Thanks.

No need for a different visa. Just change reason for extension of stay to marriage and have all the required documents for it. If he has income of 40k baht he can use it by showing tax payments and his work permit.

Thanks Ubonjoe, so just go to CW at some point in the last 30 days of his extension of stay with all the relevant paperwork at the 400,000K in the bank (he will use this option) and it's all good?

Edited by jimmiejackson

I did this last year and there was no issue. Just make sure you do have the correct documents. Also, note when you change the visa extension type, the visa expiration date will change to starting from the date that your extension is approved. So you might want to do it closer to the end of the visa extension to not lose too many days. I lost about 4 days when I converted.

I did this last year and there was no issue. Just make sure you do have the correct documents. Also, note when you change the visa extension type, the visa expiration date will change to starting from the date that your extension is approved. So you might want to do it closer to the end of the visa extension to not lose too many days. I lost about 4 days when I converted.

There should be no change of the date the extension starts when changing the reason for the extension. It will start from the current permit to stay date.

Not sure what you actually did since you wrote conversion.