Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Is Buddy really bringing down the Swans?

Never has one man, in such a short time, been so responsible for the demise of one club.

Thats what we are led to believe if you listen to some of the disgruntled coat-tuggers on why the Sydney Swans have begun the season with a pair of disappointing losses.

Single-handedly Lance Franklin has turned a top-four team into a side incapable of playing September football; a side out the window with bookmakers when framing premiership markets.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/04/01/is-buddy-really-bringing-down-the-swans/

I always thought the hawks played better team football without Buddy.

Is Buddy really bringing down the Swans?

Never has one man, in such a short time, been so responsible for the demise of one club.

That’s what we are led to believe if you listen to some of the disgruntled coat-tuggers on why the Sydney Swans have begun the season with a pair of disappointing losses.

Single-handedly Lance Franklin has turned a top-four team into a side incapable of playing September football; a side out the window with bookmakers when framing premiership markets.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/04/01/is-buddy-really-bringing-down-the-swans/

Crickey, are we at round 3 or 23?

Buddy must've expected to get some heat after signing such a huge contract

but this is getting ridiculous IMO.

• Like 2

I've jus read that Freo, fresh from losing Zac Dawson and Nate Fyfe from suspension,

have just lost Michael Barlow for 6 weeks for a knee.

Like discussed previously, injuries and suspensions can seriously damage a season.

Having said that, I still think Freo will get the choccies against the Hawks this Friday.

The Hawks have a few out as well.

Below are the results for Round 2 . There were 3 tied on 8 They were Chooka, Gazman and Kooweerup. Very good tipping. The actual winner for the week is Chooka who was closet to the margin of the first game. Well done

Thanks for the tip Bookman.

attachicon.gifOfficial AFL Footy Tipping Competition Thailand Mob.jpeg

bloody swans let me down

Probably lucky for me I couldn't watch the Collingwood match. They were awful against GWS.

Buddy will be a match winner for the Swans And I'm sure he can fit into the team culture. Maybe some egos going astray Hanneberry didn't gave a great last 3rd of the season last year. Hard to blame Buddy for anything Hanneberry does as an individual.

another factor is the number of teams playing like the swans used to. Freo is really the smooth cohesivse hard working pressure team now with a number of others following in it's footsteps It takes a cOuple of years at least to change culture, playing style, discipline etc.

if anything, the swans could be accused if not changing their style and game plan at time

Didn't they say the same thing when Bazza belted Staker in '06?

Granted Buddy hasn't snotted anyone, yet, but the bandwagon's certainly in full song.

I even heard a rumor that some of the boys mums were ringing up the club bitching and moaning about Buddy's disturbing influence...

I mean, really, this isn't the local Under 7's league..

It's like the popular kid in high school going to a new school and still being número uno, he finds some new 'cool kids' to hang around with (Hanners and Parker) they muck up a bit and the mums call up the principal and stage an intervention...

I'm laying blame squarely on Jesinta Campbell, her absence is clearly affecting Buddy's performance...

• Like 1

It's restricted to so many per month scea.

Just like Old Croc says, think I'll give BookMan's tip a crack.

Regarding this... I've been doing it for all NewsLtd and Fairfax sites. I use Chrome as my browser, then go to history and delete everything except saved passwords and license authorisations.

For News Ltd websites u need to close the actual tab for the paper before u clear the history.

Please let me know if doing those things doesn't work for u

• Like 2

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-01/tigers-unlikely-to-punish-martin-after-car-incident

This kid is either seriously mentally incapacitated or is need of some serious guidance...

I think all of the above.

Really, this guy is just a train wreck waiting to happen.

Reminds me a bit of Benny Cousins. It's not if he will

stuff up again it's when.

• Like 1

Hawks v Freo this week. Should be a good game. I'm tipping Freo

Gc v Lions

port v North

Essendon v Carlton

Should see the tipsters split.

Sydney barely faves over Adelaide

I have gone for the hawks because it is in melb. Going for the Swans to rebound.
  • Like 2

Gc v Lions

port v North

Essendon v Carlton

I have gone for the hawks because it is in melb. Going for the Swans to rebound.

I like the Swans rebound. Still thinking about Hawks Freo. Initial tip Freo but will wait for team lists.

Gc v Lions

port v North

Essendon v Carlton

I like the Swans rebound. Still thinking about Hawks Freo. Initial tip Freo but will wait for team lists.

Wise move... I just read Fyfe is suspended for the game Edited by BookMan

Gc v Lions

port v North

Essendon v Carlton

Wise move... I just read Fyfe is suspended for the game

Dawson also out for a week suspended and Michael Barlow out for up to 6

with a knee as well.

I still think Freo will get the choccies though.

Gc v Lions

port v North

Essendon v Carlton

Hard one to tip, think I will go with hawks being at home, Hodge out injured for a few weeks.

Sorry guys I don't know what is going on with the dream team this year. Normally they post a fixture as who is playing who each week starting tomorrow but they haven't done yet. I have a full team selected and have no idea who I am playing against this week. Previous years were so simple but they have a new system this year.

Sorry guys I don't know what is going on with the dream team this year. Normally they post a fixture as who is playing who each week starting tomorrow but they haven't done yet. I have a full team selected and have no idea who I am playing against this week. Previous years were so simple but they have a new system this year.

That famous company Telstra. I get emails from Fantasy NRL and I am not participating. Same name appears Telstra.

well....my team will be unchanged the next 3 weeks..I tried on my mobile but gave up

Does it have anything to do with the number of teams (or the lack of 1 team) in our league?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Happy Birthday St Kilda. 141 today. That's 140 wasted years

Funny how we stick with clubs that have little success. I followed Footscray for 32 years until I moved to Brisbane. Then followed the Bears/Lions and went to the games. What a masochist, until the mid to late 90s (but wooden spoon in 98)!! It all came came good in 2001-2004 but has been bleak since then. Still, I was at the "miracle on grass" last year and saw reason for optimism last Sunday, so the fire still burns.

Well done Saints for having made it to 141. A good effort. The oldest professional football club in the world is Notts County (League 1, FA), and they are only 11 years older than St Kilda. (I don't know when the Saints started paying players.)

And kudos to Saints supporters for hanging in there.

• Like 2