Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Eddie McGuire slams AFL for not allowing Collingwood’s Nick Maxwell to do lap in Holden

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-slams-afl-for-not-allowing-collingwoods-nick-maxwell-to-do-lap-in-holden/story-fniv64s8-1227008837199

McGuire said "“I’ve just received information that Nick Maxwell isn’t allowed to do a lap of honour at half-time

in a car this week because Collingwood is sponsored by Holden".

Yes he can Ed. He can do it 20 minutes before the game in a Holden or at half-time in a Toyota.

Your call. The AFL want to look after their sponsors as well.

Seeing as they want to parade him in front of the Magpie Army, perhaps the should put Nick on public transporttongue.png

Gangsters

I see Ryan O'Keefe is looking for a new club next year.

Do you think there will be any interest like Essendon did

with Chappy?

Having said that, I wonder if Bomber Thompson hadn't been

at Ess if they would've picked him up.

I still think ROK was dropped for political reasons. He was not Buddy happy.

His performances in the reserves warranted a recall to the firsts and I find it difficult to believe the excuses about his speed having deteriorated so dramatically.

He would have something to offer another club, but it all depends on his price.

The case of Frawley is more interesting. The Swans might be willing to let Malceski wallk and take on Frawley, as both seem to be asking about the same money. at 26 compared to Malceski's 30, that would be of benefit.

As we all know, if you want a premiership in the next 5 years then Sydney is the place to be tongue.png

Woah, that's a big call on ROK BookMan.

You would think that guys like Mitchell would have to be preferred now due to his age.

Surely Frawley and Malceski have different asking prices? Frawley's is being touted as $800 000

per year.

I would pay $350 000 to $400 000 for Malceski and $400 000 to $450 000 for Frawley.

Woah, that's a big call on ROK BookMan.

You would think that guys like Mitchell would have to be preferred now due to his age.

Surely Frawley and Malceski have different asking prices? Frawley's is being touted as $800 000

per year.

I would pay $350 000 to $400 000 for Malceski and $400 000 to $450 000 for Frawley.

I would think Malceski is on around 400k. Word is he can get double if he is willing to move club.

Frawley is asking 800k but that seems crazy. more likely 600ish..but maybe not.

Sydney just need some experience in their backline. If Shaw retired the end of this year and Malceski was to leave...

Edited by BookMan

True, but very harsh BookMansad.png

Just stirring you. I know the pressure took its toll tongue.png

You have had a few bad weeks, but now you have the Monkey off your back you can get back out in front this week.

Tonight's game is fairly easy. Carlton should carve them up for a win.

I'm 6th mate, and after this week I could be next to last

• Like 1

As the Buddha would say (on hearing about the MRP):

They are neither predictable at being unpredictable, nor unpredictable at being predictable or they are both predictable at being unpredictable and unpredictable at being predictable, or possibly all of these things.

Is that clearer now? smile.png

As co-leader of the tipping this week Xang, what is your strategy now?

Strategy??

Tip on form and hope for the best.

Maybe tip a side that's starting to show something (but it often doesn't work).

Don't tip your own team on sentiment or wishful thinking.

Is that all right for strategy?

As the Buddha would say (on hearing about the MRP):

They are neither predictable at being unpredictable, nor unpredictable at being predictable or they are both predictable at being unpredictable and unpredictable at being predictable, or possibly all of these things.

Is that clearer now? smile.png

As co-leader of the tipping this week Xang, what is your strategy now?

Strategy??

Tip on form and hope for the best.

Maybe tip a side that's starting to show something (but it often doesn't work).

Don't tip your own team on sentiment or wishful thinking.

Is that all right for strategy?

I thought you might have been feeling some pressure being top, equal top, 2nd behind Khunwill on the tipping ladder

• Like 1

Freo stole a victory tonight.

Still don't think they'll make the GF this year

Yep

Got out of jail big time.

Thought they got slaughtered by the umps as well.

I reckon Fyfe would be in the top 5 players in the league right now.

He single handedly dragged them home I think.

I can't disagree with you about the GF BookMan.

They aren't playing well and really need a focal point up forward.

Ross Lyon has a lot to do before next weeks game against Geelong.

• Like 2

I think Wayne's a bit late to the party, we were saying this last year and in the earlier parts of the season. I do like his comparison to 2012. Cindarella needs to tune in Tokyo more, he does that and the Swans win by 3-4 goals. Buddy's adopted the Swans ethos, it took him 10 rounds to do it but he's getting there. The first half of the season Buddy rarely ventured outside the forward 50. Now he's roaming all over the joint. Will he bag an "All Australian" nod this year? Honestly, I don't think so. If Spiderman has big final rounds he'll be hard pressed to beat for a nod.

I'd like to see a big solid bag from Cindarella tonight. 5 straight would satisfy.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A good article on Syd by Duck.

The problem with superstars - Sydney still has the L-plates on

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-problem-with-superstars--sydney-still-has-the-lplates-on-20140731-zyu34.html#ixzz396FvZK41

I think Wayne's a bit late to the party, we were saying this last year and in the earlier parts of the season. I do like his comparison to 2012. Cindarella needs to tune in Tokyo more, he does that and the Swans win by 3-4 goals. Buddy's adopted the Swans ethos, it took him 10 rounds to do it but he's getting there. The first half of the season Buddy rarely ventured outside the forward 50. Now he's roaming all over the joint. Will he bag an "All Australian" nod this year? Honestly, I don't think so. If Spiderman has big final rounds he'll be hard pressed to beat for a nod.

I'd like to see a big solid bag from Cindarella tonight. 5 straight would satisfy.

Hawthorn has so many goal kicking options and they use them all. That is one thing that makes them so dangerous. When they click the defence has to stop 6 players from being able to goal.

Sydney is definitely Tippet and Buddy cetric, and why not in many cases? Tippet is a strong contested mark and Buddy makes himself a target repeatedly. But, they have Goodes, Reid, Mcglynn,jetta if need be, and others who can goal. We saw Goodes get 4 goals last week, one reason being he was not heavily marked. Butterfingers also needs to find the space and make get some easy marks and goals.

Nic Smith had an unusually average game for himself and the mid field missed hanneberry. Sydney doesn't have anything to worry about, but Hawthorn when they click are an awesome team,

• Like 2

damn forgot about last nights game and didn't put my tips in.

Don't you get the home side chooka?

Never mind mate, I reckon your boys are a huge chance

against GC this weekend. I reckon GC are out of petrol.

• Like 1

I hope I haven't put the kiss of death on Sydney, but I've

tipped them.

Seeing as I haven't tipped a Friday night winner for over a

month, anything could happenw00t.gif

Sydney lose and you're outside sleeping with BM's dog tongue.png

Sheee-it! I just read that. That will shake up the Sydney game plan with two hours before the game.

I would be happy to have KhunWill outsde sleeping with 'Killer' and 'Psycho'. I haven't been able to get near them for days and they have a nasty flea infestation KhunWill might be bale to attend to while he is out there.

Chooka threw a few of his party pies out there last week but the boys haven't touched them as yet

• Like 1

tipped them.

Sheee-it! I just read that. That will shake up the Sydney game plan with two hours before the game.

I would be happy to have KhunWill outsde sleeping with 'Killer' and 'Psycho'. I haven't been able to get near them for days and they have a nasty flea infestation KhunWill might be bale to attend to while he is out there.

Chooka threw a few of his party pies out there last week but the boys haven't touched them as yet

weren't my party pies I threw out there bookman, it was the crap you served up they didn't touch. Pussum and tiddles were curled up on the couch with me eating the food your wife popped out for whilst you were tapping on the window

post-122647-0-44059000-1406894991_thumb.

• Like 2

Butterfinger's down in the rooms, not subbed out yet but heading in that direction.

Something about the Docs worried he had lost all the grip off his fingers. Bit disappointed in Reid tonight. This was a good opportunity for him to stand up with Buddy out. Took a while for Sydney to stop kicking it long to Tippet who was in a 2 or 3 on 1 contest.

Looking forward to the Jack Billings for Sam Reid trade with St Kilda

• Like 1

Not a bad 3/4's of footy from the Swans. They stayed in sheds at half time.

Parker and McGlynn BoG for mind. Vintage Goodes, he's in that zone.

Good to have Rhys Shaw back as well and he looked like he hadn't missed any footy. Hanners to come back next week according to conversations with Bruce.

They won't be allowed such luxuries against Port next week.

Khun Will27, your hoodoo is broken, unless of course you got gun shy with Buddy's late withdrawal.

No mate

Wasn't going to tip against Sydney at home after a loss.

Oh well, 2 from 2 so far. That's 2 more than I got last weektongue.png

Just as an aside, I rate David Kings footy knowledge a fair bit.

BUT, I nearly fell off the couch when he gave Chris Judd best

on ground instead of Fyfe on Thursday night.

• Like 1

Butterfinger's down in the rooms, not subbed out yet but heading in that direction.

Something about the Docs worried he had lost all the grip off his fingers. Bit disappointed in Reid tonight. This was a good opportunity for him to stand up with Buddy out. Took a while for Sydney to stop kicking it long to Tippet who was in a 2 or 3 on 1 contest.

Looking forward to the Jack Billings for Sam Reid trade with St Kilda

I'm sure he was already playing injured after hyper extending his knee last week, he was trying to be brave and it backfired but he's young enough to be able to get away with it. I reckon he won't play next week.

Whilst Cindarella was double/triple teamed, so was young Membry, he couldn't get a sniff of the footy but when he did he looked very promising. A lot like Nat Jones did on his debut.

3 way trade: Billings plus 2 first round picks to Sydney via Melbourne for Reid, O'Keefe and Malceski.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

tipped them.

Wow, add Chimpy and chooka to the list and that's quite the menagerie you have at home BookManbiggrin.png

It all worked out in the end though.

Sydney got the chocolates and I think you might've found one in Membry.

• Like 1

tipped them.

Wow, add Chimpy and chooka to the list and that's quite the menagerie you have at home BookManbiggrin.png

It all worked out in the end though.

Sydney got the chocolates and I think you might've found one in Membry.

With the exception of Chooka, they are all manageable tongue.png

Membry has been getting good reviews in the Reserves and he looked good for his game in. I would have left him in the game and subbed out Dean towers.

Interesting to hear Leigh Matthews say that Tippet and Reid were the same type of player and Sydney only needed one of them. Maybe Reid will be going to Brisbane?

North Melbourne coach Brad Scott needs to be harder on players if club is to take next step in premiership pursuit

I think this article by Robbo on North sums up how a few of feel about them pretty well.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/north-melbourne-coach-brad-scott-needs-to-be-harder-on-players-if-club-is-to-take-next-step-in-premiership-pursuit/story-fniv702f-1227010662443

If anyone knows which North Melbourne is going to turn up tonight, can you let me know?

• Like 1