Suthep says protesters will not return home empty-handed

webfact

Suthep says protesters will not return home empty-handed

12-8-2013-10-30-25-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban vowed Sunday night that protesters would not return home empty-handed and they were told to be ready to spend their nights on the streets.

“December 9 will the biggest day in history and it will break all the records ever set by democracy aspirants anywhere in the world. My brothers and sisters must unite to fight for their brethren throughout the country,” said Suthep in his address to his supporters at Chaengwattana’s government complex.

The secretary-general of People’s Democratic Reform Committee, the umbrella body for all protest groups, insisted that this final battle was not meant for any individuals or any parties but for the Thai people as a whole.

He warned that if any of the protesters were harmed by “cronies” of the government, protesters would be sent to lay siege to the residences of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and his ministers.

He claimed that he had received reports that some ill-intent elements might start arson attacks in order to put the blame on the protesters. He urged protesters to look out for the ill-intent elements and to bring with them fire extinguishers, if they have any, as a precaution.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-says-protesters-will-return-home-empty-handed/

-- Thai PBS 2013-12-09

He warned that if any of the protesters were harmed by “cronies” of the government, protesters would be sent to lay siege to the residences of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and his ministers.

He claimed that he had received reports that some ill-intent elements might start arson attacks in order to put the blame on the protesters. He urged protesters to look out for the ill-intent elements and to bring with them fire extinguishers, if they have any, as a precaution.

Its make or break it day and the straw men are out and in the news - Good work Nation! biggrin.png

Go Team Yellow

Fight Team Yellow

Win Tean Yellow

In other hand, one of my friend who wanted to book a trip to Bkk just after xmas, told me,

inspite of the high season, the plane are half empty... thanks uncle Boon Mee Suthep

Can you also do something for the baht?

• Like 1

Yingluck seeks House dissolution

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Monday sought royal approval for House dissolution.

She said in a press conference at 8.42 that the dissolution is a democratic way.

Woops thats torn it, D for dissolution day ? w00t.gif

Well hopefully he will have an arrest warrant in his hand not only for his part in this bloody mess, But also for his (1995) giving 592 land title deeds in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala, and the Nakkerd hills in Phuket, to 489 farmers, 11 of those wealthy families in Phuket...

I do not know where I read it but it was spot one:

The right cause but the wrong man!

If I remember right he was also Transport Minister at the time the "Bangkok Stonehenge" disaster hit; I am talking about those unfinished sculptures over the railway track from Don Meuaioueng Airport downtown which left Gorden Wu and some other quite puzzled to this day!

• Like 1

Thailand is now well on its way of becoming another North Korea, a totalitarian state under the control of a select few. This "People's Council" idea has happened under Gaddhafi's Libya and under current North Korea. We know how both turned out.

• Like 1

Just when I thought this pratt had run out of hilarious things to say w00t.gif

I must admit this little chestnut aimed at Thaksin made me smile

. It would have been amusing is he was preaching from the pulpit to the cheers of the adoring crowd and after this statement it all went deadly quiet except for a few embarrassed coughs.

@tulsathit: Suthep: Before you, Thailand never accepted corruption. Now some Thais accept corruption if it benefits them.”
  • Like 1

Thailand is now well on its way of becoming another North Korea, a totalitarian state under the control of a select few. This "People's Council" idea has happened under Gaddhafi's Libya and under current North Korea. We know how both turned out.

Personally, I think this day is just a next move in the game. Not much has changed today.

New election will be called and they will be boycotted by the democrats because they know they'll loose.

I don't see that this can ever end, except if they change Thailand into a federal country, of several regions, make each region independent and give it autonomy (like in the USA), while keeping the monarch as the head of the state. There are several federal countries and this model seems to work fairly well in countries where different regions have different preferences. It might also be a good solution to stop the violence in the South.

Edited by kriswillems

Well hopefully he will have an arrest warrant in his hand not only for his part in this bloody mess, But also for his (1995) giving 592 land title deeds in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala, and the Nakkerd hills in Phuket, to 489 farmers, 11 of those wealthy families in Phuket...

Doesn't a statute-of-limitations apply to these, much as it does/will also, to Thaksin's much-delayed cases ? 'Ten years' rings a bell ?

"a totalitarian state under the control of a select few"

Funny, but I thought that had already started, two-and-a-half years ago, many might argue that Thailand has always been that way, did you only just notice ? whistling.gif

It might be interesting to theorise how some sort of Constitutional-reform might now go-ahead, to be ratified eventually by a national-referendum of course, after the coming election ? This might be one topic for the parties' campaigning, I wonder how Abhisit's (will he lead the Dems into this election ?) proposal might differ from former-party-member Suthep's, and whether PTP's (led by whomever) might have learned from their own recent experience ?

It will be a busy/interesting 60-days !

How many of those wealthy families had lived on that land for as long as if not as long as the other 478 farmers?

Should those people have been left out just because they were richers than the others?

What is the wealth value that it should start at 1, 10, 25, 50, 100 million baht?

Where I live in rural Thailand land titles were also granted to ALL the landowners irrespective of their wealth provided that the land was lived and worked on.

How about all the MPs who own large areas of land. PTP, Democrats etc and pay no tax. Is that OK too?

"December 9 will the biggest day in history and it will break all the records ever set by democracy aspirants anywhere in the world." cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Yea because no one holds a candle to Saint Suthep soon to be receiver of the 2014 nobel peace prize, ok it'll be a copy from Khaosan road but its good enough in Thailand whistling.gif

Just when I thought this pratt had run out of hilarious things to say w00t.gif

but they are huge today. seems like they will bring home the trophy

So Suthep is after the world record then?

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is why I say, an educated person talk like a child and demanding from the government like a child demanding from there parents. Cannot say no must do as he requested.

And now he wants to talk about "dictatorship". What a funny statement..