Phuket Town Immigration Office

CFC

I need to go to Phuket Town to get a 30 day visa extension. I have been told I need to fill out a TM7 form. The TM7 form needs a passport sized photo. Does the immigration office have a photo machine there?

Edited by CFC

There is an office underneath the main immigration office that does photocopies and passport photos.

They charge like a wounded bull, so, best you get you photos done at any Kodak shop.

The charges are outrageous. 100 Baht for eight Passport photos at Phuket Town Immigration Office and 200 Baht for eight at the Patong Beach Road office. whistling.gif

I was there yesterday for 90 day report. The place was heaving & they now have a ticket number system. I went to get my number from the foreign volunteer desk but was told I had to fill out the form first & then come back for my number. I thought that would increase my waiting time. As it turned out the reason is they can then check the form you filled out to ensure all correct & actually as soon as I got handed my number it lit up on the screen. The officer was really well spoken, friendly & polite. Time taken was not more than 5 minutes.

Looks like the new ticket systems speeds up things a lot.

I noticed also that the queue for the long term extension is much more organized when they start using the ticket system

I can understand that they hand out the ticket after they checked the paperwork as this avoid being send away by the officer and you have to start all over again.

Maybe you are all talking about another office that I am unaware of because it took me from 11am until 4pm today to do my annual extension. Words elude me as to how to describe the cluster .....

Personally i always avoid going to the immigration office to do my yearly long term extension at 11:00 as they stop taking new applications around 11:30 and are closed between 12 and 13.

But i agree waiting till 4PM for your extension is long.

I only can say that my experience is better, maybe it helps that i do my extension always in the low season.

Maybe you are all talking about another office that I am unaware of because it took me from 11am until 4pm today to do my annual extension. Words elude me as to how to describe the cluster .....

After today's experience I must concur with this. Took me 2 hours for what usually takes me 10 minutes. I thought that I had returned to the old days of 20 years ago when there were only about 3 front desk officers for all the various tasks.

I saw one officer catching up on Facebook on his tablet and another was filling in the crossword in a magazine!!!

After today's experience I must concur with this. Took me 2 hours for what usually takes me 10 minutes. I thought that I had returned to the old days of 20 years ago when there were only about 3 front desk officers for all the various tasks.

I saw one officer catching up on Facebook on his tablet and another was filling in the crossword in a magazine!!!

You Just Can't Get The Staff Nowadays

You Just Can't Get The Staff Nowadays

What time did you arrive at the office? If you are at the office late then obviously it's going to take time because of the amount of people waiting.

Well, I steeled myself to submit the paperwork for my annual extension. Arrived at 09.30 today (I had to update our company papers first, so waited in the Company Office queue for 30 minutes). Immigration was heaving, no space to even stand. Fought my way to the information desk, presented my large bundle of papers for initial checking. The volunteer gulped, honestly stated he did not really know the requirements for marriage extension based on WP, assumed I knew what was required, gave me queue number 229. Looked a board, 212 being called, only 16 in front. No where to sit or even stand so out door and sit on the front steps. Called at 10.50, the officer on the extreme left side was most efficient, no hassles, he and his lady assistant rattled through the paperwork and passed it on to the lady captain for approval by 11.10. Wait again for captain signature. Out the door by 11.30. Not bad at all - 2 hours and it was painless. Used the free wifi to while away the time without the previous jockeying to get the next vacant chair in front of officer, A big improvement.

My 90 day report: I arrived at 2:15 this afternoon, and was out before 2:20.

Excellent system. If only they had a bigger car park, I wouldn't have to park outside in the street.

Yes, my last few visits - I had to park on the main road. No spaces in my 2 tours round the car park.

Excellent system. If only they had a bigger car park, I wouldn't have to park outside in the street.

Yes, my last few visits - I had to park on the main road. No spaces in my 2 tours round the car park.

I wonder how many parking spaces are taken up by immigration officers and other non-tourists?

There weren't that many people inside, but cars were parking in all sorts of "illegal" places - alongside red and white striped kerbs - because it was full.

I parked just up from the moto-cy taxi guys outside.

immigration officers own parking always have a empty slots, feel free! i never had problems..smile.png

I wonder how many parking spaces are taken up by immigration officers and other non-tourists?

There weren't that many people inside, but cars were parking in all sorts of "illegal" places - alongside red and white striped kerbs - because it was full.

I parked just up from the moto-cy taxi guys outside.

Yes be careful where you park. I got ambushed after parking in some immigration colnels spot not long ago. He was not a happy dude. Lucky I had already done my paperwork. I think the next farang would have had problems