Why Venture Into The Pattaya Forum...

Ted

I'm not easily drawn into discussions like this, but I not always understand why there are people who don't see at l;east some positives in the place...

For me it's pretty simple. CONVENIENCE...

I live basically in the boonies, yet only 10 minutes away from a town offering a plethora of great restaurants, good shopping (where in Thailand can you find 2 Big C's, 2 Lotus's, a Carrefour, a Tops, Friendship, Best friend, soon a Villa supermarket and Foodland, all within a 10 to 15 minutes driving distance!), good nightlife (both sleazy and decent upmarket)... The list can go on...

Lots of good golf courses within 30 minutes driving distance... International schools...pristine beaches (not talking about Pattaya, but Bang Saen, Rayong, Koh Samet, all quicker to be reached then it takes to drive 10 km in Bangkok during peak hours...)

There is more to Pattaya then what lies between third road and Beach road...

The trouble is Monty, that you, I and countless others can make post after post, pointing out all the good things that Pattaya and the surrounding environs have to offer that has nothing to do with the area between Beach and 3rd road, (not that there's anything wrong with that either), but the bashers and haters don't give a toss. They just ignore everything we say and go for the so-called sleaze that exists in the red light area. They ignore the 5 million annual tourists, many of whom are families - some with children - who have wonderful holidays that are not related to Pattaya's sex industry. My own daughter and husband have just enjoyed a delightful holiday here without going near a bar or walking street.

Then they scream about all the so-called crime against farangs, and people like Kerryd and others do a bit of research and point out that Pattaya is no worse, and in all likelihood a lot better than almost any vacation spot they care to name around the world. But do they take note? Not on your bloody nelly.

They've got the bit between their teeth and they aint about to give an inch. And can you believe all these bashers and haters actually live in Thailand?

Don't know why I bother - It has no effect on me, my life or my family.

I just detest the hypocracy and injustice of it all. :o

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any thing goes here. A young male western fashion model with a 50 year old Thai women (I know this couple, he has a mother fetish) a 60 years old 200 kilo German with a 20 year old 4'2" Thai women (I know his couple too) no one cares. Tourists and Bangkok princesses slumming it for the weekend may stare but Pattayans wouldn't even look twice. 70 year old gay man in skin tight pink spandex, so what?

Ok, just read this good post in another topic. Outside the nightlife scene has Pattaya got an excitment that you cannot find anywhere else in Thailand? I know some people like the kind of wild west feel of the place, does that make it stand out from other parts of Thailand?

Now I have to admit my ignorance of other places, which I mostly have visited as a tourist (a bit like Bkk nows Pattaya)

I haven't ventured much out of the Eastern Seaboard area lately, but if we are comparing for example Hua Hin and Pattaya, there still are some major differences in convenience. I know they have the big lotus and homepro now, but where to find the french cheeses like Carrefour stocks, or the imported beers one can find in Friendship?

If I need computer parts I just walk into TukCom, and for the less computerminded we have some very good and helpfull specialits around (DCO).

5 Years ago I did a monthly trip to Panthip, then the trip became shorter with TukCom Sri Racha, and now I buy behind my corner...

And as an added bonus, all this competition in Pattaya keeps prices down... Why would you think a hardened publican like Lampard drives down to Pattaya all the way from Surin to stock up on his whatever needs???

Well, maybe it becomes clear I'm kinda lazy, and expect to find everything on my doorstep :o:D

Still, I live here (Eastern Seaboard in general, not necceseraly Pattaya) for almost 14 years, and although it's changed completely, I still like the place...

The trouble is Monty, that you, I and countless others can make post after post, pointing out all the good things that Pattaya and the surrounding environs have to offer that has nothing to do with the area between Beach and 3rd road, (not that there's anything wrong with that either), but the bashers and haters don't give a toss. They just ignore everything we say and go for the so-called sleaze that exists in the red light area. They ignore the 5 million annual tourists, many of whom are families - some with children - who have wonderful holidays that are not related to Pattaya's sex industry. My own daughter and husband have just enjoyed a delightful holiday here without going near a bar or walking street.

Then they scream about all the so-called crime against farangs, and people like Kerryd and others do a bit of research and point out that Pattaya is no worse, and in all likelihood a lot better than almost any vacation spot they care to name around the world. But do they take note? Not on your bloody nelly.

They've got the bit between their teeth and they aint about to give an inch. And can you believe all these bashers and haters actually live in Thailand?

Don't know why I bother - It has no effect on me, my life or my family.

I just detest the hypocracy and injustice of it all. :o

I hope you don't count me along that lot, I have a website that points out many great aspects of Pattaya from the restaurants to the attractions to the golf courses etc.

I'm just curious as to what makes it stand out above other parts of Thailand that also have these benefits when it also seems to have so many disadvantages as well.

[

I hope you don't count me along that lot, I have a website that points out many great aspects of Pattaya from the restaurants to the attractions to the golf courses etc.

I'm just curious as to what makes it stand out above other parts of Thailand that also have these benefits when it also seems to have so many disadvantages as well.

No Mate. Constructive criticism is fine - there's plenty wrong with Pattaya, I would never deny it - same as anywhere. It's people like nam the prick who make stupid statements like "farangs in Pattaya are the lowest of the low", that get my goat.

Like Monty, I'm not an expert on other vaction areas; but I have made a few trips to Hua Hin, Cha Am, Phuket and Koh Samui so they certainly were considered before moving to Pattaya.

First and foremost I like the convenience of Pattaya vs these other places in terms of getting to the airport, Bangkok, North Eastern Thailand, Cambodia, etc etc.

I was in Phuket last year and it struck me that apart from that huge Central complex, there's not much to match Pattaya in terms of stores, shopping etc, and what there is, is all spread out all over the place. Beautiful beaches, (better than here), but I don't think the same level of infrastructure that I enjoy here. The same would apply even more to Hua Hin, Cha Am and Koh Samui. Of course its horses for courses, and for those expats who only want the simple, sea view life , and are not bothered about the food stores, computer outlets and all those other things, then its the place for them. I'm certainly not going to knock it - or bash it. :o

It's got to the point every week there is someone who comes into the Pattaya forums and slates the place off, everyone jumps to its defence and the poster is never seen or heard from again (Nanprick has only made 3 postings on the entire forums anyway)

Pattaya has its good points and its bad, but people love or hate it, I just cant understand why those that live there and hate it so much dont just bugga off back to where ever they came from and leave the people who enjoy Pattaya alone

I think whenever a posting that slates off Pattaya should either be deleted or just not replied to and let it die a sad and lonely death (all the poster does is pee everyone off, anyway :D )

WHY should tourists and expats have to justify why they come and live in Pattaya to every dingbat that posts in here :o

I'm not easily drawn into discussions like this, but I not always understand why there are people who don't see at l;east some positives in the place...

For me it's pretty simple. CONVENIENCE...

I live basically in the boonies, yet only 10 minutes away from a town offering a plethora of great restaurants, good shopping (where in Thailand can you find 2 Big C's, 2 Lotus's, a Carrefour, a Tops, Friendship, Best friend, soon a Villa supermarket and Foodland, all within a 10 to 15 minutes driving distance!), good nightlife (both sleazy and decent upmarket)... The list can go on...

Lots of good golf courses within 30 minutes driving distance... International schools...pristine beaches (not talking about Pattaya, but Bang Saen, Rayong, Koh Samet, all quicker to be reached then it takes to drive 10 km in Bangkok during peak hours...)

Monty,

Your list of quality items brings home the point, they are way to busy noticing the negatives to ever take the time to see the good side of Pty. :o

Can't wait for the new motorway to be finished which will make the weekend 'sleaze' runs to bkk much easier. :D

I for one am very happy enjoying the good side of town and thank my stars that my company has choosen to open up shop here. :D

BKK - all applies to BKK if the truth be known aside from culture bit.

Well thats partially true, but I wouldn't choose to live in BKK if I had the choice either, the pollution for one thing does my head in. :o

One thing Monty said:

Thats fair enough, I have to show my ignorance of Pattaya here and tell you thats I've only been to the bars areas when I've been there, but don't all the associated problems that come with tourism (tuk tuk mafia, muggings etc.) effect the expats that that are living away from these Beach Road?

[/color]In a word, NO, once out of the core area it turns into a 'typical' thai setting.

Taking up Brits point again, in Bangkok its easy to avoid the tourist areas, and you can get around minding your own business quite easily, but in Pattaya is it not a bit too 'full on' all the time no matter where you are?

Pretty much the same reply as above, it is quite easy to avoid the tourists if one is so inclined.

I understand yours and Montys point that it does have a lot of great facilties for both expats and tourists, but thats something easily found elsewhere. It seems that with Pattaya you get the advantages of living in Thailand but a lot of crime and whatever else comes along with it as well so why choose Pattaya above say Phuket or Krabi or Hua Hin for example? Seems you get the same attractions there and much of the same convenience but without as much hassle.

It would be very interesting to see a 'pin' map of the reported crimes in Pty but I can speculate that the vast majority would be stuck in the 3 Rd to Beach Rd quadrant.

Nice to see your always entertaining point of view Bkk.

Edited by dvk1951

Nice to see your always entertaining point of view Bkk.

Didn't quite know how to take that, I didn't even crack a joke. :D

Thanks for your views Mobi, I kind of thought that Phuket would be just as well set up expat wise as Pattaya is to be honest. Only living in Bangkok I never really find out what its like to shop for cheeses elsewhere. I'll be working on expat shopping sections on my site soon so be a bit more informed then, until then maybe a few more trips to Pattaya are neccessary, purely for research reasons of course. :o

So I suppose one major advantage Pattaya has over anywhere else is its a comfortable place to live, and I expect more easily adapted to for the newbie foreigner than other parts of the country. I always liked the idea of Sri Racha really, nice and quiet and perfectly between bkk and patters for the conveniences.

Concerning your nampricks and that kind that you get in here, why do you lot even bother responding to them? They are only trolling about for a reaction and get it so easy in this section its no wonder they keep coming back.

My wife is Chinese bad tempered and generally as miserable as sin. Took me over a year to get her to even step out of the Dusit, which was only achieved after countless trips made up of of me looking for the holiday des res with her moaning about the reputation of the place while spending a bloody fortune in the hotel's spa and my life savings on golf extortionately booked by the front desk. To this day she has still never set foot in Walking Street ( thank God ) but loves the place to death and has encouraged three of her pals to buy property and hopefully take the bitch off my hands during retirement. Admittedly we live out in the sticks and can easily avoid the sleeze ( well she can, I have to get the toaster fixed at regular intervals which takes hours and hours .......tee hee ) but if someone like her ( trust me I am underestimating her bad points ) can learn to the love the place so can anyone with half an open mind if you allow yourself not to be blinkered and venture farther than Soi 6.

My wife is Chinese bad tempered and generally as miserable as sin. Took me over a year to get her to even step out of the Dusit, which was only achieved after countless trips made up of of me looking for the holiday des res with her moaning about the reputation of the place while spending a bloody fortune in the hotel's spa and my life savings on golf extortionately booked by the front desk. To this day she has still never set foot in Walking Street ( thank God ) but loves the place to death and has encouraged three of her pals to buy property and hopefully take the bitch off my hands during retirement. Admittedly we live out in the sticks and can easily avoid the sleeze ( well she can, I have to get the toaster fixed at regular intervals which takes hours and hours .......tee hee ) but if someone like her ( trust me I am underestimating her bad points ) can learn to the love the place so can anyone with half an open mind if you allow yourself not to be blinkered and venture farther than Soi 6.

Totally off topic - hel_l why not?

I had one like that - well, half Chinese - took me 26 years to get rid of her. When I finally did, my two daughters asked me why I hadn't dumped the bitch years ago? And there I was, holding everything together for the sake of the kids.

Anyway. it was the best thing I ever did - now I'm really happy with a new wife and new family, and two wonderfully supportive daughters from my 'other' marriage. :D

In Pattaya as well :o:D

My own daughter and husband have just enjoyed a delightful holiday here without going near a bar or walking street.

Moby - you have a husband??? :o

Is there a Mobi 1 and 2 ?

If so can you sign off Mobi 1 or Mobi 2 just so we know who's who..... :D

My own daughter and husband have just enjoyed a delightful holiday here without going near a bar or walking street.

Moby - you have a husband??? :o

Being a gemini, there's at least two of us swatting away out there :D

Moby may have a husband, but not Mobi. (At least not the last time I checked - but who knows in Sin City Pattaya?? :D )

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Moby - you have a husband??? :D

Come on Brit!! Even I know that Mobi means "his own daughter and "HER" husband" in this sentence. So someone who writes articles for the local rag should be able to decipher the meaning!!

And as for this effort from thaiflyer1 - You started on the Chang a bit early or something, everybody knows there's only one Mobi!! :o:D

Of course there can ONLY be ONE mobi

I have noticed Namprick never returned to reply to any of the replies that were made about his rant :o

Seems like him just threw that comment to inflame everyone (and it worked, the little twerp)

I must say sorry for my rant.

Thank you for inform me that none of the Farangs in Pattaya are there for the girls. I am delighted to read that all of the readers here live in Pattaya are there for Lotus department store, the cinemas and the diving.

I will tell all my friends that none of the farangs living in Pattaya are interest in the loose girls. Amazing place that is Pattaya, i advise for every Farang in the world.

You think Thai people dont know why you live in Pattaya?

well i live in pattaya and for the moment i will remain here, i am concerned about the increase in serious crime, if it continues unabaited tourism will decline resulting in finacial instability for many and a further breakdown of both finacial and social standards, result = more crime

i like pattaya and i want to keep it that way, the authorities need to get to grips now before it gets out of control, they need us they need tourists otherwise this place goes down the toilet.

I'm with you on this one, although nothing untoward has aver happened to me (touch wood) there is a general feeling that Pattaya ugly side is becoming bigger. The police need to act and act now to destroy the moto gangs and get the guns and yabba off the streets. Is it just me or am I really noticing more and more dodgy characters hanging around Beach Road, just looking like trouble.

prik[/color]' date='2006-05-13 10:51:51' post='744686']

Thank you for inform me that none of the Farangs in Pattaya are there for the girls. I am delighted to read that all of the readers here live in Pattaya are there for Lotus department store, the cinemas and the diving.

I will tell all my friends that none of the farangs living in Pattaya are interest in the loose girls. Amazing place that is Pattaya, i advise for every Farang in the world.

You should get a job as a comdedian.

You are so hilarious, so ironic, so clever.... :o:D

namprik' date='2006-05-13 10:51:51' post='744686']

You should get a job as a comdedian.

You are so hilarious, so ironic, so clever.... :o:D

I laughed as well when I read that. To make such broad generalizations about why people are here shows a distinct lack of knowledge on behalf of the poster.

I can't fart around here without everyone in the building talking about it the next day.

If I was here for the reasons namprik is alluding to, I think I would be treated about the same as the BGs that live here. How ever, I'm treated more like a member of the family (maybe the "black sheep" or "white sheep" of the family ?), unlike the Thai BGs.

And what about the married people living here ? Are they here just to have cheap sex with willing women ? And what about the people that work here ?

I very much doubt that Thai people give a toss as to why farang live in Pattaya.

One does have to wonder why it matters so much to you though.

Your petulant albeit derisory words strongly suggest that you have had a bad experience in Pattaya.

So what happened to you, burned by a bargirl? Buggered by a barboy?

Do tell… :D

There again it could simply be that you have never been to Pattaya yet crave the opportunity to do so.

Perhaps the purpose of your rant was to provoke lurid accounts of steamy sex sessions thereby providing you with masturbatory material to fuel your nightly kite flying fantasies.

You Pattaya bashing members of the Tissue Box Brigade really are so transparent.

What a sad bunch… :o

Maybe you should consider the fact that i for one don't give a toss what you, your friends or other thai's think about me and why i live in pattaya.

(silent Nam) Prick. :o

Edited by davethailand

Even my partner an English teacher say that Farang in Pattaya are the lower class of foreign people.

"Thais dont give a toss about the Farang lives in Pattaya" wrong farang man, we think you are there because you can't find a wife in your home country. So, you go to Pattaya for banks system. convinient near Bangok, fast food, golf is not any other the reader so stupid enough to belief this?

Write what you want readers. But i speak the truth, you live in Pattaya for the cheap Isaan sex and because you cant find a wife in your home country.

Flame me/////

Even my partner an English teacher say that Farang in Pattaya are the lower class of foreign people.

"Thais dont give a toss about the Farang lives in Pattaya" wrong farang man, we think you are there because you can't find a wife in your home country. So, you go to Pattaya for banks system. convinient near Bangok, fast food, golf is not any other the reader so stupid enough to belief this?

Write what you want readers. But i speak the truth, you live in Pattaya for the cheap Isaan sex and because you cant find a wife in your home country.

Flame me/////

Even my partner an English teacher say that Farang in Pattaya are the lower class of foreign people

oohhhh what a put down, being called lower class by an english teacher! :o

You've really landed on your feet there have'nt you. :D

Why are'nt you with a rich thai man then?

Where did your partner meet you? in a salon? at the shops? certainly not in a bar i'm sure?

TROLL. :D

Edited by davethailand

Flame me/////

Even my partner an English teacher say that Farang in Pattaya are the lower class of foreign people

Where did your partner meet you? in a salon? at the shops?

You can look down on my partner because he is the english teacher?

I saw your avator dave, you have a beautiful girlfriend! where did you meet her - at Bangkok Bank, temple fair or a go-go bar full of loose Isarn women! Pathetic sex-pat!

What a beautiful girl Dave have in his avator!

Let me go to some Pattaya bar straight on!

Any Farang have education know that 'are'nt' is not any word, you write it 'aren't'. Dont look down on me Farang man

Edited by Namprik

Flame me/////

The fount of all knowledge, no doubt.

Pity he/she didn't spend a bit more of his/her spare time teaching you how to write decent English. :D

BTW you're so pathetic, you're not worth flaming.

(You're probably right Dave) :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Flame me/////

Where did your partner meet you? in a salon? at the shops?

You can look down on my partner because he is the english teacher?

I saw your avator dave, you have a beautiful girlfriend! where did you meet her - at Bangkok Bank, temple fair or a go-go bar full of loose Isarn women! Pathetic sex-pat!

Let me go to some Pattaya bar straight on!

Any Farang have education know that 'are'nt' is not any word, you write it 'aren't'. Dont look down on me Farang man

Your embarressing yourself now :D Stop it.

Nothing wrong with English teachers BTW. Not sure about their taste in women. :D

TROLL.

Edited by davethailand