Registering my motorcycle

vagabond48

I did some searches but came up with nothing for re-registering a MC.

I bought a brand new Honda motorcycle last year and the Honda dealer took care of the registration. Can I assume that the MC needs to be registered/inspected annually? If yes, this will be the 1st time I have done this so can someone please advise, what I need to do, paper work, inspection, etc?

Thanks

Edited by vagabond48

It needs to be insured and taxed annually. No inspection until bike is 5 years old. You just need to go into you local DVLC office with the green registration book. There is usually a desk to buy insurance, then take book and insurance slip to the counter, and pay. If you can't be bothered there are plenty of agents who will do it all for you for a small extra fee.

It needs to be insured and taxed annually. No inspection until bike is 5 years old. You just need to go into you local DVLC office with the green registration book. There is usually a desk to buy insurance, then take book and insurance slip to the counter, and pay. If you can't be bothered there are plenty of agents who will do it all for you for a small extra fee.

When I bought the bike I got a 2 year policy from the Honda dealer. Is that the type of insurance you are referring to? If yes, I guess I just need to pay the annual tax then?

Oh, I forgot to mention that my registration expired at the end of November. Are they going to hit me with any penalties?

Edited by vagabond48