Using Multiple Bank Accounts to Sum to 400k for Non-Imm O Extension of Stay

I would like to get yearly non-immigrant O extensions of stay based on the fact I am the father of a Thai son (2 years old)

It is my understanding I need to show proof of 400,000 thb in a Thai bank account.

I would like to know if I can show 200,000 in one account and 200,000 in another or if the 400,000 needs to be in one account. Please let me know if you have any experience.

--matt

Regardless of what the rules say, I've always found it helps to make things as clear and easy as possible for the officer. Our local office suggested I use a Thai bank, one account and keep it really simple. I did and they were happy I listened.

One lettter, one bank book, nice and simple.Up to you though either way.

• Like 2

I'm sure it will depend to a degree on your particular immigration office (and immigration officer).

Here in Pattaya I usually have the money for my retirement visa split between two Thai bank accounts - one Siam Commercial and one Bangkok Bank - and that's never been a problem. However one year I had it split between four Thai bank accounts. The officer renewed my visa, but complained that it would be too much paperwork for them to check in the future. So I checked with him: "in the future two accounts okay?" He replied "okay".

So now I just split it between the two accounts.

I read this topic with envy.

It took me months to find a bank that would accept me on a tourist visa so that I could deposit 400k for my 1st Non Imm O visa (spouse) + Extension.

My second extension is being processed & I'm still continuously rejected for not having a WP. I'm in Bang Kapi in Bangkok about to move to a small town in Uthai Thani whose TMB similarly just turned me down.

As I have also been turned down for internet banking for the same reason, I face a drive of up to 5 hours every time I have to sign something at my bank (which is their preferred method of banking in the electronic age).

It took me months to find a bank that would accept me on a tourist visa so that I could deposit 400k for my 1st Non Imm O visa (spouse) + Extension.

My second extension is being processed & I'm still continuously rejected for not having a WP.  I'm in Bang Kapi in Bangkok about to move to a small town in Uthai Thani whose TMB similarly just turned me down. 

As I have also been turned down for internet banking for the same reason, I face a drive of up to 5 hours every time I have to sign something at my bank (which is their preferred method of banking in the electronic age).

Your wife should be able to be your guarantor to open an account. My wife has done it for me at Bangkok Bank. I had internet banking set up within hour after opening the account.
  • Like 1

My second extension is being processed & I'm still continuously rejected for not having a WP. I'm in Bang Kapi in Bangkok about to move to a small town in Uthai Thani whose TMB similarly just turned me down.

Your wife should be able to be your guarantor to open an account. My wife has done it for me at Bangkok Bank. I had internet banking set up within hour after opening the account.

try K bank got my account on t visa about 4 year ago

• Like 1

try K bank got my account on t visa about 4 year ago

Indeed, K bank. Got an account april this year without a visa, just the 30 day allowance.

• Like 1

Regardless of what the rules say, I've always found it helps to make things as clear and easy as possible for the officer. Our local office suggested I use a Thai bank, one account and keep it really simple. I did and they were happy I listened.

One letter, from whom? The notarized letter from the consulate always seems bogus to me, as they have no idea how much my pension is, or even whether I get a pension. Will a letter from my bank suffice, to tell them that I get that regular deposit (of my pension) every month? This has been the case for almost three years.

One letter, from whom? The notarized letter from the consulate always seems bogus to me, as they have no idea how much my pension is, or even whether I get a pension. Will a letter from my bank suffice, to tell them that I get that regular deposit (of my pension) every month? This has been the case for almost three years.
Letter from bank is to confirm bank balance of 400k or 800k dependent upon the extension you are getting.

For proof of income the income letter from embassy or consulate is the only thing accepted by immigration.

Thanks for the replies.

I am the legal father of my son (by birth). My name is on the birth certificate--the extension requires 400k in a bank account?

Citibank does not give a passbook, but does have e-statements and will issue letters for free (citigold) regarding the balance. Both accounts needed a purpose for creating the account...and a visa with over 6 months duration.

--matt

Thanks for the replies.

I am the legal father of my son (by birth). My name is on the birth certificate--the extension requires 400k in a bank account?

Citibank does not give a passbook, but does have e-statements and will issue letters for free (citigold) regarding the balance. Both accounts needed a purpose for creating the account...and a visa with over 6 months duration.

--matt

Unless you were married to mother of child or have had your parenthood legitimized you are not considered the legal father of your child and will not get an extension.

See this topic for info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/