Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Oh dear!

Mark Maclure slams recent behaviour of Carlton coach Mick Malthouse, says he’s ‘friendless’

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/mark-maclure-slams-recent-behaviour-of-carlton-coach-mick-malthouse-says-hes-friendless/story-fniv64qq-1226991545193

I like what Maclure says here...

Maclure, who won premierships with the Blues in 1979, 1981 and 1982, said Malthouse should stop being a “star” bully and start concentrating on refining the Blues’ list.

“He’s a star at it (bullying). What he should be a star at is improving this side — and I haven’t seen that,” Maclure said.“He’s a bullier to media all the time. And that’s something that we’re ashamed of in our society. But they allow him to do it.”
  • Like 2

FREMANTLE’S charge towards September could be significantly boosted with forward Michael Walters a chance to return to the Freo line-up after the bye.

It would be remarkable recovery for the club’s leading goalkicker from last season.

Walters dislocated a tendon in his left ankle in round three against Hawthorn and it was initially feared that he could miss the entire season.

However, following surgery and a rigorous rehabilitation program, Walters could return for Freo’s clash with Carlton on July 31 and coach Ross Lyon said he could potentially play all five matches in the lead-up to the finals.

"He's progressing really well," Lyon said on Wednesday.

"He's running. He's punching out 30km a week. We're just conditioning him.

"The risk from here is a soft tissue (injury). So he's in full speed training. He's not in football (training) yet so it's conditioning against soft tissue risk.

"We're all excited. We thought he was done for the year. But the way it's tracking he might get four or five games in the home and away season."

The left-footer would be a valuable inclusion in the Fremantle line-up. He kicked 46 goals last season, including six in three finals, and made the initial All Australian 40-man squad.

Despite some critical injuries to key players mid-season the Fremantle Dockers are starting to look ominous given the quality of players they have to come back.

Stephen Hill, like Walters, should be available to return from his quad strain after the bye. Hayden Ballantyne will also return from his suspension after the bye while Luke McPharlin is due to return this week to face St Kilda.

Lyon said there was no temptation to rest McPharlin as it was important that his injury-prone defender played following a minor calf strain.

"We don't work like that," Lyon said.

"If he's right to play, he'll play.

"He missed (three) weeks prior to playing in Darwin (against Melbourne). It's probably not ideal. We would like to get him moving and play."

The pressure on spots is intense at the moment as Freo chase a ninth consecutive win this week.

Lyon said Colin Sylvia could play closer to goal this week in the absence of Ballantyne, but also cautioned that the former Demon needed to continue to perform to keep his place in the side.

"He's played five games and he's really delivering some pretty good efforts for us but he needs to continue to do that," Lyon said.

"No one is safe, really. We've got Stephen Hill to come back after the bye. Michael Walters on his way back, Matt de Boer, Tommy Sheridan, Garrick Ibbotson coming back - so there's pressure on for spots and performance and Colin sits in that basket."

• Like 2

Aaron Sandilands out and Jonathon Griffin in for Fremantle.sad.png

Griffin is in pretty good nick Ron19 and Zac Clarke is going ok as well.

Probably won't hurt to give the big fella a couple of weeks off.

On the bright side, Sonny Walters looks like coming back ahead of schedule.

Like BookMan said, you're only playing St Kilda.

My nanna could get a kick against the Saints and she hasn't go any legsw00t.gif

• Like 1

Majak Daw is in the team tonight boys!

That means North is playing with 17 on field

They're not gonna do again are they BookMan?

Still time to change to Carltonfacepalm.gif

I have picked North but i am not feeling confident. Im not sure why they picked Daw in the team either

I knew BM was on the mind games when he mentioned that and I wasnt tempted to change my tip because for some reason I had a brain fart and thought they were playing the Saints.

Even the addition of Daw wouldn't sway me against the Saints.

But then I realized (too late mind) that they were playing the Blues.

<deleted>!

• Like 1

I knew BM was on the mind games when he mentioned that and I wasnt tempted to change my tip because for some reason I had a brain fart and thought they were playing the Saints.

Even the addition of Daw wouldn't sway me against the Saints.

But then I realized (too late mind) that they were playing the Blues.

<deleted>!

Carlton up by 12 mid way through the 3rd...they were up by 24 at one stage

Oh my... Well I'm calling this one..

That was Carlton's best win of the season, as in the highest ranking team they have beaten.

Once again North show their inconsistent best...

KhunWill...did you follow your own 50/50 when in doubt pick against North advice?

That was Carlton's best win of the season, as in the highest ranking team they have beaten.

KhunWill...did you follow your own 50/50 when in doubt pick against North advice?

I was one off the margin and one off the winner.

Norths have done it again.

• Like 1

Mate

They did me again!

To be honest, even with Daw in the side, I still thought North by a fair bit.

I picked the margin though, just for the wrong sidebiggrin.png

• Like 1

My apologies for a post I made.

It was not intended to be disrespectful or offend anyone. I was only showing respect.

I am truly sorry and please accept my true heart felt apology.

• Like 1

Well the kangas have done it again.

Seems were only after big scalps this yearbiggrin.png

As a North supporter, what is the answer for them?

If they had a plan to kick deep into the forward line early they should have manned up carltons spare.

I would have moved hansen forward.

To be fair to the forwards we messed it up in the midfield playing on to much to guys in the wrong spots just to keep the ball moving.

We play our best footy when we hit forward targets on the lead.

The answer = A new coach.

• Like 1

Gossip down at St Kilda land, the swans are after the N# pick if the saints should get it. The swans are apparently putting Sam Reid on the table along with the swans 2nd round pick.

Gossip down at St Kilda land, the swans are after the N# pick if the saints should get it. The swans are apparently putting Sam Reid on the table along with the swans 2nd round pick.

I cant see why Sydney would want the 1 pick.

• Like 1

Might need to check your info there chooka, I believe Butterfingers is contracted until end of 2017.

That being said, Butter's could probably go to a Melbourne club with a package deal including his brother Ben, but this would require McEverywhere's approval. Three way perhaps?

Saints put in a good 1st quarter chooka, unlucky for former Swans premiership player Dempster to get knocked out though!

I cant see why Sydney would want the 1 pick.

ST Kilda is hammering Freo at the moment, 8 minutes into the second quarter and Saints 33-7.

How would you be with picking up Reid Chooka?