Alien Worker Permits/cards

I have a serious problem here and posted this under Visa's etc but maybe the fact that this is Chiang Mai related, as we are closer to the border, perhaps someone has an answer.

I hope this is not offending anyone or violating any forum rules, but I could use an answer

Heres one that I have not seen discussed. Maybe Steve has a definite answer, other than a lot of hearsay that I am able to find by street corner lawyers.

I have 2 aliens Burmese Nationals working for me.

We have taken the time and effort to get them the approved alien work permit card

We are located in Chiang Mai.

Here is the problem.

When these kids want to go home for a visit, the must travel from Chiang Mai to Mae Sai to cross into Burma/Myanmar. Even though they have the work card, the gestapo between here and the border, stop , roust and hassle and demand some type of payment to let them advance.

They can take the underground method and pay the 4000 to 6000 baht and get a worry free transport by the non chocolate-ized boys and get to Mae Sai.

Once at the border the coyote then charges 2400 baht to get the across into Tachilek. This is each way.

Apparently the Thai Gov't says they can work [selectively] if they have the card, but they cannot travel to and from the border & accross legally.

These kids have been with me now for several years and are like part of the family, even to the point of having a teacher come in and provide a small amount of education for them. They both are great workers and very eager and receptive students.

We have now been able to get Myanmar passports for them . Fully documented and legal in Yangon.

Now the question. What type of visa do they need to get to come back into Thailand ?

To me it would seem to be a Nom Imm B /multiple for a year [now maybe 6 month max] and then once in Thailand they would be able to work under the rules of the Alien work permit/card.

Does any one know the correct answer ?

Gonzo