Anti-Thaksin guards shot and wounded at Democracy Monument and Finance Min

webfact

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"further id prefer to believe my wives niece and friends since i know them but i guess you'll just believe what fits in your mindset and any red BS given to you "

"Funny how you find it funny to take the word from people in the crowd to be silly"

What I find funny is that someone who is trusting news given to them in third, or perhaps even fourth and fifth hand is accusing others of blindly believing what they are told. Can´t you see the irony in that? I do think that it is irresponsible and perhaps even dangerous to publish speculations of who attacked who when you don´t really know. Especially in the kind of situation that we have right now in Bangkok.

• Like 1

"further id prefer to believe my wives niece and friends since i know them but i guess you'll just believe what fits in your mindset and any red BS given to you "

"Funny how you find it funny to take the word from people in the crowd to be silly"

What I find funny is that someone who is trusting news given to them in third, or perhaps even fourth and fifth hand is accusing others of blindly believing what they are told. Can´t you see the irony in that? I do think that it is irresponsible and perhaps even dangerous to publish speculations of who attacked who when you don´t really know. Especially in the kind of situation that we have right now in Bangkok.

So at least you're a virgin to the situation and can avoid my posts. Educate yourself; there are these things we call youtube, news, international press. Have a cool 10th post and a good time on week one i the big mango. Thaksin is hiring martyrs as he did before. As well as hitmen, If you ever met Abhisit you would not troll such nonsense otherwise. A little female dog and its offspring named Yingluck avoiding all debates and challenges,seminar, meetings with Abhisit. Why is that??Hello??? You done with the mesmerism of booze and girls? Reality. C'mon.

• Like 1

"A little common sense goes a long way, huh? And looking at the past to know the present and future; it's not rocket science. Abhisit has no security and parades around Bangkok facing charges, giving interviews. Had two seminars recently where he came in person. Now, Thaksin is running by skype with a total army of hired security. C'mon. In addition there is great opposition to him among former red shirts. Former ones in my office are tired of being shafted and turned to the anti gov't crowd, which does not any longer associate with a shirt color. You are a backwood, uncouth, foolish country bumpkin with no knowledge beyond the micro view of getting handouts when you are not blacking out due to alcolohism to not notice the blatantly obvious!. Not too much to analyze there.

That we keep seeing a red reaction to those trying to stop oligarchies is not a surprise; nor the re-appearance of soldiers for hire, rented mobs, and those hired to incite violence to proclaim themselves a martyr. Was used countless times in the past as a tactic that works time and again."

You certainly do like to speculate, but I´ve yet to see you backing up any of your rantings with any solid proof. And how anyone can praise Suthep and Abhisit as some sort of role-models that you should look up to is just mind-boggling.
You do realize that these two gentlemen were the ones in power during 2010 when almost 100 people were killed? 1 of who was proper assasinated with a headshot by a sniper..
  • Like 2

"A little common sense goes a long way, huh? And looking at the past to know the present and future; it's not rocket science. Abhisit has no security and parades around Bangkok facing charges, giving interviews. Had two seminars recently where he came in person. Now, Thaksin is running by skype with a total army of hired security. C'mon. In addition there is great opposition to him among former red shirts. Former ones in my office are tired of being shafted and turned to the anti gov't crowd, which does not any longer associate with a shirt color. You are a backwood, uncouth, foolish country bumpkin with no knowledge beyond the micro view of getting handouts when you are not blacking out due to alcolohism to not notice the blatantly obvious!. Not too much to analyze there.

That we keep seeing a red reaction to those trying to stop oligarchies is not a surprise; nor the re-appearance of soldiers for hire, rented mobs, and those hired to incite violence to proclaim themselves a martyr. Was used countless times in the past as a tactic that works time and again."

You certainly do like to speculate, but I´ve yet to see you backing up any of your rantings with any solid proof. And how anyone can praise Suthep and Abhisit as some sort of role-models that you should look up to is just mind-boggling.
You do realize that these two gentlemen were the ones in power during 2010 when almost 100 people were killed? 1 of who was proper assasinated with a headshot by a sniper..

They were in power and whatever they did was in line with Thai laws and Thai constitution. More than 100 people died only because of red mobsters who occupied the financial centre of Bangkok for months and months causing billions of US dollar in loss revenue to their own country and leaving few dozen thousand of Thais without any income. Abhisit was the most competent PM Thailand has had for a long time. A fact that only brain-dead and brainwashed individual could deny.

• Like 1

So I guess we see where all the VIOLENCE comes from and it is not the anti-government protesters!

Just heard from an eye witness, that in Ramkhamhaeng the anti-government protesters started the violence.

But who cares? Everyone just wants to believe, what fits into his mindset the best!

further id prefer to believe my wives niece and friends since i know them but i guess you'll just believe what fits in your mindset and any red BS given to you

yes i would also prefer to belive to know what the people see on the ground rarther than baffled news reports. I also know for a fact that south Thais ( some of the older ones ) are in Bangkok because of what happened in the university which is mainly full of Southerners. Now maybe it is all BS but i dount they would be going up there for a holday

I'd prefer to believe the reports of the several foreign journalists who were there who tweeted things as they happened, which also tallies with pictures of the event, the Bangkok Post's report of the event, and the witness account given in Prachatai. Any other anecdotal claim must now be checked against this, especially if it comes from a biased source. Incidentally, there were claims apparently by a volunteer nurse at RU that four students had died and that another one had lost a limb due to an M79. I do not know whether there was a real student nurse, but this story was believed by a lot of anti-govt people (and still seems to be), despite the fact that there's no other evidence to back it up.

My friend is also friends with a local red leader who gave his theory of his events but I haven't bothered telling anyone because it's from an obviously biased source and should be taken with a large pinch of salt. From reading the reports, the simplest explanation is best. Students attacked reds, the more hardcore reds came out to protect the stadium, one of the red guards may have fired the first shot but there were shots being exchanged by both sides and the reds came off worse. I believe some reds might have chased the hardcore group of students into the university and exchanged sporadic gunfire early on Sunday morning.

Plus I'm willing to believe this niece exists and is telling the truth about what she believes happened, but there's still no explanation of how she got herself involved in the fight between the two hardcore groups. Her story is the same one being put out by the anti-govt side, that they witnessed the 'black shirt' who was photographed, changing out of a red shirt into a black one (which also links him to the UDD, so what was the point?) - did she actually see this herself, or is she going on what she's read on the internet or heard from other students?

• Like 1

So at least you're a virgin to the situation and can avoid my posts. Educate yourself; there are these things we call youtube, news, international press. Have a cool 10th post and a good time on week one i the big mango. Thaksin is hiring martyrs as he did before. As well as hitmen, If you ever met Abhisit you would not troll such nonsense otherwise. A little female dog and its offspring named Yingluck avoiding all debates and challenges,seminar, meetings with Abhisit. Why is that??Hello??? You done with the mesmerism of booze and girls? Reality. C'mon.

It´s funny how your logic tells you that because I have only 10 posts that I´m "fresh off the boat". I guess it´s the same logic you use in your rantings on how good it is to occupy government buildings and threaten the media, and dictating what they can and can´t broadcast because you lost an election. I´m sure Abhisit is very proud of you being such a loyal fanboi.

Actually I´ve lived in Bkk since 2006, pre coup. And while I was living very close to Lumphini in 2010 (Sathorn), I found it more interesting to follow the events in the streets instead of through an internet forum. Naturally I followed the media too, it was difficult to get all news otherwise, due to the curfew.. I didn´t realize this was some competition on who has lived the longest in LoS.

I don´t have PhD in Thai politics, but I do think I´m fairly educated though.

Instead of just spewing hate on Thaksin and the ´redshirts´, wouldn´t it be better to come up with some real thoughts on how to make things better, and how to win the next election, you know, like in any ´normal´ democracy?

• Like 1

So I guess we see where all the VIOLENCE comes from and it is not the anti-government protesters!

Just heard from an eye witness, that in Ramkhamhaeng the anti-government protesters started the violence.

But who cares? Everyone just wants to believe, what fits into his mindset the best!

my wives niece is at Ramkhamheng and she saw red shirts change into black caring guns and firing from bushes at students She is a sweet girl who would not hem a fly yet protested because she was fed up like many and was/is shit scared of red shirts since all in BKK had experience of what they id in 2010

the black-clad actions are copied from the Khmer Rouge. This was a tactic from Polpot. Think Arisam. They appeared the same time as Arisam ...

this one is not so far off the truth http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2013/11/thailand-as-promised-regime-deploys.html

Edited by wealth

I guess you just see what you want to see and ignore the rest. It's about time these undemocratic hooligans fecked off home, enough is enough!

• Like 2

As usual speculations are the best sport on The Nation (and on TV forum) biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

What are you saying, that when the redshirts are accused of violence it is speculation and when the Anti corrupt government protesters are accused then it is fact ?

"Anti corrupt government protesters"

Surely you mean Corrupt anti government protesters.

such a sad waste... people giving their lives to help one corrupt guy take power from another...

if only those at the top would show half as much bravery by stopping this childish squabble

instead of blaming each other why doesn't one / both sides accept they need to change themselves...?

Don't know what you mean, this situation has bee made because the current government change the laws to make everything that is illegal legal as it suites them but not the same for everyone else

This has to be stopped. People have to get us and do something about it.

The final straw was when they tried to change to law giving amnesty to all yingluks and Thaksin goons but not to anyone else

Abbist and Sutep have been charged with murder for deploying the army when the men in black were throwing grenades at the police and shooting people from roof tops

Not being funny but what would have happened of he did not call the army in?

Then you have the stupid bbc taking the red shirts side even though the police back in the UK shot an in armed man who had nothing to do with the bus bombings saying that Abbhist was wrong for calling in the army when bangkok was being attacked

sometimes my 1-year old son slaps my 3-year daughter, if she tries to retaliate i break them up - she normally protests her innocence by saying words to the effect of "he started it" or "he's a naughty boy" but i tell her two wrongs don't make a right and that she should set a good example to her younger brother

likewise, the fact that yingluck (looks aside) is bad, does not mean overthrowing her by the force of "peaceful" protests is a sensible solution, rather it will inevitably lead to a continuation / escalation of the troubles

The only thing you are teaching your kids is to get bullied. In real life if someone hits you and you don't hit them back twice as hard then you become the victim

I always teach my kids. If someone hits you that smack them back harder!

How would you go about over throwing a dictator policy. I am open to suggestions really

Thaksin ragieam is that based on dictatorship

Everyone knows you can only over through a dictator by force. Look at Iraq , Lebia, cyria, Iran ( if they could )

Your are clouded by a dream of democracy working to help the people unfortunately you are miss lead this power has been using democracy to manipulate for their own selfish reasons

So they have the attitude that they can invest their corrupt money into buying votes then changing the laws so no one can touch them and they can do anything. That behavior has to be stopped

Why is it that you se a bit of news and all of a sudden all of is forangs reckon we are an expert of Thai politics and Thai behavior plus the way they think and do things

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

What a load of drivel, right wing reactionary claptrap.

This government is democratically elected and if this rabble is allowed to bring it down then democracy is finished in Thailand and the result will be civil war.

It´s funny how your logic tells you that because I have only 10 posts that I´m "fresh off the boat". I guess it´s the same logic you use in your rantings on how good it is to occupy government buildings and threaten the media, and dictating what they can and can´t broadcast because you lost an election. I´m sure Abhisit is very proud of you being such a loyal fanboi.

Actually I´ve lived in Bkk since 2006, pre coup. And while I was living very close to Lumphini in 2010 (Sathorn), I found it more interesting to follow the events in the streets instead of through an internet forum. Naturally I followed the media too, it was difficult to get all news otherwise, due to the curfew.. I didn´t realize this was some competition on who has lived the longest in LoS.

Instead of just spewing hate on Thaksin and the ´redshirts´, wouldn´t it be better to come up with some real thoughts on how to make things better, and how to win the next election, you know, like in any ´normal´ democracy?

I read your signature and it tells me exactly which side of politics you would support. Shouldn't you include smart phones and cameras as well?

my wives niece is at Ramkhamheng and she saw red shirts change into black caring guns and firing from bushes at students She is a sweet girl who would not hem a fly yet protested because she was fed up like many and was/is shit scared of red shirts since all in BKK had experience of what they id in 2010

Oh please!!!!!!!

Political Violence Resumes Minutes After HM's Birthday

By Khaosod Online

sh.jpg

Mr. Banchong Pengsakul moments after he was shot by unidentified individual at Ministry of Finance

BANGKOK: -- The brief lull in the political confrontation in Bangkok came to an end minutes after His Majesty the King′s Birthday when an anti-government protester was shot by unknown individuals at Ministry of Finance.

According to witnesses, Mr. Banchong Pengsakul, a 46 year old resident of Surat Thani province, was serving as a volunteer security guard for the protesters and patrolling the Ministry, where the anti-government protesters have been occupying for a week, when two individuals on motorcycle approached him and shot at Mr. Banchong.

The assailants quickly fled the scene, and the protesters who witnessed the scene could not identify the type of the motorcycle used by the attackers. Mr. Banchong was later sent to Rajthewee Hospital; his condition is described as stable.

The attack was said to occur at 00.05 - several minutes after the symbolic date of 5 December, when anti-government protesters led by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban agreed to suspend their political campaign for a day to observe the auspicious occasion of His Majesty the King′s Birthday.

The truce came after the protests in Bangkok turned violent over the weekend of 30 November and 1 December, when anti-government protesters clashed with pro-government Redshirts in eastern Bangkok, leaving at least four people dead, and anti-government protesters engaging in fierce street battle with the police around Government House.

However, many Thais did not expect the truce to last following HM′s Birthday, and Mr. Suthep has previously vowed he would resume his campaign to oust PM Yingluck Shinawatra once the celebration is over.

Mr. Thavorn Senniam, former Democrat MP who is now one of the protest leaders, said two hours prior to Mr. Banchong′s shooting an unknown assailant also lopped small explosive device toward the protesters at the Ministry of Finance, but no injury was reported.

The former Democrat MP also criticised the police′s handling of the incidents, claiming that officers took more than an hour before arriving at the scene.

Mr. Thavorn added that he had instructed the guards to patrol the protest site more frequently, and he had requested his fellow protesters to park their cars along the compound′s fences to serve as a barrier from potential attacks.

Naewna newspaper and anti-government social network sites have identified the assailants who shot Mr. Banchong as "Redshirts agents", but the claim cannot be independently verified.

In an separate incident, anti-government protesters at Ratchadamnoen Avenue also came under attacks from a large group of teenage motorcycle gang who reportedly attempted to drive their vehicles into the protest site.

Mr. Pongthep Klangcharoen, 34, who serves as a volunteer guard for the protesters, said he was manning his checkpoint near Kok Wua Intersection around 04.00 today when over 100 Dek Vans approached the protest camp and tried to drive past the checkpoint.

When the guards refused to let them through, Mr. Pongthep said, the Dek Vans were visibly agitated, and they responded by throwing three small explosive devices at the protest guards. The motorcycle gang reportedly left the scene after the attack, but they later came back and threw more explosives at the protesters.

One protest guard and one Dek Vans were injured by the incidents, police officers said. Th

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5qTXhOVEV5TWc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-12-06

The correct term is Criminal Trespassers and Vandals, not protesters.

this is getting more out of hand... maybe it's time to leave Bangkok for a while sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.pngsad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.pngsad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png hope they get to resolve this before more lives are claimed...

Don't hold your breath (about it getting better) TIT coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

Check back on Thaksin's history you will find that a few lives is just chicken feed to him.sad.png

Are we referring to the famous thousands of extra-judicial drug killings?

Also the 5,000 plus in the south. With out Thaksin it would probably be only the plus.

Let us not forget who financed the red shirt failed coup in 2010. 90 plus there. The red shirts came to terms with the government twice only to back out at Thaksins order.

BOOM BAM BANG

Sounds like a Saturday night on the south side of Chicago.

BUT, there are more like 10 to 20 people shot and wounded normally there where as this was much less.

It does not keep the crowds from going to the places of interrest in Chicago.

Still--there is no political cause in Chicago but simply gang wars over drug areas.

Yet, I would not be taking a walk around Victory monument. It seems to be a favorite place where this stuff goes off.

Also, I wouldworry a bit about the subway. I think I would rather stay within walking distance of my place in Bangkok if I could and stay home at night.

This could get far worse.

I read your signature and it tells me exactly which side of politics you would support. Shouldn't you include smart phones and cameras as well?

?

Please inform me how you exactly know which side of politics I support by reading my signature. Because I try not to "tie" myself to any specific policy.. I much rather try to keep an open mind, and weigh pros and cons in all policies, and try to come to some (hopefully informed) conclusion from that.

For instance, on this particular subject, I would try to gather as much information from as many sources as possible, and then build my opinion on the subject out of that.

It is not your signature or the fact that you only have 10 posts that I look at it is the fact that you just joined the forum yesterday.

From the tone of your posting I get the feeling that you are just another poster who got banned and is back with the same line they used before only this time a little bit more gentle about it.

Keeping an open mind about things can make it hard to see the right from the wrong. Or at times which wrong is the greater wrong or which rite is the greater rite. It is easy to sit on the fence that way.

Personally I am not sure about some one who watched the 2010 on the street rather than the news. A little bit but as several others who were just watching found out it could be fatal. Besides just watching them would tell you nothing. For the most part they did nothing except close down ligtiment business and turn the area into a garbage dump.

With a few days that were not good days to stand around and watch.

• Like 2

"Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss"

" We won't get fooled again"

I am for the little guy but I do not see any Mandella here to take the Thailand where it needs to go.

Anti-government protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban declared last night that demonstrators will "blow the final whistle" on Monday to seize power from the Yingluck Shinawatra administration. Mr Suthep announced...

So the nutcase said Monday Dec 9 will be the do or die day did he?

I would think there might be huge troubles that day and so as a non Thai, it might be best to stay off the streets.

Suthep is calling for the final battle and millions to march to do a coup.

While there is NO chance he will get his millions, there is a chance he could get thugs to start shooting up the place so be safe all.

?

Please inform me how you exactly know which side of politics I support by reading my signature. Because I try not to "tie" myself to any specific policy.. I much rather try to keep an open mind, and weigh pros and cons in all policies, and try to come to some (hopefully informed) conclusion from that.

For instance, on this particular subject, I would try to gather as much information from as many sources as possible, and then build my opinion on the subject out of that.

It is not your signature or the fact that you only have 10 posts that I look at it is the fact that you just joined the forum yesterday.

From the tone of your posting I get the feeling that you are just another poster who got banned and is back with the same line they used before only this time a little bit more gentle about it.

Keeping an open mind about things can make it hard to see the right from the wrong. Or at times which wrong is the greater wrong or which rite is the greater rite. It is easy to sit on the fence that way.

Personally I am not sure about some one who watched the 2010 on the street rather than the news. A little bit but as several others who were just watching found out it could be fatal. Besides just watching them would tell you nothing. For the most part they did nothing except close down ligtiment business and turn the area into a garbage dump.

With a few days that were not good days to stand around and watch.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have no clue to who you or this JRSoul are talking about.

And to be honest, I couldn´t care less about what you think about me for watching the 2010 events "live".

And if your opinion of keeping an open mind is that it is bad... well that´s your opinion. I certainly don´t agree with it, but hey, I don´t really care about your opinion about that either...

ed:spelling

Edited by DonThaiToMe

As usual speculations are the best sport on The Nation (and on TV forum) biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

What are you saying, that when the redshirts are accused of violence it is speculation and when the Anti corrupt government protesters are accused then it is fact ?

"Anti corrupt government protesters"

Surely you mean Corrupt anti government protesters.

If you believe that you are even sillier than I thought you were and my very low opinion of red flag waving trolls is well justified.

Well spotted, hellodolly.

What a load of drivel, right wing reactionary claptrap.

This government is democratically elected and if this rabble is allowed to bring it down then democracy is finished in Thailand and the result will be civil war.

Abject nonsense. This government has been elected only because they had enough money to buy the election. Any election in red mob controlled areas is a bad joke. Direct vote buying, dead people voting, multiple voting, physical intimidation of political opponents and their family members etc...etc...If you still think that this government was democratically elected then you're seriously deluded.

• Like 2