Anyone using these buying / selling internet sites instead of eBay ?

BKKdreaming

just found the 2013 list after posting the 2011 link :(

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abu/y213/m02/abu0328/s02

The Results
Etsy took the top spot for the first time this year, followed by Ruby Lane, Amazon, Bonanza and eBay. As with previous Sellers Choice surveys, eBay received the most total votes of all 16 marketplaces, but by a much slimmer margin than in previous years. Two-thirds of all respondents had some experience selling on eBay, followed by Amazon (62%), Etsy (55%), Craigslist, (53%) and Bonanza (46%). This showed a marked increase in usage of marketplaces other than eBay. Note that these numbers simply reflect whether survey respondents had experience selling on a particular marketplace.

more on the link.....

I found this list and never heard of most of them

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abu/y211/m01/abu0279/s02

its a 2011 list but still interesting, anyone use them ?

This year (2011), eBay again got the most number of ratings - 80% - not surprising considering it is one of the largest C2C online marketplaces (it reported having over 94 million active users at the end of 2010). eBay was followed by Bonanza - previously called Bonanzle (43%); Craigslist (40%); Etsy (28%); Amazon (26%); Artfire (21%); eCrater (20%); Webstore.com and eBid.net, both with 16%; iOffer (13%); Rubylane (11%); Blujay (9%); Atomic Mall (8%); Zibbet.com (6%); OZtion (4%); and Tias.com (3%).

Edited by BKKdreaming

I've never been a big fan of eBay, but many love it. I've bought quite a bit of stuff off Ebay, but prefer Amazon. I prefer to go direct with the manufacturer if possible. Best if you have a service issue. Many have online stores with prices similar to what you'll find elsewhere.

I've never been a big fan of eBay, but many love it. I've bought quite a bit of stuff off Ebay, but prefer Amazon. I prefer to go direct with the manufacturer if possible. Best if you have a service issue. Many have online stores with prices similar to what you'll find elsewhere.

I started buying from EBay when it was the #2 auction site behind Onsale.com. You could peruse just about every item they had in an hour or so. (Most of them seemed to be Beanie Babies, BTW) It was also fun, because you could leave messages for other bidders while you were bidding, along with informal feedback that didn't get sliced and diced and then skewed to make the sellers look good.

Sold a lot of stuff in the '90's and early '00's. But I mostly sold stuff from China to test the markets when I occasionally visited the USA- and then they made it too difficult to sell occasionally. Seemed that every time I came back after a few months' absence, there was another hurdle to jump over to re-register or reactivate my 100% feedback account, or reactivate my Paypal account because of inactivity or some other piddly syntax reason.

Short story, I used to love EBay. Now I rarely ever shop there, and never sell anything.

Seems like a copycat service should be able to pick up the business they have conceded because it doesn't meet their "criteria". Their market cap was in the $$$ billions long before they got too big for the little guys. Can't imagine someone else couldn't "pick up the potatoes falling off the truck" by going back to EBay's roots and doing one-off auctions again. Maybe they won't be another EBay, but a few hundred million $$$ in market cap would be A-Otay.

OP- Thanks for the list of other sites. I'll be doing some interweb surfing.

many people here are trying to find other places to sell on the internet stuff to make some extra money ,

Ebay being the big one, but I found this list of a few other sites I had never heard of and wanted to share them and see if anyone had used them....

Understand now ?