Beer

gabe

Hi,

Where can i buy Budweiser beer in Bangkok? I have not seen Budweiser beer for sale at Lotus, Tops, Carrefour stores in my local area.

I would also like to know if there are any good mexican food restaurants in Bangkok. I don't think there are any Taco Bells in Thailand that i am aware of.

Hi,

Where can i buy Budweiser beer in Bangkok? I have not seen Budweiser beer for sale at Lotus, Tops, Carrefour stores in my local area.

I would also like to know if there are any good mexican food restaurants in Bangkok. I don't think there are any Taco Bells in Thailand that i am aware of.

I get my Budweiser from Friendship, in Pattaya. There are also two other outlets, both beer warehouses, or wholesales, one in Naklau and one one two road opposite the TMB bank. Best used to stock it as well. Try going to a bar that sells it in BKK and ask where they get it from. Otherwise it's a trip to Patters I guess.

Hi,

Villa stores sell Budweiser in Bangkok - of course you could just make your own by buying Kloster and adding 20% water :o

There are several Mexican restaurants in Bangkok - I am not a great fan but Senor Pico in the Rembrandt Hotel is quite nice. I'm sorry I can't help you locate a gourmet establishment equivalent to Taco Bell however.

Patrick

Hi,

Why would anyone wish to drink Buttwiper beer :o ,when you have beer Chang :D :D

Coyote on Soi Convent (Near Sala Daeng BTS station) is the best Mexican restaurant I've found in Bangkok.

Budweiser - I think the Hard Rock Café (Siam BTS) may have it, can't be 100% sure though.

Edited by dantilley

I'm sorry I can't help you locate a gourmet establishment equivalent to Taco Bell however

Brilliant ! !

any Taco Bell in LA has got better pickins' than your most pretentious dump in BKK...

gimme two ob dem green burritos, two soft tacos wid extra rice an' beans...

yassuh...

Bud can be had at Villa Market Ploenchit for 109 baht per long neck bottle or at Villa shop on Sukhumvit around soi 11, 110 baht per bottle. Nobody else has it. Used to be avail at Foodland and top floor World Trade as well as another small store I know on soi 13. NO MORE. Why? Too damned expensive due to MASSIVE taxation by Thai Gov't fearing beer imports. WARNING: the Bud you get at Villa is OLD and STALE. Freshest Bud I have found here was 6 months old and it was nasty, but not nearly as nasty as a Chang, which I equate to Moose pea (moose pea taste better and goes down smoother in taste tests). Now please understand that I LOVE BUD but I dont like stale Bud or any beer for that matter. As for Mexican, I love mexi food as you do. I would kill for a Taco Bell. Sorry dude, there is no decent Mexican food in Thailand. They have some mexi here and it is about as good as Thai brewed beer

I'm sorry I can't help you locate a gourmet establishment equivalent to Taco Bell however

Brilliant ! !

any Taco Bell in LA has got better pickins' than your most pretentious dump in BKK...

gimme two ob dem green burritos, two soft tacos wid extra rice an' beans...

yassuh...

an' a sixpak of bud tallboys preferably purchased in a corner liquor store anywhere in East LA...

if ain't had de experience youse don't know what libben is...

Hi,

Why would anyone wish to drink Buttwiper beer :o ,when you have beer Chang :D :D

My thoughts as well, Chang watered down over ice is far more appealing.

And since when was "taco hel_l" considered "good" mexican food?

post-3815-1147489072_thumb.jpgI would go for the real stuff from the Czech Republic. But difficult to find here.

Now that is a proper beer.

Is the Bud they have in the US differnet from the stuff sold in other countries? Because in the UK, Budweiser is watery, thin, weak and tasteless. I only think people ever drink the stuff because they're victims of their marketing campaigns.

The Czech stuff, i.e. the real Budweiser, is much better. Never seen it in Thailand yet though, although I imagine it must be available somewhere.

Tutsiw knows the deal here folks. Take heed
Gimme a 6 pk tall Bees, Tommy Burger, In n Out Burg, El Torito Chimi, Red Onion, Taco Bell, Anchor Porter, Venice Beach, 40 ouncer and an Apple Pan burg and I'll be libben

Hi,

My thoughts as well, Chang watered down over ice is far more appealing.

And since when was "taco hel_l" considered "good" mexican food?

Chang is OK when hangin' wid de family in Suphan...poor dears, dey doan' know no better...

but in any other circumstances give me a bud...or a Schlitz, or an Olympia, or a Ranier Ale...all packaged to be mobile...as in drink out of the can...when you 'ridin' along in yo' automobile' (apologies, Chuck)...doan much fancy drinkin' Chang with a straw in a boddle bought from the petrol station on the road to amphur Suphan...

a lot of youse barbarians doan' appreciate the finer points of mobile inbibin'... gots to have a beer can in de hand ('toss me the church key, Bob')...wid a fine car, a million watt car stereo with Chuck Berry on the box an' de road in front, what other choice do the righteous got inna righteous world?

Taco Bell an' 'good mexican food'?...it's all relative...Taco Bell resembles the garden variety stuff and is cheap...Senor Picos at the Rembrandt has no reference point and is expensive...

'nuff said...

edit: I forgot to add that as a Pasadena lad I often went to the original In an' Out Burger on Foothill Blvd in the '50s...strictly takeaway and the best burger in SoCal...the product line always stays wid ye...always get the ole 'In an' Out __urge_' when down Soi Nana...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Is the Bud they have in the US differnet from the stuff sold in other countries? Because in the UK, Budweiser is watery, thin, weak and tasteless. I only think people ever drink the stuff because they're victims of their marketing campaigns.

Got it in one, Bud is an aquired taste (or lack of taste). Drink enough jugs of it and it has the desired effect. Put it in the same catagory as vegemite and durian, you have to grow up with it.

Got it in one, Bud is an aquired taste (or lack of taste). Drink enough jugs of it and it has the desired effect. Put it in the same catagory as vegemite and durian, you have to grow up with it.

this discussion raises some interesting points. Yeah, I did grow up with bud but having spent time outside of the US when 15 - 17 y.o. I knew that there are superior brews available in other countries like in Bolivia that didn't have much else (someone said that the local Taquina brewery in Cochabamba was established by nazi war criminals on the run posing as brewing experts...absolutely the best lager I've had anywhere). However on return to the West Coast I went back to bud...better than most west coast beers.

Now, having been away for almost 20 years I can't remember what real (US) bud tastes like. I was in a bar in Bahrain frequented by US sailors that stocked plenty of long necked buds and the lads were hookin' 'em down and I had some too...nothing remarkable that I would have remembered.

Begs the question...for the permanent expat what does your favorite home beer really taste like when you have been away a long time and most of what you get in other places are poor substitutes?

post-3815-1147489072_thumb.jpgI would go for the real stuff from the Czech Republic. But difficult to find here.

Now that is a proper beer.

The Czech stuff, i.e. the real Budweiser, is much better. Never seen it in Thailand yet though, although I imagine it must be available somewhere.

Agree 100%. Real heineken in Holland tastes *absolutely nothing* like the locally brewed heineken in Thailand. Czech, Dutch, Germans... They got beer right from the start :o