Another ATM shenanigan...I think....

bradenroger

Want to share a recent experience (a short while ago). Am not sure if it was an attempted rip off or if I just over-reacted.. I went to the ATM machine at the Siam Commercial Bank on Naklua Road in North Pattaya. Everything was fine and I was happy to see a security guard at the door not too far from the machine. Just as my money and receipt were coming out, a middle-aged Russian lady taps me on the arm. She was with another middle-aged lady and she starts trying to talk to me. I told her to please "step back" (don't guess that I was too polite as I was a bit startled) as she was right at the machine with me and I hadn't taken the money from the slot. She then said, "Oh, you speak English" then tried to tell me in broken English that she needed help to get money from Russia. She had a card in her hand. Before I paid any more attention to her I made sure that my money and the receipt were put away in my wallet/pocket. I told her quickly that she could get any assistance she needed from someone inside the bank (it was still open). She then said, "Oh, is this a bank?" They were walking toward the entrance to the bank when I walked away so am not sure if they actually went in or not...I feel bad if it was actually someone who needed help but, jeez, the way she approached me was certainly rude. They didn't seem to be offended by my abruptness...so go figure....Take care.

Over the last month I have become a victim of a clever 'Eastern European' scam while out shopping. Simply dropping into the supermarket for a bit of shopping turned out to be quite an experience.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking voluptuous 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead ask you for a lift to another supermarket..

You agree and they both get in the back seat. On the way, they start undressing, until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately, and thrusting herself against you, while the other one steals your wallet!

I had my wallet stolen October 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. On November 1st, 4th, 6th, 10th and 13th and twice yesterday.

So please warn all the older men you know to be on the lookout for this scam.

Oldest trick in the world. You have to ask yourself why would someone do that. Most of the time if your 50+ in years you know they are after money. Keep you wallet in your front pocket wear no expensive jewelry & someone tries to grab your dik you snap the hand in a very awkward position & put them on the floor wishing they didn't pick an easier mark.

Over the last month I have become a victim of a clever 'Eastern European' scam while out shopping. Simply dropping into the supermarket for a bit of shopping turned out to be quite an experience.

Two seriously good-looking voluptuous 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead ask you for a lift to another supermarket..

You agree and they both get in the back seat. On the way, they start undressing, until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately, and thrusting herself against you, while the other one steals your wallet!

I had my wallet stolen October 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. On November 1st, 4th, 6th, 10th and 13th and twice yesterday.

Oldest trick in the world. You have to ask yourself why would someone do that. Most of the time if your 50+ in years you know they are after money. Keep you wallet in your front pocket wear no expensive jewelry & someone tries to grab your dik you snap the hand in a very awkward position & put them on the floor wishing they didn't pick an easier mark.

LoL someone has not got a sense of humor, read his post again

• Like 1

Well, if you had so many wallets stolen, I can only assume that they were all empty...wink.png

• Like 1

Well, if you had so many wallets stolen, I can only assume that they were all empty...wink.png

You can buy a wallet on beach road for a little as 50baht... No probs ehthumbsup.gif Keep em empty and enjoy...

• Like 1

Has to go down as the best response ever had me literally laughing out loud

• Like 1

Oh dear was his joke not obvious to you?

• Like 1

Same thing to me 2 years ago in Tukcom, right at entrance, where there are several ATMs.

A Russinan man, maybe around 40, asked me to help him, and he asked me the moment I was taking the bills from machine. I didnt say a word, clicked few buttons, for the card to be returned, and then asked him what he needed done. I spoke Russian to him. In few seconds he explained that does not understand ATM options, because there are only Thai and English options. He had Platinum Visa card in his hand. I was standing next to him, he put his card in, I told to enter his pin, and then I pressed for Enlish. The amount he then entered was 100 000. Machined ofc said no, there was long sentence on screen in English to contact his branch, nothing about machine limit. So we did it all over again, this time I told him yo enter 20 000. Machine gave him the money. We repeated this 5 times. He thanked 6 times and kept shaking my hand after we were done.

It is very strange to be interrupted by stranger while withdrawing money at ATM. But it may not seem strange for Russians.

If what happened to you attempt to scam, I dont see how she could have scammed you.

Hoping to distract you enough, so you forget to collect cash? Or forget the card to be returned? I think no. Most likely he really needed help using ATM.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh dear was his joke not obvious to you?

I aint quite worked out as to what he thought my post was, a serious one or a joke...(an old one at that), though they do say some of the old jokes are the best.....facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

If he did think I was serious I'd like to think there is an increase in sales of cheap wallets and used car sales, the Thai economy could do with an increase at the moment...facepalm.gif

Gosh you're naive. First they are working without work permits, then they were appearing in public without underwear. All you needed was photographic evidence to have them arrested. I strongly suggest you obtain this and have these leeches thrown out of the country. BTW, do you buy those fake crocodile skin wallets? They're really nice.

I am little bit surprised so many take MB1 story seriously, but Im starting to understand many members now. Things that always puzzled me on TV are now making sense.

Sent from my C6903 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Oldest trick in the world. You have to ask yourself why would someone do that. Most of the time if your 50+ in years you know they are after money.

2 naked girls in your car, in the middle of the day, making love to you in traffic, in Pattaya?

Dont you think this a bit too far even for our Extreme City?

I am curious, what is the trick, you are talking about? I mean the 'oldest trick', please?

Nice story...you should write for "Hustler"

Same thing to me 2 years ago in Tukcom, right at entrance, where there are several ATMs.

A Russinan man, maybe around 40, asked me to help him, and he asked me the moment I was taking the bills from machine. I didnt say a word, clicked few buttons, for the card to be returned, and then asked him what he needed done. I spoke Russian to him. In few seconds he explained that does not understand ATM options, because there are only Thai and English options. He had Platinum Visa card in his hand. I was standing next to him, he put his card in, I told to enter his pin, and then I pressed for Enlish. The amount he then entered was 100 000. Machined ofc said no, there was long sentence on screen in English to contact his branch, nothing about machine limit. So we did it all over again, this time I told him yo enter 20 000. Machine gave him the money. We repeated this 5 times. He thanked 6 times and kept shaking my hand after we were done.

It is very strange to be interrupted by stranger while withdrawing money at ATM. But it may not seem strange for Russians.

If what happened to you attempt to scam, I dont see how she could have scammed you.

Hoping to distract you enough, so you forget to collect cash? Or forget the card to be returned? I think no. Most likely he really needed help using ATM.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is great vid - CCTV footage from the UK - that has to be seen to be believed.

Guy behind ATM guy drops a note, then pushes it with his foot to beside ATM guy. Then as money is about to be dispensed, guy behind taps ATM guy on the shoulder & says 'you dropped some money'.

ATM guy turns left to look down, third guy behind grabs notes on right, passes to 4th guy, then 2 - 4 guys disappear in different directions while ATM guy looks back to machine wondering why money is taking so long to come out. His money is already 100 yards away, & around the corner.

If you see / know the vid, pls post a link. Lesson for all -

Mabe she was trying to distract you while taking your money.

Or she might really have needed help with her card that she stole. She ask for help, you take card put in machine, she gives you pin number, machine gives money, you give her the money. There it is, you are on the ATM video and she is standing out of range.

Or she could have been someone in need of real help.

• Like 1

Oldest trick in the world. You have to ask yourself why would someone do that. Most of the time if your 50+ in years you know they are after money.

2 naked girls in your car, in the middle of the day, making love to you in traffic, in Pattaya?

I am curious, what is the trick, you are talking about? I mean the 'oldest trick', please?

Nothing new in that "Just another day in Pattaya"

Nothing new in that "Just another day in Pattaya"

Apart from the fact I Never mentioned Pattaya......:rolleyes: