Erythromycn alternative

ffaarraanngg

I used to spend time in Thailand and i used to get a lot of sinus/windpipe infections.

Anyway when going to several different pharmacies and asking for Erythromycn they would claim it was discontinued ( iknow it isnt) and give me an alternative which was a white pill to be taken once a day for 5-7 days.

Now this antibiotic worked a treat but for the life of me i cannot remember what this is called would anyone have an idea.

Self prescribing antibiotics is always a bad idea.

Only rarely indicated for sinus /"windpipe infections" !

Erythromycin is a macrolide antibiotic there are others belonging to the same family.

Ive had this problem for years and after seeing several British doctors self prescribing is a far better option.

Any ideas on what the drug could have been.

Self prescribing antibiotics is always a bad idea.

Only rarely indicated for sinus /"windpipe infections" !

Erythromycin is a macrolide antibiotic there are others belonging to the same family.

Ive had this problem for years and after seeing several British doctors self prescribing is a far better option.

Any ideas on what the drug could have been.

No idea!

If I did know I would not divulge the information.

Go and consult a doctor if you believe you have infected sinuses or windpipe smile.png

• Like 2

I really dont get people like you instead of providing a useful answer you just come on here being all high and mighty and looking to start an argument.

Being as i am in England i will have to see a doctor as they have got U medical services pretty much wrapped up, but i want to go in there with the name of the drug.

But i look after my health far better then any doctor or anyone else for that matter, doctors on the NHS are on the whole f'en useless and only there to grab the cash ... i would put far more trust in a pharmacist in Boots Bangkok then a UK doctor.

Here is some brand names of erythromycin OP.

Brand names include Robimycin, E-Mycin, E.E.S. Granules, E.E.S.-200, E.E.S.-400, E.E.S.-400 Filmtab, Erymax, Ery-Tab, Eryc, Ranbaxy, Erypar, EryPed, Eryped 200, Eryped 400, Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab, Erythrocot, E-Base, Erythroped, Ilosone, MY-E, Pediamycin, Zineryt, Abboticin, Abboticin-ES, Erycin, PCE Dispertab, Stiemycine, Acnasol and Tiloryth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythromycin

I have an adverse reaction to erythromycin and Doctor's have prescribed Roxithromycin instead for me for respiratory tract infections.

Roxithromycin is available under several brandnames, for example, Biaxsig, Coroxin, Romac, Roxar, Roximycin, Roxl-150, Roxo, Roxomycin, Rulid, Rulide, Surlid, Tirabicin and Xthrocin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxithromycin