Pattaya Tourist Police arrest two suspects in Turkish drugging and robbery case

webfact

Pattaya Tourist Police arrest two suspects in Turkish drugging and robbery case

tp-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya’s Tourist Police announced on Friday the arrest of two Thai Women wanted in connection with the drugging and robbery of two Turkish Men at a Pattaya Hotel in February 2013.

Acting on the strength of arrest warrant number 168/2556 dated 27th February 2013 and issued by the Pattaya Provincial Court, Police Lieutenant Colonel Arun and his team of Tourist Police Detectives arrested Khun Nuchara aged 27 in Bang Na, close to Bangkok and Khun Pirayar aged 31 in Lakrabang in Bangkok earlier on Friday as part of a 9 month operation to track down the two suspects in the case.

The pair are accused of drugging and then robbing the two Turkish men at the Riviera Resort on Monday 25th February. The pair reportedly left with the room safe which contained 40,000 US Dollars and 100,000 Baht along with two Mobile Phones.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/111310/pattaya-tourist-police-arrest-two-suspects-in-turkish-drugging-and-robbery-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-07

It does seem remarkable that the chances of the BIB solving a case very rapidly is in direct proportion to the amount of booty alleged to have been stolen. It also seems to be the case that the amount recovered is usually not more than 90% of what was originally stolen.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that all Cash amounts bought into Thailand in excess of $10K was to be declared on entry.

Ah Well a Minor point I guess.

Making an Arrest & with Confessions to me is a good Policing result. Recovery etc. is another matter.

coffee1.gif

I was under the impression that all Cash amounts bought into Thailand in excess of $10K was to be declared on entry.

Ah Well a Minor point I guess.

Making an Arrest & with Confessions to me is a good Policing result. Recovery etc. is another matter.

coffee1.gif

And how would you know that the amount was not declared? It has to be declared, not surrendered to authorities.

• Like 1

Original story here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621866-2-turks-drugged-and-robbed-from-their-north-pattaya-hotel-rooms/

And amazingly, a follow-up: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622156-turkish-drugging-and-robbery-case-prompts-pattaya-beach-clean-up-by-police/

Doesn't sound like they had much to go on, except the Turks' description, so it's kinda unreal that they've actually found and arrested them... in Bangkok!

dry.png

• Like 1