Thai PM calls elections as 100,000 join protests

webfact

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A brief calculation. 2.5 people per sqm. 1km * 6m = 6,000 * 2.5 = 15,000 per km of 3 lanes. Simultaneous photos 10km apart on Viphavadi-Rangsit showed full lanes. That would be 150,000 on 1 route alone if that were it (but that was just what could be seen). Similar on other routes. This looks like it has the ability to touch the 1,000,000 mark today

Sent from my phone, hence brevity and gypos

Wow...100.000...that is only 900.000 short of what they wanted...coffee1.gif

It is also a number given by CAPO ... totally rubbish

If you are not seeing the twitter feeds from all over BKK then you have no clue.

Current estimates are over 1M ... when we get some numbers from unbiased observers we will have a better clue. In some places the march to gov't house is 4 hours in and going ... and the starting point still has not cleared.

100,000 on the streets in a country of 50,000,000.

A small minority trying to impose their will on a large majority.

When will Bangkokians learn that Thailand is much bigger than just Bangkok?

Bangkok is not Thailand. It's a part of Thailand.

seperate isarn from Thailand or let people vote on basis of the tax they pay.. that would solve the problem.

Also 100.000 protesting does not mean only 100.000 are not content.. remember the red Thugs that burned BKK down ? Seems it went a lot better this time.. far more civilized.

Lets put the strength of this rabble into a perspective that we cant disagree with. Thailand has 60,000,000 people of which lets say 40,000,000 have the right to vote. The 100,000 on the street represents 0.25% of the electorate. Truly representative of the nation...think not

Edited by backtonormal

If you are not seeing the twitter feeds from all over BKK then you have no clue.

Current estimates are over 1M ... when we get some numbers from unbiased observers we will have a better clue. In some places the march to gov't house is 4 hours in and going ... and the starting point still has not cleared.

1) oh...yeah Twitter! The new bible!

2) unbiased observers, like...who?

3) I am not saying, the numbers might not be rubbish. I am just saying, if it is 100k, then...

4) even if it would be 3 Million...that would mean exactly...what?

seperate isarn from Thailand or let people vote on basis of the tax they pay.. that would solve the problem.

Also 100.000 protesting does not mean only 100.000 are not content.. remember the red Thugs that burned BKK down ? Seems it went a lot better this time.. far more civilized.

Lets put the strength of this rabble into a perspective that we cant disagree with. Thailand has 60,000,000 people of which lets say 40,000,000 have the right to vote. The 100,000 on the street represents 0.25% of the electorate. Truly representative of the nation...think not

Seems there are other higher estimates now.. some going up to 1000.0000 and not all people who are discontent are protesting. You cant just say that only people who are discontent protest.. there are also people who dont protest but want the government down.

It may appear an impressive turnout from the photos taken at a low angle because you can't see the gaps between individuals. The helicopter shots tell a different story. Anyone who has tried to get home after attending a big sports event with 50,000+ people will know the crowds look much bigger than the ones we can see today.

Edited by edwardandtubs

3) I am not saying, the numbers might not be rubbish. I am just saying, if it is 100k, then...

That there were load more unsatisfied people then there ever were red protesters during their infamous burning of parts of bkk. You seem to only count protesters as those wanting the government to stop. How about those who are not protesting and want the same. If you use that same logic back in 2010 .. I think you get my point.

Take your blinkers off. Do you think everybody that wants change is out protesting in Bangkok ? If so then why has such a small % of the population managed to force the government into calling for new elections ? Think about it.

It is my understanding that the people of Thailand still have their sovereignty but if The Mouth from the South gets his way it will be taken from the people and put into the hands of a few selected men. Who you can bet will all be Hi-So Thais from Bangkok plus "wonder of wonders" Suthep himself. Then what will life hold for the poorer people of 'anywhere' above Bangkok. whistling.gif

• Like 2

With my eyes i see many more than 100,000

More like well over a million if you count nationwide

do you think it's only people in Bangkok that are protesting? cant you see the protest any where else?

A small minority, you must be having a laugh

Take your blinkers off. Do you think everybody that wants change is out protesting in Bangkok ? If so then why has such a small % of the population managed to force the government into calling for new elections ? Think about it.

Maybe because there's a track record of a minority of protesters deposing a democratically elected government in Thailand.

Fookin' A. Bunch of freeloaders that wouldn't get 5% of the vote.

suspend the country's democracy in favour of an unelected "People's Council"

The one thing most Thai are proud of is their King. It is a pity that all disputes end with the monarchy as arbiter instead of collective reasoning toward some compromise solution; but reason does not have the élan of the monarchy.

With my eyes i see many more than 100,000

More like well over a million if you count nationwide

do you think it's only people in Bangkok that are protesting? cant you see the protest any where else?

A small minority, you must be having a laugh

And how are your (blinkered) eyes qualified to give crowd estimates?

How do you estimate the number of people in something like this ?

If you follow the news updates you will see that the lime of people coming from one direction is 3 KM long.

And there are 9 different groups going from different directions.

Someone has said 100k, who else wants to have a go?

A million people doesn't look that big if there's room for them, any more that 100,000 looks that big in a proper football stadium.

I saw 1 million people on and around the Mall in Washington, DC. At least that what the news networks reported later. The mall is 2+ miles long and 1/3 mile wide. (3 km x .5 km) The crowd overflowed from that up some side streets.

I have no idea how many people are protesting across Thailand. I can say only that 100,000 wouldn't look that big.

100,000 is just over a Manchester derby numbers, looks to me like 10x that in BKK and lets not forget the rest of the country

I am not a professional estimator. But it sure look like 10 million to me. At least to me.

It's in the millions....

It may appear an impressive turnout from the photos taken at a low angle because you can't see the gaps between individuals. The helicopter shots tell a different story. Anyone who has tried to get home after attending a big sports event with 50,000+ people will know the crowds look much bigger than the ones we can see today.

Another blind observer, do you have an agenda? There is well over 100,000

The Intelligence/logic level some of you display is laughable, or is there another reason for being so blind?

100.000 only???

What a loss of face for insane Suthep :)

And the majority were bought from the deep south...

Sorry, "brought" :)

If it's only 100.000 it is a very good news. It means that there are less brainwashed extremists than I thought.

Sound people would never follow or support Suthep in his acts of treason and insurrection.

• Like 1

That there were load more unsatisfied people then there ever were red protesters during their infamous burning of parts of bkk. You seem to only count protesters as those wanting the government to stop. How about those who are not protesting and want the same. If you use that same logic back in 2010 .. I think you get my point.

Whereas those who are protesting now, are totally forgetting some other 15 million, who voted (yeah, I know: all bought votes...) the for the current government.

Bluesky just reported that police will be pulling out of Govt House soon. Suthep is expected to make announcement before 5 pm.

What does that mean? That the police is giving up?

Yingluck must be cursing the day she was ever talked into getting involved in her brother's political mess.

100.000 only???

What a loss of face for insane Suthep smile.png

And the majority were bought from the deep south...

Sorry, "brought" smile.png

If it's only 100.000 it is a very good news. It means that there are less brainwashed extremists than I thought.

Sound people would never follow or support Suthep in his acts of treason and insurrection.

Boy, are you going to be disappointed!

• Like 1