True Slowdown During Day?

nephilim

This is a little weird, but I can't believe it's just me.

For the last couple of days, at 10am, my true adsl (512k) drops to (at most) a quarter of the usual rate. Downloads that were coming in at 56, come in at 14. Warcraft latency jumps from 400 to 2000.

Then, at about 5pm, it starts slowly getting back to normal, by 6 it's all fine again.

Today is the third day it's happened.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea what's going on?

thanks

neph.

This is a little weird, but I can't believe it's just me.

For the last couple of days, at 10am, my true adsl (512k) drops to (at most) a quarter of the usual rate. Downloads that were coming in at 56, come in at 14. Warcraft latency jumps from 400 to 2000.

Then, at about 5pm, it starts slowly getting back to normal, by 6 it's all fine again.

Today is the third day it's happened.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea what's going on?

thanks

neph.

I have noticed the samething! I hope that this is only temporary and they are not going to do the same as the people who run the water. i.e in the day there is virtually no pressure! I wonder what kind of "logic" might be at work here?

Well, I'm both glad and sorry it's not just me :o

Logic? Since when has logic had anything to do with anything in Thailand?

Anyway, I sure hope this is fixed soon, because it's a ###### pain!

neph.

I really hope this isn't happening. True's international connections are pathetic as it is, what we really don't need is for them to be doing bandwith shaping and having it allocated to the business accounts during the day.

I have noticed excrutiatingly terrible performance for days and it is getting worse and worse. Sometimes I see 35 second delays before the web page I hit starts downloading anything at all. True is having major problems. Domestic sites are not effected, but who really cares about those. I have the true "1mbit" adsl package. I am not even getting 2kbps (worse than dialup).

i font=Times New Roman size=4 /size /font /i
I see that His Lofty Highness The Marquess likes to use unusual fonts, colours, and styles that are difficult to read.

i font=Times New Roman size=4 /size /font /i
I see that His Lofty Highness The Marquess likes to use unusual fonts, colours, and styles that are difficult to read.

You must like the sound of your bark, to bother wasting time contributing nothing to this thread. Thanks for that, now run along, little doggy.

So, I did an experiement.

At 5pm I logged into Warcraft, my latency was just over 3000. Same as all day, since 10am.

At 5:45 it started to decrease. By 5:55 it was at 700, right now, it's down to 500. It's a steady decrease, not something that could be "coincedental" IMHO.

True, or someone connected to the route True takes, definetly has a hand in this.

Not good.

ADDED: just as I finished typing, my latency was back to what it was at 9:45 this morning, i.e. completely normal and playable.

At 5pm I logged into Warcraft, my latency was just over 3000. Same as all day, since 10am.

At 5:45 it started to decrease. By 5:55 it was at 700, right now, it's down to 500. It's a steady decrease, not something that could be "coincedental" IMHO.

It is 6pm and back to normal for me so your hypothesis seems totally valid. Given that I am for all practical purposes locked out of using the internet during business hours starting this week, true will be hearing from me when they pull this stunt again (which I presume will be tomorrow at 8am).

It is 6pm and back to normal for me so your hypothesis seems totally valid. Given that I am for all practical purposes locked out of using the internet during business hours starting this week, true will be hearing from me when they pull this stunt again (which I presume will be tomorrow at 8am).

was 10am today and yesterday, and I assume it'll be the same tomorrow. Stupid, isnt it?

in fact, just a few minutes ago, my connection started playing up again